New GS F-Sport owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-20, 10:38 PM
Edubbeme
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New GS F-Sport owner questions

Hi all!

I just picked up a 4th Gen F-Sport RWD last month. I have been searching online for info and answers, but haven’t had much luck. Hoping to have some things answered.

Im located in the SF Bay Area and hope to meetup with some of you guys one day. Would like to see some of the mods out there. I’m into lightly modding and keeping it as close to a stock look as possible, mostly due to the fact it’s under warranty for 7 more years.

Much Appreciated in Advance!

1) Will the 4th Gen GS-F OEM stock springs fit my car?

2a) Is there a FULL list of all model light bulbs for inside the cabin, trunk, foot or puddle lights on side view mirrors, front blinkers, rear bulbs, so I can change all of those dim bulbs to LED?

2b) If anyone has changed out all or many of these dim bulbs, what brand(s) are recommended / affordable / etc.

3) I read the front GS-F calipers will directly fit but I also heard the rear calipers will not fit, is this correct? What mods would need to be done to get them to fit? Any aftermarket adapter kit to purchase?

4) What are the recommend Carbon Fiber aftermarket parts brands? Based on quality/ fit and finish/ fitment for the price?

5) Cheapest online OEM parts company to purchase parts. Prefer no tax and free shipping. I’ve seen a few suggestions about Bell Lexus (I think on Ebay?), Discount Parts Monster, myLparts. Please offer recommendations.

6) Recommendations for exhausts that come the closest in sound to the GS-F. (I know I won’t get the exact sound since the F is an 8, but I would like to consider something other then the current stock one.

7) Any bolt on mods besides intake(I plan to keep the OEM box) and also exhaust that can provide a little more of an increase in power?

8) OEM illuminated Door Sills - I plan to buy this since my car didn’t come with it but I’ve heard mixed answers as to whether or not it’s a straight plug and play or a splice and crimp in order for it to illuminate. Can anyone provide any insight?

9) Is there an OEM or high quality aftermarket darker (black chrome or black pearl) that I can replace my chrome one? I have PSC on the car so I read that there are only certain emblems that can used?

10) Is there an OEM or high quality aftermarket black chrome or black pearl emblems kit to replace all the chrome emblems on the entire car?

Again many thanks in advance!

Last edited by Edubbeme; 03-10-20 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-11-20, 10:28 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Congrats and welcome but literally every single question you have here has already been answered and tons of forum discussion on all these topics. Just copy and paste your questions on the search box and it will get you to the correct forum to help address all your questions and go from there.
Old 03-11-20, 12:06 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Welcome and congrats on the GS! A few answers in bold text (any I haven't answered i'm not sure about...however, they have probably already been answered by more qualified folks just continue to do a deeper search on springs/exhaust/etc.)

2a) Is there a FULL list of all model light bulbs for inside the cabin, trunk, foot or puddle lights on side view mirrors, front blinkers, rear bulbs, so I can change all of those dim bulbs to LED?
-I recommend using VLEDS bulb identifier by specifying your year/make/model: https://www.vleds.com/

2b) If anyone has changed out all or many of these dim bulbs, what brand(s) are recommended / affordable / etc.
-Personally recommend VLEDS or iJDMToy.

3) I read the front GS-F calipers will directly fit but I also heard the rear calipers will not fit, is this correct? What mods would need to be done to get them to fit? Any aftermarket adapter kit to purchase?
4) What are the recommend Carbon Fiber aftermarket parts brands? Based on quality/ fit and finish/ fitment for the price?

5) Cheapest online OEM parts company to purchase parts. Prefer no tax and free shipping. I’ve seen a few suggestions about Bell Lexus (I think on Ebay?), Discount Parts Monster, myLparts. Please offer recommendations.
-SSLParts.com (superstition springs lexus), mylparts.com, Bell Lexus

6) Recommendations for exhausts that come the closest in sound to the GS-F. (I know I won’t get the exact sound since the F is an 8, but I would like to consider something other then the current stock one.
7) Any bolt on mods besides intake(I plan to keep the OEM box) and also exhaust that can provide a little more of an increase in power?

8) OEM illuminated Door Sills - I plan to buy this since my car didn’t come with it but I’ve heard mixed answers as to whether or not it’s a straight plug and play or a splice and crimp in order for it to illuminate. Can anyone provide any insight?
-Its not plug/play you will need to splice wires but very easy mod. Very helpful thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ls-option.html

9) Is there an OEM or high quality aftermarket darker (black chrome or black pearl) that I can replace my chrome one? I have PSC on the car so I read that there are only certain emblems that can used?

