GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Prepaid maintenance, what's the thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-20, 07:36 PM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Which is interesting. When I bought my GS and they offered the maintenance plan to me, I declined as I just didn't feel like spending any more money that night, but after I declined I asked if I could purchase it later on and they told me it was only available at the time of the vehicle purchase. I thought that was unfortunate and didn't think much of it, but have later come to realize that they either changed their policy since, or more likely it was just a line to try to get me to buy it then.
yep, it was definitely a line just to buy on the spot. Im actually in the finance dept at our local dealer, so i would know

Originally Posted by websurfer
Does PPM cover the major service if purchased during CPO?
yes it does, it will cover whatever maintenance the book recommends at that mileage

Originally Posted by bob256k
I think it was about 1k- 1.5k no more than that. it covered the manuf maiintence schedule, the most they did was change the spark plugs, and oil, that's about it.
usually the 3yr/30k mile maintenance will be about the 1-1.5k mark. The COST on the 4 year 60k is right at 1910. 3 yr/30k cost is 890. Those are both for New. Again, if you are the type that likes to do everything by the book then maintenance is worth it. If you are a DIYer and have knowledge on maintaining a car then you can do it on your own and save money.

I paid $1.8K I think it's up to 85k miles for mines.
that was probably for the extended warranty. They don’t have an 85k maintenance plan. The highest one for a new vehicle is 5yr/60k miles
Old 05-15-20, 07:43 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mikha619
yep, it was definitely a line just to buy on the spot. Im actually in the finance dept at our local dealer, so i would know

yes it does, it will cover whatever maintenance the book recommends at that mileage

usually the 3yr/30k mile maintenance will be about the 1-1.5k mark. The COST on the 4 year 60k is right at 1910. 3 yr/30k cost is 890. Those are both for New. Again, if you are the type that likes to do everything by the book then maintenance is worth it. If you are a DIYer and have knowledge on maintaining a car then you can do it on your own and save money.

that was probably for the extended warranty. They don’t have an 85k maintenance plan. The highest one for a new vehicle is 5yr/60k miles
It's PPM. Mines is a CPO vehicle and I purchased close to 36K miles. It kicks in after CPO ends in 3 years.
Old 05-15-20, 07:59 PM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

It's PPM. Mines is a CPO vehicle and I purchased close to 36K miles. It kicks in after CPO ends in 3 years.
ah, gotcha. So you would’ve got 56K miles of maintenance with CPO and then you must’ve purchased an additional 3yr/ 30K because that’s the most you can add on top. Making it about 86K miles.
The following users liked this post:
websurfer (05-15-20)
Old 05-15-20, 09:28 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mikha619
ah, gotcha. So you would’ve got 56K miles of maintenance with CPO and then you must’ve purchased an additional 3yr/ 30K because that’s the most you can add on top. Making it about 86K miles.
yep. Exactly right.