GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Searching for CPO with HUD - Unicorn? Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-20, 01:54 PM
tdub4
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Searching for CPO with HUD - Unicorn? Needed?

I am in market to replace my 2010 GS350 with a newer model GS350 F-Sport with low(er) miles (i.e. '17-'18) with less than 25k miles. Prefer Mica, Atomic Silver, Silver (maybe white) with black interior. After going my whole life without HUD (and not knowing I needed it ) I am now dead set on getting it. That being said, I am just not having luck finding the color combination with HUD built in from the factory. Curious for those that may have been in a similar boat and/or have HUD:

1) Is this not a very common option to be added at purchase of a new car and therefore there are not many available on pre-owned market?
2) For those that have it....is it something that you would wait to find knowing how you use it today or could you take it or leave it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-30-20, 02:20 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

When I bought my 19, every GS they had on the lot had HUD. Not sure if it was as available on 17/18.

And yes, I’d be willing to wait to get it. I really love it.
Old 01-30-20, 02:28 PM
A3A
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I’m the northeast here and been searching for a 2017 GS 350 F Sport and also no luck finding a single one with HUD to the point of giving up on it. Now have just been trying to find one that has triple beam LED headlights which are hit or miss but I have at least found a few with the option.
Old 01-30-20, 02:53 PM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tdub4
I am in market to replace my 2010 GS350 with a newer model GS350 F-Sport with low(er) miles (i.e. '17-'18) with less than 25k miles. Prefer Mica, Atomic Silver, Silver (maybe white) with black interior. After going my whole life without HUD (and not knowing I needed it ) I am now dead set on getting it. That being said, I am just not having luck finding the color combination with HUD built in from the factory. Curious for those that may have been in a similar boat and/or have HUD:

1) Is this not a very common option to be added at purchase of a new car and therefore there are not many available on pre-owned market?
2) For those that have it....is it something that you would wait to find knowing how you use it today or could you take it or leave it?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure what's going on with the '17 and '18 models but here's a certified one for consideration with only 30k miles on it. It so happens to be my favorite GS color combo and configuration available.
https://www.lexusofpleasanton.com/in...bz1bl4ga006527
Old 01-30-20, 04:06 PM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I have HUD on my 435i and I love it!
Old 01-30-20, 07:59 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

HUD is a very rare feature to find on the GS. It is spattered about on Lux pkg GS's and F-Sports. A few you might consider:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1834/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8583/overview/
Old 01-30-20, 09:14 PM
tdub4
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
HUD is a very rare feature to find on the GS. It is spattered about on Lux pkg GS's and F-Sports. A few you might consider:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1834/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8583/overview/
Thanks for the suggestions. The second one is actually at a local dealership although I have not gone to look at it due to them interior color not being black and it being AWD. Not sure the HUD on that one is worth settling for the Flaxen and AWD.
Old 01-30-20, 09:49 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Thanks in advance!
My last 2 cars had HUDs and I wouldn't buy another without. If I were buying a GS where they weren't automatically optioned I'd consider adding one after like Peasodos and Eddie did.
The following users liked this post:
NickMayer (01-31-20)
Old 01-31-20, 09:43 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had two cars with it. I dig it. First was a 93 SSEi. One of the first cars with it. GM products ;o)
AJLex19 (01-31-20)
Old 01-31-20, 10:13 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddyduddy
I've had two cars with it. I dig it. First was a 93 SSEi. One of the first cars with it. GM products ;o)
My uncle had a '92 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi - 205hp supercharged engine! I remember that it had HUD and the interior had a cockpit like feel with all the buttons and dash lit up at night
Old 02-01-20, 04:03 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

I remember when Bonneville came out with the SSEi and the all black one looked like Darth Vader would have driven it. Loved it! All orange lights in the interior looked like it was from outer space.
AJLex19 (02-01-20)
Old 02-01-20, 10:35 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Here is the rarest of rarest and fully loaded Luxury 2017 GS CPO, this dealer is in my backyard too. https://www.lexusofhighlandpark.com/...k-il/43374852/
Old 02-01-20, 11:15 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
Here is the rarest of rarest and fully loaded Luxury 2017 GS CPO, this dealer is in my backyard too. https://www.lexusofhighlandpark.com/...k-il/43374852/
It's actually a 2016, not 2017. It's loaded and a rare one for sure...and it's priced to sell. Nice car for anyone looking for an AWD Luxury package that's loaded!

The mileage is a little bit on the high side, but that's no big deal. It comes with CPO warranty and unlimited miles. Somebody will jump on that!
Old 02-01-20, 11:52 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 325 Likes on 203 Posts

Thanks in advance!

since you asked...... had it on my previous car, a 2013 BMW. I though it was very cool at first. After I got used it. I wear prescription sunglasses and prefer Poloarized. That negates the HUD. To transfer that data to the dash, I shut it off. I would then forget to put it back on for weeks on end. Given choices sure if it was on a car I’d pay a bit more but there were other priorities such as color combo and ML that were far more important.
All things being the same or near so, yeah. But I’m not missing it at all.
Again, since you asked. I sure others will disagree.
Old 02-01-20, 11:58 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 325 Likes on 203 Posts

Thanks in advance!

since you asked...... had it on my previous car, a 2013 BMW. I though it was very cool at first. After I got used it. I wear prescription sunglasses and prefer Poloarized. That negates the HUD. To transfer that data to the dash, I shut it off. I would then forget to put it back on for weeks on end. Given choices sure if it was on a car I’d pay a bit more but there were other priorities such as color combo and ML that were far more important.
All things being the same or near so, yeah. But I’m not missing it at all. NO doubt if you really want it, get it. Its not like you’ll regret it.
Again, since you asked. I sure others will disagree.

Quick Reply: Searching for CPO with HUD - Unicorn? Needed?