10) Is there an OEM or high quality aftermarket black chrome or black pearl emblems kit to replace all the chrome emblems on the entire car?
-I remember seeing some threads where folks that bought the emblems saw them peeling or fading after some time. The other option would be to plasti-dip.
Old 03-13-20, 12:06 AM
Edubbeme
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks AJ!

AJ,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions. As mentioned before I did research on the site but wasn’t able to locate the answers I was seeking, so appreciate your input here!

Have a good one!

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Welcome and congrats on the GS! A few answers in bold text (any I haven't answered i'm not sure about...however, they have probably already been answered by more qualified folks just continue to do a deeper search on springs/exhaust/etc.)

-I recommend using VLEDS bulb identifier by specifying your year/make/model: https://www.vleds.com/

-Personally recommend VLEDS or iJDMToy.

-SSLParts.com (superstition springs lexus), mylparts.com, Bell Lexus

-Its not plug/play you will need to splice wires but very easy mod. Very helpful thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ls-option.html

-I remember seeing some threads where folks that bought the emblems saw them peeling or fading after some time. The other option would be to plasti-dip.
Old 03-13-20, 12:01 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

@Edubbeme glad to help - be sure to share some pics of the new ride!
Old 03-13-20, 04:09 PM
SharpGent
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 50 Posts

First off, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

What year did you purchase? That will tell us a little more about the lip kits (carbon fiber question) you're asking for.

Also, there are three things you'll learn quickly now that you're with us:
1 - ebay is your friend. You will find a LOT of what you want on ebay, whether it's an OEM part or something aftermarket, you usually can't beat the price.
2 - Exhaust will never sound anything close to the GSF, but more importantly, you'll get a hundred different opinions on what sounds good now. Some want it stupid loud with headers, mid-pipe, and JoeZ axle-back. Others will say it sounds terrible and they prefer Flowmasters. Others will call those two idiots, and say the (insert next exhaust brand here) is the best. The argument has been going on for ages, and like any good grease fire, will continue on long after we're all dead.
3 - People are going to tell you to search. A lot. No, I mean, A LOT. Rather than answer your question, they'll tell you to use the search function. This is internet forum protocol. It's in the handbook. In fact, AJ and I may be reprimanded later for breaking the rule and actually answering your questions.

** Having said that, you probably need to learn how to use the search function. Always use advanced search. Type the keyword(s) you want, and make sure to select the 4GS forum. Then refine your keywords until you find what you're looking for. When I first started searching, I truly sucked at it. I never found what I was looking for and ended up more frustrated and confused than I was when I started. If you can search in short phrases (not just "exhaust"), you'll get better results. We're all pretty good at starting threads with revealing titles. e.g. "New Flowmasters Installed"– rather than "you gotta hear dis"

**4 – Part numbers! In many cases, if you can get the OEM part number through the forum, find it on ebay and save yourself some cash.

ANSWERS:
1 - No. GSF Springs will not fit the F-Sport. Well, they technically might fit the space, but you're better off spending the money with an approved (proven) fit like RSR, Swift, Tanabe, or coils.
2 - Already answered. AJ nailed it.

4 - Need to know your year to answer that accurately, but Lexon, NIA, Aimgain, and ebay specials are what you'll encounter most often. This will depend on your model, your budget, and your patience.
5 - Ebay is what I use for parts when I have the number or it's not integral, and I personally use lexuspartsnow.com for other hard-to-find things.

7 - Bolt-ons for more power is another endless conversation. The GS is really at its max in power now. Without headers and forced induction, most of the performance mods are either going to give you a negligible increase in horsepower, a better sound (intake) without real gains, or an increase in the "feel" of power (Apexi throttle controller). Without the big stuff (supercharger, headers, full send), you're not going to get much more than what you already have now.
8 - Answered
9 - You can get vinyl or plasti-dip to delete your chrome. I used vinyl and although it's a giant pain in the ***, it looks amazing and I love it every day.
10 - You CAN try to order black or dark emblems from ebay or other foreign sites, but many of us (myself included) used plasti-dip for the trunk emblems.

Enjoy your new ride!

Blake
Old 03-13-20, 08:42 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Edubbeme
Hi all!

Hi!

6) IMO a bimodal system would be nice.
Seriously though, check out YouTube to see whether the different systems meet your expectations, it is basically a Camry motor after all.

Also search for IS350 exhaust, same engine and will yield far more fart cannon videos as the IS is much cheaper and modded by more teenagers etc.

7) Unpopular opinion but you've bought the wrong car if you're wanting to frig around with performance mods. One guy supercharged his and IIRC doesn't recommend it, other than that the engine is almost fully optimised. Enjoy it for what it is!

