I apologize in advance..2016 GS350 F sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-19, 04:08 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I apologize in advance..2016 GS350 F sport

happy holidays.
i I apologize in advance cause I've saw constant threads about this topic but most doesn't seem to directly answer questions about remote start for the 2016 GS 350 F Sport.

I'm in the United States too if that matters.

im a little confused about the whole remote start feature and Enform itself (currently not subscribed).

1. do I as an owner of a Lexus brought from a dealer get Enform for a year free whether I was 1st owner or 2nd?

2. is it possible to buy a Lexus fully equipped with remote start added w/o paying for it anymore after initial payment of car?

3. the rep told me i can get remote start feature for $500 but after reading some these posts im confused to if the $500 is a 1 time pay or I pay $500 then I must subscribe for monthly payments via Enform??

again I'm strictly speaking about 2016 GS350 F sport.

s/n any reputable sites where I can get OEM rims for less than dealer's price??

thank you again for reading. be blessed
Old 12-19-19, 05:36 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by LYTE
happy holidays.
i I apologize in advance cause I've saw constant threads about this topic but most doesn't seem to directly answer questions about remote start for the 2016 GS 350 F Sport.

I'm in the United States too if that matters.

im a little confused about the whole remote start feature and Enform itself (currently not subscribed).

1. do I as an owner of a Lexus brought from a dealer get Enform for a year free whether I was 1st owner or 2nd?

2. is it possible to buy a Lexus fully equipped with remote start added w/o paying for it anymore after initial payment of car?

3. the rep told me i can get remote start feature for $500 but after reading some these posts im confused to if the $500 is a 1 time pay or I pay $500 then I must subscribe for monthly payments via Enform??

again I'm strictly speaking about 2016 GS350 F sport.

This is a good question as I believe Enform Remote start is covered only for new vehicles, sometimes the dealership can give it complimentary. In terms of the payment it is either $80 for just the remote start service for the year so they are including other features like destination and probably safety connect. Can't really answer OEM wheels maybe check the marketplace or eBay but sometimes eBay is iffy as some knock offs are on there.
The following users liked this post:
LYTE (12-19-19)
Old 12-19-19, 05:40 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigblack06
This is a good question as I believe Enform Remote start is covered only for new vehicles, sometimes the dealership can give it complimentary. In terms of the payment it is either $80 for just the remote start service for the year so they are including other features like destination and probably safety connect. Can't really answer OEM wheels maybe check the marketplace or eBay but sometimes eBay is iffy as some knock offs are on there.
ok cool.
i only ask thar because when i purchased car in march, Sirius called me saying hey you get 3 months complimentary for purchasing this car. i i mentioned it was a used car but then rep said every time the car is sold through the Lexus dealer, it counts. so they gave me xm radio for 3 months.

however what about the remote start if i purchase it and have the dealer install for $500. i still have to pay monthly subscription for Enform for it to work or they will bypass that?
Old 12-19-19, 05:44 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

ok cool.
i only ask thar because when i purchased car in march, Sirius called me saying hey you get 3 months complimentary for purchasing this car. i i mentioned it was a used car but then rep said every time the car is sold through the Lexus dealer, it counts. so they gave me xm radio for 3 months.

however what about the remote start if i purchase it and have the dealer install for $500. i still have to pay monthly subscription for Enform for it to work or they will bypass that?
Every Lexus after 16 I believe comes with remote start installed from factory, you just have to contact Lexus to pay the $80 and start the service again. XM satelite is very different as they used to be 1 year but dropped it down to 3 months for every time the car is purchased.
LYTE (12-19-19)
Old 12-19-19, 05:51 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Every Lexus after 16 I believe comes with remote start installed from factory, you just have to contact Lexus to pay the $80 and start the service again. XM satelite is very different as they used to be 1 year but dropped it down to 3 months for every time the car is purchased.
thank you much
Old 12-19-19, 06:48 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

No, the complimentary year is only for the 1st owner.

