GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Fear of buying from japan

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-20, 06:22 PM
RashonC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fear of buying from japan

So I live in the Cayman Islands where parts are an issue and for me getting a 2013 Lexus GS350 is expensive to buy from the states but cheaper from Japan.... in fact many Japanese cars are here but not much Lexus GS350 are Lexus at all but there is a Toyota dealership and im wondering if the japanese GS350 can use the same American GS350 parts?
Old 02-23-20, 06:32 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by RashonC
So I live in the Cayman Islands where parts are an issue and for me getting a 2013 Lexus GS350 is expensive to buy from the states but cheaper from Japan.... in fact many Japanese cars are here but not much Lexus GS350 are Lexus at all but there is a Toyota dealership and im wondering if the japanese GS350 can use the same American GS350 parts?
For the most part the parts are exactly the same except for some obvious RHD, LHD differences.
The following users liked this post:
RashonC (02-23-20)
Old 02-23-20, 06:35 PM
RashonC
Driver School Candidate

so i shouldnt be worried about the parts then ... in a nutshell o should beable to get parts from the states and it should fit my japanese bought one correct?
Old 02-23-20, 06:36 PM
RashonC
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by peasodos
For the most part the parts are exactly the same except for some obvious RHD, LHD differences.
so i shouldnt be worried about the parts then ... in a nutshell o should beable to get parts from the states and it should fit my japanese bought one correct?
Old 02-23-20, 06:37 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I order parts from Japan many times I use:
https://www.amayama.com/en
or
http://jp-carparts.com/
The following users liked this post:
CAKETOWN (02-23-20)
Old 02-23-20, 06:40 PM
RashonC
Driver School Candidate

I order parts from Japan many times I use:
https://www.amayama.com/en
or
http://jp-carparts.com/
How long does it normally take to get to you and also it easier for me to go to fly to Miami and go the dealership... its cheaper than where i live due to Cayman being a tax heaven we charged heavily on import tax
Old 02-23-20, 06:44 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

How long does it normally take to get to you and also it easier for me to go to fly to Miami and go the dealership... its cheaper than where i live due to Cayman being a tax heaven we charged heavily on import tax
I have never gotten an import tax even with $300 worth of parts. to the USA I get it in 3-4 business days, it's really fast with DHL, sometimes faster than shipping from USA dealer.
Old 02-23-20, 06:45 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

The only thing is heavier or larger parts are expensive to ship from japan, so I end up ordering from some USA dealer with online discounts.
Old 02-23-20, 07:00 PM
RashonC
Driver School Candidate

The only thing is heavier or larger parts are expensive to ship from japan, so I end up ordering from some USA dealer with online discounts.
thank you for this info ill be ordering it and wishin for the best
Old 02-23-20, 11:05 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

You're in a RHD market, is a US based car even an option given it's the wrong way around? Or better yet buy from Australia, a much better option than US 350s as they're generally fully optioned by default.

If you have a Toyota dealership why would parts availability be an issue, surely they could order anything you need? I use Amayama to buy parts for my RHD GS350, they're great.

Old 02-24-20, 09:14 AM
silverjdm
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi RashonC,
I am from Saint Lucia and am in a similar situation. I have a 2013 GS350 Luxury package, imported from Singapore (RHD)
Similar to GCM , Saint Lucia has no official Lexus dealer.

What I normally do is to verify the part number on a site like https://partsouq.com/

By selecting the correct options for the vehicle, or by selecting the VIN or Chassis number.

I have found that most parts are the same between the RHD or LHD except on the obvious specific cases. (seat components, floor mats etc)

Once I have verified the part number I then source it directly from Partsouq or from which ever retailer is cheaper or reliable. Amazon, Ebay, or LexusPartsnow.com
I have found that based on location ordering from Japan can be expensive because of the freight costs., so i normally go with US based sources, directly or through a freight forwarder.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old 02-24-20, 10:04 AM
superboy74
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's nice to see another St.Lucian on the forum. I have also about bought parts fromhttps://partsouq.com/ for my who has father has a 2000 Toyota Aristo (GS 300) and 2013 Vellfire. The shipping is fast and silverjdm is correct all you need is the VIN or Chassis number. Most of the time i have the parts shipped to me in the US then get them to him other ways because of the island custom duties are high on parts. Some of the parts on Partsouq are cheaper there than the lexus dealer in the US for my GS 350.
Old 02-24-20, 11:19 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
You're in a RHD market, is a US based car even an option given it's the wrong way around? Or better yet buy from Australia, a much better option than US 350s as they're generally fully optioned by default.

If you have a Toyota dealership why would parts availability be an issue, surely they could order anything you need? I use Amayama to buy parts for my RHD GS350, they're great.
Everything is expensive in Austrailia except kangaroo meat.