Last edited by Cwang; 03-13-20 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-13-20, 09:46 PM
Edubbeme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
@Edubbeme glad to help - be sure to share some pics of the new ride!
Pics? Well to be honest it’s just bone stock. White/Red. It’s an 2018 with 4600 miles. Just had it ceramic coated and back 3 windows tinted.

Thanks again!
Old 03-13-20, 09:49 PM
Edubbeme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cwang
Hi!

6) IMO a bimodal system would be nice.
Seriously though, check out YouTube to see whether the different systems meet your expectations, it is basically a Camry motor after all.

Also search for IS350 exhaust, same engine and will yield far more fart cannon videos as the IS is much cheaper and modded by more teenagers etc.

Absolutely hear ya when it comes to personal preference for sound. I’ve been through many exhausts on my “fun” car. So this is just my DD. Just wanted to see what “notes” people preferred. Not looking for something loud as absolute hell. Not looking to turn heads. Just wanted to change up a little from stock.

7) Unpopular opinion but you've bought the wrong car if you're wanting to frig around with performance mods. One guy supercharged his and IIRC doesn't recommend it, other than that the engine is almost fully optimised. Enjoy it for what it is!
I have no real plans to mod the car much, just minor things and I want to keep as much stock as possible. It’s my daily. I have another car for modding 😉

Thanks for your input!
Old 03-13-20, 09:53 PM
Edubbeme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SharpGent
First off, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

What year did you purchase? That will tell us a little more about the lip kits (carbon fiber question) you're asking for.

Also, there are three things you'll learn quickly now that you're with us:
1 - ebay is your friend. You will find a LOT of what you want on ebay, whether it's an OEM part or something aftermarket, you usually can't beat the price.
2 - Exhaust will never sound anything close to the GSF, but more importantly, you'll get a hundred different opinions on what sounds good now. Some want it stupid loud with headers, mid-pipe, and JoeZ axle-back. Others will say it sounds terrible and they prefer Flowmasters. Others will call those two idiots, and say the (insert next exhaust brand here) is the best. The argument has been going on for ages, and like any good grease fire, will continue on long after we're all dead.
3 - People are going to tell you to search. A lot. No, I mean, A LOT. Rather than answer your question, they'll tell you to use the search function. This is internet forum protocol. It's in the handbook. In fact, AJ and I may be reprimanded later for breaking the rule and actually answering your questions.

** Having said that, you probably need to learn how to use the search function. Always use advanced search. Type the keyword(s) you want, and make sure to select the 4GS forum. Then refine your keywords until you find what you're looking for. When I first started searching, I truly sucked at it. I never found what I was looking for and ended up more frustrated and confused than I was when I started. If you can search in short phrases (not just "exhaust"), you'll get better results. We're all pretty good at starting threads with revealing titles. e.g. "New Flowmasters Installed"– rather than "you gotta hear dis"

**4 – Part numbers! In many cases, if you can get the OEM part number through the forum, find it on ebay and save yourself some cash.

ANSWERS:
1 - No. GSF Springs will not fit the F-Sport. Well, they technically might fit the space, but you're better off spending the money with an approved (proven) fit like RSR, Swift, Tanabe, or coils.
2 - Already answered. AJ nailed it.

4 - Need to know your year to answer that accurately, but Lexon, NIA, Aimgain, and ebay specials are what you'll encounter most often. This will depend on your model, your budget, and your patience.
5 - Ebay is what I use for parts when I have the number or it's not integral, and I personally use lexuspartsnow.com for other hard-to-find things.

7 - Bolt-ons for more power is another endless conversation. The GS is really at its max in power now. Without headers and forced induction, most of the performance mods are either going to give you a negligible increase in horsepower, a better sound (intake) without real gains, or an increase in the "feel" of power (Apexi throttle controller). Without the big stuff (supercharger, headers, full send), you're not going to get much more than what you already have now.
8 - Answered
9 - You can get vinyl or plasti-dip to delete your chrome. I used vinyl and although it's a giant pain in the ***, it looks amazing and I love it every day.
10 - You CAN try to order black or dark emblems from ebay or other foreign sites, but many of us (myself included) used plasti-dip for the trunk emblems.

Enjoy your new ride!

Blake
Blake,

I really appreciate your insight as well. I have a 2018. So hopefully you can provide the recommendation for the aftermarket carbon fiber options.

Btw, I wasn’t very successful when I gave the search a try many times in the past so that’s why I posted all in one. I do very much understand people rely on the search as I recommend the same on the other board. Nonetheless I’ll give it another whirl based on folks input and recommendations.

Have a good one!

Last edited by Edubbeme; 03-13-20 at 11:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SharpGent (03-14-20)