GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Wanting a smooth ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-20, 02:23 PM
Discount Tire
Former Sponsor

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by HUSKERnKS
@Discount Tire When will you start having the Pirelli A/S Plus 2 in stock?

Thanks!
For now the A/S Plus 2 is a special order only product. However this model is readily available throughout most of the country and our stores would be happy to order a set in. If we can help you with a set, please let us know.

@NatGen Thank you for your business, and for the referral I'm glad to hear you had our road hazard protection and was able to get the tire replaced.
Old 02-28-20, 05:53 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

I appreciate the response.

I am down to the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack and the Pirelli A/S + II. I currently have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+3, but it is oversized (does slightly rub) and I also drive 40k per year mostly highway.

Would love all opinions.
Old 02-28-20, 06:26 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Both the Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus and the Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus II tires have an Unlimited Time, 70,000 Mile Limited Treadwear Warranty if that makes any difference to you. Since you drive 40,000 miles per year the high-mileage warranty should be important to you. If you fail to get 70,000 miles your next set will be prorated. Discount Tire will allow you (they do me anyway) to change brands of tires when tires don't get the mileage they are warranted to get, and still get the prorated adjustment on a new set. I've rarely seen a company that provides such excellent customer service as Discount Tire.

Last edited by bclexus; 02-28-20 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-28-20, 06:41 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

I agree. I got my Michelins from Discount Tire last time. When I realized they were rubbing, cause I upsized, they offered to switch them out, but I decided to live with it. Will continue to buy from DT for the customer service.

The Quiet track has an 80k warranty as well, but I have never had Bridgestone tires, so I am on the fence. Pirelli is the front runner.
Old 03-02-20, 07:31 AM
Discount Tire
Former Sponsor

@bclexus / @HUSKERnKS

Thank you for your support over the years! Hopefully we can continue to earn your business, should you ever need anything, or have any questions. Feel free to reach out to us here on the forums through PM.

HUSKERnKS - Regarding your tire choice, you would likely not be dissatisfied with either option(Bridgestone or Pirelli), both options are more of a touring tire than you currently have and usually will deliver a more comfortable ride. Also If you are seeing 40k a year either of those tires should net you at least a few years of usage. Plus as bclexus stated, the benefit of the mileage warranty is if you do not get the mileage the tires are warrantied for, you have a fall back and the stores can assist with a replacement under that program.
Old 03-02-20, 08:02 AM
tmac100
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Discount Tire
@bclexus / @HUSKERnKS

Thank you for your support over the years! Hopefully we can continue to earn your business, should you ever need anything, or have any questions. Feel free to reach out to us here on the forums through PM.

HUSKERnKS - Regarding your tire choice, you would likely not be dissatisfied with either option(Bridgestone or Pirelli), both options are more of a touring tire than you currently have and usually will deliver a more comfortable ride. Also If you are seeing 40k a year either of those tires should net you at least a few years of usage. Plus as bclexus stated, the benefit of the mileage warranty is if you do not get the mileage the tires are warrantied for, you have a fall back and the stores can assist with a replacement under that program.
How does your price matching/beating work? I am trying to buy tires within the next week and have found the all season Yokohama tires for cheaper out the door price.
Old 03-02-20, 08:03 AM
tmac100
Rookie

I agree. I got my Michelins from Discount Tire last time. When I realized they were rubbing, cause I upsized, they offered to switch them out, but I decided to live with it. Will continue to buy from DT for the customer service.

The Quiet track has an 80k warranty as well, but I have never had Bridgestone tires, so I am on the fence. Pirelli is the front runner.
I'm thinking of upsizing and going with yokohama all season plus tires. What size and where are you rubbing?
Old 03-02-20, 01:48 PM
Discount Tire
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tmac100
How does your price matching/beating work? I am trying to buy tires within the next week and have found the all season Yokohama tires for cheaper out the door price.
Thank you for your inquiry, PM coming your way!
Old 03-02-20, 01:54 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

@bclexus / @HUSKERnKS

I appreciate that! Thank you...
Old 03-03-20, 04:28 AM
tmac100
Rookie

Thank you for your inquiry, PM coming your way!
Thanks for the pm. I responded
Old 03-03-20, 05:24 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmac100
I'm thinking of upsizing and going with yokohama all season plus tires. What size and where are you rubbing?
I upsized to 245/40R19. They "brush" the front if the tires are turned too much. I have a picture somewhere and will post it later. I lived with it as it wasn't really noticable.

Old 03-03-20, 06:09 AM
RichKnecht
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

I upsized to 245/40R19. They "brush" the front if the tires are turned too much. I have a picture somewhere and will post it later. I lived with it as it wasn't really noticable.
Lowered or stock height. I was thinking of switching from the 235/40s to the 245/40s at stock height.
Old 03-03-20, 07:40 AM
tmac100
Rookie

Originally Posted by RichKnecht
Lowered or stock height. I was thinking of switching from the 235/40s to the 245/40s at stock height.
Right, I'm rwd. I was going to go with the popular up size of the forum on the stock wheels and height. 245/40 up front and 275/35 rear.
Old 03-03-20, 04:38 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RichKnecht
I am stock and all wheel drive.
Old 03-09-20, 04:51 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

I ended up going with the Bridgestone Turanza Quiet Track. Like them so far. Had them road force balanced today. Smooth and Quiet yet eager to steer.

Quick Reply: Wanting a smooth ride!!