GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Considering selling

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-19, 09:37 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Yeah, trading it in would be the best option and ur off the hook once u signed the paperwork. Just eat the loss and work with them, sometimes they can cut the price more from the new car that ur trading into, so it kinda balances it off a little. U lose 2K on the GS and they take 2K off the LS selling price, that kinda deal.

Talking to a salesman is useless (nothing against salesmen here) but when I talk numbers, I always talk to the manager and their GM. The only time I talk to the salesman is once my car is ready to go.
So true about the salesmen. I dealt directly with the sales mgr's. of all the places I dealt with.
Old 11-21-19, 01:34 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 413 Likes on 251 Posts

Thanks for everything guys, carmax has it.
boynton beach location. They gave the best offer by a large margin.
Old 11-21-19, 01:36 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomin
Thanks for everything guys, carmax has it.
boynton beach location. They gave the best offer by a large margin.
How much was the offer?
Old 11-21-19, 02:47 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,157 Likes on 854 Posts

@Boomin now that CarMax has your GS - are you getting an LS soon?
The following users liked this post:
Boomin (11-22-19)
Old 11-21-19, 02:49 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

That makes me a little sad. I really liked your GS!

Good luck with your next purchase!
Boomin (11-22-19)
Old 11-21-19, 05:18 PM
Boomin
Racer

Thanks man!

Yea testing a few already but my heart really wants a 430.
found a mint one in GA but just too far away. Im not in a rush but excited for a new project.

Here's a photo of one I found online

Old 11-21-19, 05:48 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

An LS430??? Are you 80? ;D

I kid, I kid...sort of...
Boomin (11-22-19)
Old 11-23-19, 06:46 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

IMO, it's best to cleanup the vehicle and wash the exterior before heading to dealership. Presentation on selling is important for the best price.

I have purchased and sold a number of vehicles to dealers and private parties over the years.

- If you are planning to use the dealer route, I would try to get 2-3 appraisals. Btw, I went Carmax before and their appraisal were the lowest. Compare your appraisals between dealerships. Don't be afraid to haggling the dealerships. If the vehicle is rare enough, some dealerships may bid higher after haggling. Note that dealerships are there to make money, they want to purchase the lowest price and sell at the highest price to make money. In our area, the dealerships mark up $3000-$4000 from the acquisition price. The dealership that I dealt with was willing to paid off the loan for the tile on a car I used to own. They would wait til they receive the title before releasing the other funds. IMO, it's the best strategy if you don't have to pull funds to pay off the vehicle or dealt with strangers at your place.

- If you use the private party, not many people would pay more than $20K cash in area. As another person mention, you'll have to put up with buyers that aren't serious in purchasing but want to test drive only or doesn't have enough money.

If the vehicle isn't paid off with tile, it's hard to sell given most people doesn't trust the seller. I ran into that case while owning the Toyota SUV, I requested the buyer put down a small non-refundable deposit as a hold if they walked away I keep the money. I still had to paid off the car to sell. The buyer did wait that 3 weeks for the tile to close out the transaction.

Last edited by websurfer; 11-26-19 at 06:22 PM.
Boomin (11-24-19)
Old 11-25-19, 07:46 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Boom I thought ur getting the LS500 but the 430 is kinda old now. Might be better to keep ur GS and get a used 430, the prices can't be that high for those now.
The following 2 users liked this post by ItzFilyO:
BM1620 (11-26-19), Boomin (11-26-19)
Old 11-25-19, 07:58 AM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
IMO, it's best to cleanup the vehicle and wash the exterior before heading to dealership. Presentation on selling is important for the best price.

I have purchased and sold a number of vehicles to dealers and private parties over the years.

- If you are planning to use the dealer route, I would try to get 2-3 appraisals. Btw, I went Carmax before and their appraisal were the lowest. Compare your appraisals between dealerships. Don't be afraid to haggling the dealerships. If the vehicle is rare enough, some dealerships may bid higher after haggling. Note that dealerships are there to make money, they want to purchase the lowest price and sell at the highest price to make money. In our area, the dealerships mark up $3000-$4000 from the acquisition price. The dealership that I dealt with was willing to paid off the loan for the tile on a car I used to own. They would wait til they receive the tile before releasing the other funds. IMO, it's the best strategy if you don't have to pull funds to pay off the vehicle or dealt with strangers at your place.

