GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Good Bye to my Lexus GS 350...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-19, 01:07 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Yeah RX FSport is the way to go for SUV. The 2020 refresh makes it even better.

And yeah I could never get a deal at Keye's either, tried twice there but no deal. I only go there if I need to buy parts cause for some reason their online store has the lowest prices compared to other dealers in the area.
i agree just glad I didn’t get a deal from them I’ll rather that a longer drive to deal with a better dealer
Old 10-13-19, 06:20 PM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Now all you need is this Artisan Spirits kit.........
The following 2 users liked this post by Coolchuck:
mikesd1980 (10-15-19), NickMayer (10-14-19)
Old 10-13-19, 08:56 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Coolchuck
Congrats on the new ride. Now all you need is this Artisan Spirits kit.........
Wow that looks really good.
Old 10-14-19, 11:52 AM
LEP XEP
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you mind sharing your deal through IM? We are in market for one to and waiting for "December to Remeber" deal. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Twizgs (10-14-19)
Old 10-15-19, 06:50 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Twizgs
Saying good bye to my 4th Lexus GS 350, I have had the following model years 2008.2009.2013.2015

Now its time for an upgrade I like the styling of the new ES however I do not like FWD, so today I traded in my Pearl White Lexus GS for a Brand new Lexus RX F Sport.

You do know the RX350 is FWD drive?
Old 10-15-19, 07:40 PM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

The color combo is nice. Lately i been thinking of getting a RX F sport. I have been getting them for loaners and liking them. I'm waiting for the December sales event to see what they're offering.

P.S. kit above looks awesome!!
Old 10-15-19, 10:41 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
You do know the RX350 is FWD drive?
Yes i'm aware the RX comes standard with FWD and based on a Fwd platform however I have AWD on my F-sport...whats your point??
The following users liked this post:
NickMayer (10-16-19)
Old 10-15-19, 10:46 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
The color combo is nice. Lately i been thinking of getting a RX F sport. I have been getting them for loaners and liking them. I'm waiting for the December sales event to see what they're offering.

P.S. kit above looks awesome!!
Yeah I'm sure the deals will be great around that time, I decided to pull the trigger now because sales were not so good last month for Lexus so I knew they would be willing to make a good deal for October. I grab the last RX F-sport AWD fully optioned out at 62K got 12% off MSRP and then Lexus gave me $3500 rebate. I couldn't pass up that deal.
Old 10-16-19, 04:05 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Twizgs
Wow that looks really good.
Precept the color is off. Most noticeable on the fender flares, 2 different whites.
Old 10-16-19, 07:38 PM
gflexus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Similar situation for me. My lease was up today on my '16 GS350 F-Sport......Pear white with red interior. Beautiful combo! Great car!

Like you we decided to go for an SUV (for the first time for us) due to need for room for new grandson's baby seat, etc.

Unlike you, I've had great experience with Keyes on 2 Lexus deals. I tested out the RX...exact same car as yours.....very nice well done. Non F sport was like driving a living room sofa, but the F sport was very good. Ultimately the RX became my third choice.

After owning two Lexus, I wanted a change. Next I test drove the Audi SQ5,...very impressive. Next was the BMW X3 M40i. Within one block I decided I had to have this BMW. I've had all types of cars over the years, including Porsche 911, but this BMW was one of the most powerful cars I've ever driven on the street! It totally blew me away. And I'm not impressed easily with cars. I've since read many reviews of the car and most reviewers have had the same positive reaction to this car/SUV (or SAV as BMW calls it).

This M40i is like a BMW M3 with a SUV body on it. Car and Driver clocked it at 4.4 seconds 0-60, 13.0 sec in the 1/4 mile at 107 MPH, and .85 on skid pad! And it feels like it!

The BMW is very nice inside (not as nice as RX) but has better tech....idrive, touch screen, and wireless apple car play and phone charging, etc. Lexus fit and finish is more plush and has higher quality feel to it. BMW is all business and more stark. But mechanically, how the car drives, it runs circles around the Lexus (and most others). Everything from the engine, ZF trans, rear biased all wheel drive, and suspension is razor sharp and reacts precisely.

The BMW stickered for about same price as the RX F sport, but BMW leases were more expensive, so the car cost me slightly more $ to lease then the RX would have. I even used a car broker for the first time...but BMW was a little more $ to lease.

I know, Lexus is more reliable, but this is a three year lease, I'm sure BMW will be fine for 3 years!!. But boy am I going to have fun for 3 years!!!
Old 10-20-19, 09:10 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gflexus
Similar situation for me. My lease was up today on my '16 GS350 F-Sport......Pear white with red interior. Beautiful combo! Great car!

Like you we decided to go for an SUV (for the first time for us) due to need for room for new grandson's baby seat, etc.

Unlike you, I've had great experience with Keyes on 2 Lexus deals. I tested out the RX...exact same car as yours.....very nice well done. Non F sport was like driving a living room sofa, but the F sport was very good. Ultimately the RX became my third choice.

After owning two Lexus, I wanted a change. Next I test drove the Audi SQ5,...very impressive. Next was the BMW X3 M40i. Within one block I decided I had to have this BMW. I've had all types of cars over the years, including Porsche 911, but this BMW was one of the most powerful cars I've ever driven on the street! It totally blew me away. And I'm not impressed easily with cars. I've since read many reviews of the car and most reviewers have had the same positive reaction to this car/SUV (or SAV as BMW calls it).

This M40i is like a BMW M3 with a SUV body on it. Car and Driver clocked it at 4.4 seconds 0-60, 13.0 sec in the 1/4 mile at 107 MPH, and .85 on skid pad! And it feels like it!

The BMW is very nice inside (not as nice as RX) but has better tech....idrive, touch screen, and wireless apple car play and phone charging, etc. Lexus fit and finish is more plush and has higher quality feel to it. BMW is all business and more stark. But mechanically, how the car drives, it runs circles around the Lexus (and most others). Everything from the engine, ZF trans, rear biased all wheel drive, and suspension is razor sharp and reacts precisely.

The BMW stickered for about same price as the RX F sport, but BMW leases were more expensive, so the car cost me slightly more $ to lease then the RX would have. I even used a car broker for the first time...but BMW was a little more $ to lease.

I know, Lexus is more reliable, but this is a three year lease, I'm sure BMW will be fine for 3 years!!. But boy am I going to have fun for 3 years!!!
Congrats on the BMW, I once owned a 328xi Coupe and yes they are fun to drive. Leasing is only way to buy a BMW I wouldn't own one or buy them used. After my fun with BMW I went back to Lexus. Maybe after your lease is up Lexus will have better products RX and NX will be redesigned. I'm sure Lexus will be offering more power soon enough.