New GS owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-19, 03:14 PM
icee1
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New GS owner

Hi all

Just picked up a 2016 GS350 F sport (NGP on Rioja red) about 2 weeks ago. Since it's used, I'm missing a few things and hoping the community can help out.
  • Also the SD card that came with my car is from a 2018, so my vehicle can't update. What SD card part number should I look for to buy the correct card? (I don't want to go through the dealership that sold me the car anymore as they've given so much grief I'd rather just buy it rather than deal with them any longer) My head unit keeps glitching turning on and off every 2-3 mins. still covered under factory warranty, but the service dept I took it to needs the correct SD card before they can move forward with diagnosis.
  • I am also missing the front passenger floor mat. I've checked with a couple Lexus dealers, and they only sell by the set. Looked online, and same thing. Does anyone know a site or store where I can get just the one by any chance?

Other than those minor things, the car's a blast and I love it! The community here is awesome too! Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 10-23-19, 04:25 PM
bumada
Driver

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

My car was missing the driver mat as well so I just went ahead and bought the all weather mats.
Old 10-23-19, 04:33 PM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by icee1
Hi all

Just picked up a 2016 GS350 F sport (NGP on Rioja red) about 2 weeks ago. Since it's used, I'm missing a few things and hoping the community can help out.
  • Also the SD card that came with my car is from a 2018, so my vehicle can't update. What SD card part number should I look for to buy the correct card? (I don't want to go through the dealership that sold me the car anymore as they've given so much grief I'd rather just buy it rather than deal with them any longer) My head unit keeps glitching turning on and off every 2-3 mins. still covered under factory warranty, but the service dept I took it to needs the correct SD card before they can move forward with diagnosis.
  • I am also missing the front passenger floor mat. I've checked with a couple Lexus dealers, and they only sell by the set. Looked online, and same thing. Does anyone know a site or store where I can get just the one by any chance?

Other than those minor things, the car's a blast and I love it! The community here is awesome too! Thanks in advance for the help!
Congrats. I'm almost positive that you cannot buy carpet mats piece by piece. You will likely have to buy all 4 pieces together. If you want aftermarket, you probably can find them in sets front or rear.
Old 10-23-19, 05:03 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

I assume you have RWD? If you are AWD I have a new carpet mat you can have. Just pay for the shipping.

Steve
Old 10-23-19, 05:45 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 204 Posts

Let me check my OEM, mats I might have a drivers mat I can sell you. I have Weathertech mats in my car
Old 10-23-19, 08:13 PM
icee1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob256k
Let me check my OEM, mats I might have a drivers mat I can sell you. I have Weathertech mats in my car
I have the driver’s. Missing the front passenger.

Originally Posted by HUSKERnKS
I assume you have RWD? If you are AWD I have a new carpet mat you can have. Just pay for the shipping.
Yeah RWD. Didn’t know the 2 drives had diff mats.
Steve
Originally Posted by azipod
Congrats. I'm almost positive that you cannot buy carpet mats piece by piece. You will likely have to buy all 4 pieces together. If you want aftermarket, you probably can find them in sets front or rear.
Thank you. Yeah I might have to go that route.

Originally Posted by bumada
My car was missing the driver mat as well so I just went ahead and bought the all weather mats.
Im thinking to do that too. It’s just im in SoCal, so I don’t really have a huge need for those. They’ll come in handy snowboarding. (Though the backseats don’t fold :/)

Anyone know the part # for SD card btw? Checking if I can find a Toyota or get lucky on eBay..
Old 10-24-19, 12:31 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Why didn't the service department you took your car to tell you the part number for the SD card to update your maps? They would know better than us.
Any particular reason you bought the car with this issue or did you only find about the problem afterwards? Really should be something the dealer you purchased from should fix with no out of pocket expense to you.

Last edited by peasodos; 10-24-19 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10-24-19, 04:54 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,113 Likes on 721 Posts

http://factorylparts.com/gs350-gs450...013-thru-2019/

https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D

Last edited by Freds430; 10-24-19 at 04:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
icee1 (10-24-19)
Old 10-24-19, 08:27 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Why didn't the service department you took your car to tell you the part number for the SD card to update your maps? They would know better than us.
Any particular reason you bought the car with this issue or did you only find about the problem afterwards? Really should be something the dealer you purchased from should fix with no out of pocket expense to you.
I'm guessing the dealership he bought the car from is not a Lexus dealership...maybe even an independent used car dealer.
Old 10-24-19, 08:40 AM
icee1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bclexus
I'm guessing the dealership he bought the car from is not a Lexus dealership...maybe even an independent used car dealer.
Correct. I purchased from a Ford dealership.

Originally Posted by peasodos
The SD card is on a 2 week back order and just checking to see if I can get lucky maybe find on ebay or somewhere. I knew about the SD card, and they supposedly got the corrected one for me but didn't. I also knew about the nav screen glitch from CL forums and it is still covered under factory warranty.
Old 10-24-19, 09:02 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

I can send you the passenger side. PM me and we can work it out.

Steve

Last edited by HUSKERnKS; 10-24-19 at 09:09 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by HUSKERnKS:
icee1 (10-24-19), Im2bz2p345 (10-26-19)
Old 10-24-19, 07:08 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by icee1
Im thinking to do that too. It’s just im in SoCal, so I don’t really have a huge need for those. They’ll come in handy snowboarding. (Though the backseats don’t fold :/)
You’d be surprised on how big our trunk is! I was able to fit my snowboard in the trunk, in the left/right orientation rather than front/back.
Old 10-25-19, 01:38 PM
icee1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
You’d be surprised on how big our trunk is! I was able to fit my snowboard in the trunk, in the left/right orientation rather than front/back.
Say what?? I guess I'll have a chance to check in a couple months when I take the board out of storage
Old 10-27-19, 04:53 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 204 Posts

The 4GS trunk remains undefeated; luggage,!snowboards, golf bags, Costco runs, IKEA furniture, it doesn't matter it it will probably fit
Old 10-28-19, 07:33 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by bob256k
The 4GS trunk remains undefeated; luggage,!snowboards, golf bags, Costco runs, IKEA furniture, it doesn't matter it it will probably fit
You've obviously never been to Ikea with MY wife, HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: New GS owner