- If you use the private party, not many people would pay more than $20K cash in area. As another person mention, you'll have to put up with buyers that aren't serious in purchasing but want to test drive only or doesn't have enough money.

If the vehicle isn't paid off with tile, it's hard to sell given most people doesn't trust the seller. I ran into that case while owning the Toyota SUV, I requested the buyer put down a small non-refundable deposit as a hold if they walked away I keep the money. I still had to paid off the car to sell. The buyer did wait that 3 weeks for the tile to close out the transaction.
I'm sorry but reading this post it just bothered me seeing "tile" written instead of "title" . I think you meant "title" right?
Old 11-26-19, 01:11 AM
OUT FOX EM
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8221/overview/

$30,846 for a 2016 GS 350 with Lux package, triple beam led, and 42,772 miles is a good deal. Seems like it has all the options except for HUD.

Thanks @peasodos for posting this car right here! I was shopping for a 2016+ black on black AWD F-Sport under $30k with decent mileage. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to find a Luxury package that matched that description. Then literally the day after you posted this, that one dropped to $28,500, and I was IMMEDIATELY all over it. I just finished driving it back 850 miles because I knew if I didn't get it right then, someone else would. Sure enough, several people were trying to buy it after I put my deposit down to hold it until I got there. Now, thanks to you, I am the proud owner of that car.

Also, thanks a lot to @Boomin for making this thread and helping me find the exact car you didn't want! Now I hope you find one you do.
The following 2 users liked this post by OUT FOX EM:
Boomin (11-26-19), denary (11-26-19)
Old 11-26-19, 01:22 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by OUT FOX EM
Thanks @peasodos for posting this car right here! I was shopping for a 2016+ black on black AWD F-Sport under $30k with decent mileage. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to find a Luxury package that matched that description. Then literally the day after you posted this, that one dropped to $28,500, and I was IMMEDIATELY all over it. I just finished driving it back 850 miles because I knew if I didn't get it right then, someone else would. Sure enough, several people were trying to buy it after I put my deposit down to hold it until I got there. Now, thanks to you, I am the proud owner of that car.

Also, thanks a lot to @Boomin for making this thread and helping me find the exact car you didn't want! Now I hope you find one you do.
Wow, yeah that was a great deal. I don't think that Chevy dealership knew what they had exactly options wise with that GS. Also they were just trying to unload that car. I bought my GS from a Toyota dealership that didn't know exactly what the car had as far as options, but not as good a deal as you got.

Also I got the links for those cars from AJLex19 post.

Last edited by peasodos; 11-26-19 at 01:26 AM.
AJLex19 (11-26-19)
Old 11-26-19, 06:20 AM
BM1620
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely keep your GS and get one of these for your project car. I wouldn't get rid of your GS unless you were thinking of going with the new LS 500.
Old 11-26-19, 07:19 AM
OUT FOX EM
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Wow, yeah that was a great deal. I don't think that Chevy dealership knew what they had exactly options wise with that GS. Also they were just trying to unload that car. I bought my GS from a Toyota dealership that didn't know exactly what the car had as far as options, but not as good a deal as you got.

Also I got the links for those cars from AJLex19 post.
Agreed. The salesman admitted that he didn’t know anything about the car, and as soon as the price dropped the phone started ringing off the hook from several states away, which was the only indication they had that it was a rare car at a rare price.

Thanks to @AJLex19 as well for the find! It was a long weekend and a very long drive but well worth it for sure.
The following 3 users liked this post by OUT FOX EM:
AJLex19 (11-26-19), Boomin (11-26-19), Lend0 (11-26-19)
Old 11-26-19, 08:17 AM
Boomin
Racer

Originally Posted by OUT FOX EM

Booooooom!!
That's awesome man congratulations!

Quick Reply: Considering selling