GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Joe Z exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-20, 08:39 AM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Joe Z exhaust?

Hey guys, I started the quest to modify my 2017 GS350. I’ve been searching everywhere including the forums to find someone who is selling a Joe z axleback, new or preowned, I don’t care. I plan on hooking that up with the invidia midpipe. Also if anyone can chime in on some additional reviews of it? I’ve only seen a set few on the forums and on YouTube. But maybe someone else that hasn’t said anything? Thanks!!
Old 04-14-20, 08:52 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

I have a full catback JoeZ. Not planning to sell, but what do you want to know?
Old 04-14-20, 10:30 AM
mikha619
Driver

Originally Posted by jdpdata
I have a full catback JoeZ. Not planning to sell, but what do you want to know?
aw man, i wouldnt sell either haha. Just looking for overall quality of sound, I don’t mind it being loud, but want to minimize drone , which is why I thought of hooking it up with invidia. Mainly I’m wanting it to be as loud as possible without rasp and a clean sound. What are your thoughts on the Joe z in that respect? Also if anyone has any flyby videos of it that would be awesome, the revs never do much justice.
Old 04-14-20, 11:15 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Loud, it definitely is at WOT. It's not rasp, very nice deep and mean sounding. Not anywhere close to V8 rumble, but will awaken the soul. That's my main purpose as this car is way too quiet for my taste. Unfortunately the drone is pretty bad around 2K RPM. I don't drive my car very often, so I can put up with the drone. Using Manual mode with paddle shift to avoid that 2K range also help. I don't have any videos but if you search YT I'm sure you can find a few from others. I don't think you will get rid of the drone by swapping out midpipe with invidia. Others have kept the JoeZ midpipe with stock muffler that seems to cut down on drone quite a bit. But what's the point of running stock muffler if I already spent on the full catback. Another member @mikec78 also had full JoeZ catback. Search his thread for some of his feedback and what he has done to minimize drone. I've heard good things about Borla too so do some research on that.
Old 04-14-20, 12:21 PM
mikha619
Driver

Loud, it definitely is at WOT. It's not rasp, very nice deep and mean sounding. Not anywhere close to V8 rumble, but will awaken the soul. That's my main purpose as this car is way too quiet for my taste. Unfortunately the drone is pretty bad around 2K RPM. I don't drive my car very often, so I can put up with the drone. Using Manual mode with paddle shift to avoid that 2K range also help. I don't have any videos but if you search YT I'm sure you can find a few from others. I don't think you will get rid of the drone by swapping out midpipe with invidia. Others have kept the JoeZ midpipe with stock muffler that seems to cut down on drone quite a bit. But what's the point of running stock muffler if I already spent on the full catback. Another member @mikec78 also had full JoeZ catback. Search his thread for some of his feedback and what he has done to minimize drone. I've heard good things about Borla too so do some research on that.
Yeah V8 just has a different tone to it. I dnt want my V6 to sound like a V8 because then I’ll remember I don’t have the power. Some of the members on here that Experimented with the Ividia mid pipes said that the drone was a little bit less prominent, but either way I’m sure it will sound just as good. Man I wish I had my GS when Mike was selling all of his stuff! I wouldve bought most of it! I appreciate the input
Old 04-14-20, 01:18 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Wow searching for videos show me I need to take some more lol. This is an old vid I took when I first got the cat back installed.

View this post on Instagram
The following users liked this post:
Joe Z (04-15-20)
Old 04-14-20, 01:23 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Love the throttle blip sounds it make down shifting from 4th-3rd-2nd. I do it all the times just to the annoy the neighbor He has a 700HP HellCat that he likes to rev in his driveway.
Old 04-14-20, 01:57 PM
mikha619
Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
Wow searching for videos show me I need to take some more lol. This is an old vid I took when I first got the cat back installed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/j9SKkNPE...d=4ppmk87pep52
Sounds good! What set up is this?
Old 04-14-20, 01:58 PM
mikha619
Driver

Love the throttle blip sounds it make down shifting from 4th-3rd-2nd. I do it all the times just to the annoy the neighbor He has a 700HP HellCat that he likes to rev in his driveway.

same! I love the blip also. Lol its all good, that hellcat must be way more annoying
Old 04-14-20, 08:39 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

mikha619 (04-15-20)
Old 04-15-20, 01:12 AM
mikha619
Driver

Originally Posted by Boomin
thanks for the post, i happened to see this but it sounds way more muffled than some
other vids
Boomin (04-15-20)
Old 04-15-20, 06:29 AM
AsianxWu
Driver

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Just chiming in on the drone.

I have a JoeZ axleback and res delete on my car. The drone was very apparent and annoying on some days (like after a long day, head hurts, you're tired, just want to get home...) I recently welded quad tips on so the exhaust opening ends about 1inch passed the bumper now instead of ~2 inches before the bumper. I can tell you this made a HUGE difference in the drone. It's almost non-existent now, but you can still hear the exhaust very well.
Old 04-15-20, 06:30 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

Cool, i was leaning at the time towards Apexi mid pipe for more raw grittier sound imo.
Old 04-15-20, 08:04 AM
mikha619
Driver

Originally Posted by AsianxWu
Just chiming in on the drone.

I have a JoeZ axleback and res delete on my car. The drone was very apparent and annoying on some days (like after a long day, head hurts, you're tired, just want to get home...) I recently welded quad tips on so the exhaust opening ends about 1inch passed the bumper now instead of ~2 inches before the bumper. I can tell you this made a HUGE difference in the drone. It's almost non-existent now, but you can still hear the exhaust very well.
sound clip ?
Old 04-15-20, 08:17 AM
AsianxWu
Driver

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mikha619
sound clip ?
I have some on my Instagram: @mralan.4gs

Quick Reply: Joe Z exhaust?