GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Vibration question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-20, 06:22 PM
Kwoojhawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Cwang, here's where he messed up. He did take it on a test drive but not at high speeds as it was described to him and he did not test it again after installation at high speeds (they were told 70-75 MPH) to make sure the problem was fixed properly. He took the information from myself that stated I felt it was coming from the driver side wheel. Just as I explained to the resident idiot if you tell a Doctor your side hurts, it's his job to figure out what is causing that, I can only give the symptoms. The error was on the mechanic (he's human)as the two service advisors heard me explain to him what the symptoms were, what speed and when the started and I don't feel he actually inspected the bearing or did a manual test. He jumped the gun and confirmed a wheel bearing was needed and she called me and told me over the phone in which I said go ahead. The trust of that opinion is based upon a great history. It's an honest mistake, not an end of the world saga as someone would make it out to be.

If this helps someone else on here that's what this site is for. To help, not be dismissive.
Old 02-12-20, 06:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Kwoojhawk - you agreed to these terms when you requested a user account here:

Originally Posted by Club Lexus TOS
Personal Attacks
While we encourage lively debates and discussions, we will not tolerate personal attacks of any kind. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and may have their offensive posts removed. One more offense and the offending member will be permanently suspended from Club Lexus. Any member that physically threatens another member, vendor or moderator on Club Lexus will result in an immediate automatic suspension.

Repeated name calling and insults will not be tolerated. Members are certainly going to disagree from time-to-time, but the disagreement should be about the topic not the person posting. Please keep debates factual and constructive and keep in mind you can always ‘agree to disagree’ rather than enter into a heated argument.
I'm not going to clean up your mess, but if it continues the thread will be locked immediately.
Old 02-12-20, 07:11 PM
Kwoojhawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No worries, I'm done. Problem solved, customer happy, the shop did the right thing in spite of someone's opinions.

Just asking if anyone had the same experience and sharing the results like this is supposed to work.

Last edited by Kwoojhawk; 02-12-20 at 07:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (02-13-20)