Only as an aftermarket solution.

He was most likely offering an aftermarket solution, which many dealers will offer. So this solution would not be a part of Enform. To activate Enform, you pay the monthly fee but there is no installation or up front payment for it other than the subscription fee. There are some good threads on here about aftermarket remote start solutions if you are interested in going down that route.

I would check ebay. There are often owners on there who are selling their OEM wheels.
LYTE (12-19-19)
Old 12-19-19, 09:51 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDR76
No, the complimentary year is only for the 1st owner.

Only as an aftermarket solution.

He was most likely offering an aftermarket solution, which many dealers will offer. So this solution would not be a part of Enform. To activate Enform, you pay the monthly fee but there is no installation or up front payment for it other than the subscription fee. There are some good threads on here about aftermarket remote start solutions if you are interested in going down that route.

I would check ebay. There are often owners on there who are selling their OEM wheels.
thank you
that's interesting they would offer aftermarket work at the dealer.
thanks for your info tho

also, any supreme benefits to using Enform vs an aftermarket if you have knowledge or experience with both??
Old 12-19-19, 12:31 PM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 245 Likes on 126 Posts

happy holidays.

I have a very clean set I took off my 2017 GS350 F Sport with about 3k miles on them. No Tires or Sensors just the wheels. PM me if your interested.
Old 12-22-19, 08:16 AM
LexusPerf
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If your car comes with the remote start option (RES) - you can start your vehicle from your key fob. You do not need enform service.
Old 12-23-19, 06:38 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusPerf
If your car comes with the remote start option (RES) - you can start your vehicle from your key fob. You do not need enform service.
yea
mines didn't
Old 12-23-19, 10:46 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusPerf
You do need the Enform service, depending on the year. Pre-16, you need the bundle service and post 16, you just need the remote start service. After the trial service ends, all the Remote start options are disabled unless you resubscribe.

Last edited by MX73; 12-23-19 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-23-19, 01:57 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

For your 2016 GS you have 2 factory options. Either way you have to pay for Safety Connect because that's what makes the DCM (data communication module) active.

1. Pay $80/year for Safety Connect and you will also be able to remote start your car with your key fob. Which whatever key fob distance range is. This used to require a Enform Remote subscription but Lexus just recently changed this policy. This policy actually applies to any Enform Remote capable Lexus vehicle.

2. Pay $160/year and get Safety Connect and Enform Remote app. This route you can start your car with your key fob or using the new Lexus app. The remote start app used to be called Lexus Enform Remote. Now it's just "Lexus".

New 2016 models came with a 1 year trial of Safety Connect, Remote and Destination Assist. This is dependent on date of first use (DOFU), not necessarily 1st owner.
Old 12-23-19, 02:01 PM
LYTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by offroad200
For your 2016 GS you have 2 factory options. Either way you have to pay for Safety Connect because that's what makes the DCM (data communication module) active.

1. Pay $80/year for Safety Connect and you will also be able to remote start your car with your key fob. Which whatever key fob distance range is. This used to require a Enform Remote subscription but Lexus just recently changed this policy. This policy actually applies to any Enform Remote capable Lexus vehicle.

2. Pay $160/year and get Safety Connect and Enform Remote app. This route you can start your car with your key fob or using the new Lexus app. The remote start app used to be called Lexus Enform Remote. Now it's just "Lexus".

New 2016 models came with a 1 year trial of Safety Connect, Remote and Destination Assist. This is dependent on date of first use (DOFU), not necessarily 1st owner.
is there anyway to find out if that option was used?
Old 12-23-19, 06:55 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Just as a point of clarification, Enform Remote began on the 2015s, not the 2016s.
Old 12-25-19, 05:49 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Happy Holidays.

so i guess the next question now is if i got an aftermarket remote start, will it have any negative effect on the car itself?

i saw a Viper i believe 2way that also have an Android app that I'm considering so far..

Quick Reply: I apologize in advance..2016 GS350 F sport