GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 GS350 heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-19, 06:32 AM
mcdemus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 GS350 heated seats

I recently purchased a 2014 GS350 that does not have heated seats. The seats are perforated like the heated and cooled seats, but I was shocked when i got it home and realized it did not have the buttons to control the heat/cool.

Do the seats have the heating elements in them already and I just need to have the controls added? Or do you have to take the seats apart and add the elements?

Same question for the heated steering wheel.

Feeling really dumb

Bob
The following users liked this post:
Danonz (08-18-21)
Old 11-20-19, 06:45 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! There are some base model GS's that do not have the premium package/heated seats. Here is a helpful thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...led-seats.html
Old 11-20-19, 09:51 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdemus
I recently purchased a 2014 GS350 that does not have heated seats. The seats are perforated like the heated and cooled seats, but I was shocked when i got it home and realized it did not have the buttons to control the heat/cool.

Do the seats have the heating elements in them already and I just need to have the controls added? Or do you have to take the seats apart and add the elements?

Same question for the heated steering wheel.

Feeling really dumb

Bob
You could add the feature, but it's not so simple. Your seats most likely don't have the heating pad or the cooling fans.

If that's the case you would have to buy a set of seats that are heated and cooled on the used market, swap out the seats.
Then get the heated/cooled button and the corresponding trim piece and install that, if the plug for it is there.
Then finally change the AC amplifier behind the glove box with the correct one from a car that had these features. the AC amplifier powers/controls the heated/cooled seats.

I went through a similar experience when I upgraded by original seats to the ones from the Luxury package.

Another option is to buy an aftermarket heated seat kit and install it. That would involve taking your seat apart to install the heating pads behind the leather. It's a lot cheaper, but also a descent project.
Old 11-20-19, 09:53 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Do you have a 12.3" display or 8" screen?
Old 11-20-19, 11:07 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

This must be a real stripper of a GS then. My first 14 GS was the cheapest on the lot and still came with the Premium package with 12" nav and heated and vented seats, just no heated steering wheel.
Old 11-20-19, 11:54 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
This must be a real stripper of a GS then. My first 14 GS was the cheapest on the lot and still came with the Premium package with 12" nav and heated and vented seats, just no heated steering wheel.
I would guess that a GS 350 without the Premium package option (which includes: Rain-sensing Wipers, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats & Power Rear Sunshade) is much more rare than is the GS 350 with the Luxury package option.

It should be noted that almost every GS 350 has the Navigation system included, and usually included with all GS 350s are the following options - Blind Spot Monitor System, Intuitive Parking Assist, 18" Alloy Wheels, Rear Bumper Applique and wheel locks.
Old 07-20-20, 03:24 PM
OuterHaven
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bring this post back...peasodos, can you tell me the part number for the ac amplifier that goes behind the glove box? I got a great deal on my 2015 GS 350 but it's base and without heated/venitlated seats.

I've seen your other post where you installed luxury front and rear seats on your gs 350 and I'm looking to do the same. I've already bought the trim piece with on/off switches from ebay and I saw the same color luxury seats, front and rear, on car-parts.com and was quoated 1300 for all of them shipped.

Would this be the right part for the ac amplifer?: https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-13-15-L...0AAOSwRS9eICLt

I looked up the vin and the donor car is a 2014 gs 350 with premium package.
Old 07-20-20, 10:02 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

peasodos might have the amp you want, if you don't care for the 3zone climate control i have fsport seats in black. if you're getting just the front seats that should work, if you're getting the rear with the rear controls it won't
Old 07-20-20, 10:10 PM
OuterHaven
Driver School Candidate

My original seats are light grey and I wanna exchange it for luxury light grey seats, which i found on car-parts.com. I just want to keep it the same so it'll match the rest of the car, trim pieces, and the center console.

And upon further researching, It seems the right part number for the 3 zone climate control amplifier is: 88650-30P71

Someone just bought one on ebay five days ago. If only I learned about this a little bit sooner lol
Old 07-21-20, 12:14 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OuterHaven
My original seats are light grey and I wanna exchange it for luxury light grey seats, which i found on car-parts.com. I just want to keep it the same so it'll match the rest of the car, trim pieces, and the center console.

And upon further researching, It seems the right part number for the 3 zone climate control amplifier is: 88650-30P71

Someone just bought one on ebay five days ago. If only I learned about this a little bit sooner lol
Took me almost a year to track down a lux ac amplifier for the hybrid, hard to find.

So when looking for ac amplifier there are 3 criteria:
  1. 2 zone or 3 zone(luxury)
  2. with or without cold weather package
  3. hybrid and non-hybrid
The donor car must have luxury seats, can have either for option2, and non hybrid.

Also 2013 -2014 should also work but if it's from a 2013 car you won't get auto heated/cooled seats.

"Would this be the right part for the ac amplifer?: https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-13-15-L...0AAOSwRS9eICLt
I looked up the vin and the donor car is a 2014 gs 350 with premium package."

^This is not a ac amplifier from a car with the lux package.

Did you ask the junkyard you got the quote for the lux seats about the ac amplifier from that car?

Last edited by peasodos; 07-21-20 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-21-20, 08:49 AM
OuterHaven
Driver School Candidate

Oh I see. If I don't care for the rear heated seats, then I don't need to buy another ac amplifier from luxury package car right? I can just use my amplifier?

I mainly just want to add heated/ventilated seats and 18 way adjustable front seats for my base car. I don't care too much for the rear.

And thanks for pointing out about the auto feature on heated/cool seats, peasodos, I didn't know that .The on/off switch i bought from ebay does have the auto feature but the seats i'm looking to buy are from 13 model year. I'm hoping the auto function will work, if not then it's no biggie. As long as it turns on and off.
Old 07-21-20, 09:25 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OuterHaven
Oh I see. If I don't care for the rear heated seats, then I don't need to buy another ac amplifier from luxury package car right? I can just use my amplifier?

I mainly just want to add heated/ventilated seats and 18 way adjustable front seats for my base car. I don't care too much for the rear.

And thanks for pointing out about the auto feature on heated/cool seats, peasodos, I didn't know that .The on/off switch i bought from ebay does have the auto feature but the seats i'm looking to buy are from 13 model year. I'm hoping the auto function will work, if not then it's no biggie. As long as it turns on and off.
If your only buying front lux seats and don't care for 3 zone climate control or heated rear seats, then yes I suppose any ac amplifier should do, as long as the donor car has heated seats.
Old 07-21-20, 10:10 AM
OuterHaven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
If your only buying front lux seats and don't care for 3 zone climate control or heated rear seats, then yes I suppose any ac amplifier should do, as long as the donor car has heated seats.
Okay got it. Thank you for your help. I'm looking forward to installing them
Old 12-04-23, 02:32 PM
riddl3r
1st Gear

Default Same electrical connector?

Love this thread. In the same predicament where I have a base model and found heated cooled seats from a donor car to replace mine. 2 questions:

1. Is the seat electrical connection the same or do I need to run extra power from the fuse box to power the heater and cooler?

2. Is there a chance that there is no electrical connection for the controls behind my blank trim piece? Will open it soon but assuming that the buttons will be plug and play.

So just to confirm, if I have heated cooled seats from a compatible year, a switch panel and trim and only want front heated seats, that’s all I need. Nothing else? Thanks!
Old 12-06-23, 03:57 PM
4GS350
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

And here i am wondering if i can disconnect the front seat heaters LOL. Havin heated seats turning on by itself isn't fun in a tropical country when the daily outside temp averages 33deg Celcius :P

Quick Reply: 2014 GS350 heated seats