GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Fog Light Kit for 2013-2015 Lexus GS350

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-20, 07:00 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

@NashM please post pics/ write a review, don’t leave us hanging. Did you install them yet?
The following users liked this post:
bob256k (07-12-20)
Old 07-12-20, 02:29 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes, please do! I am going to get this done once I work past the cost with the CFO( wife) 😂

unfortunately since I have a F-Sport I need the whole kit and caboodle to add foglights.
Old 07-13-20, 08:38 AM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I partially installed the Diode Dynamic SS3 Yellow Sports Pods this weekend. I haven't wired them up yet, but I did place them into the bumper. It was way too hot in the garage to continue!

The fog light bezel does not abut the back of the F-sport bumper bezel, so there is a bit of a gap between the bumper bezel and the bezel of the DD SS3 pod. I'm not sure if that'll be a problem with moisture from rain or not, but I suppose I'll hopefully find out.

Once the weather cools down a little, I'll try wiring them up, and I'll give a more complete review of them.
Old 07-13-20, 11:53 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Neophyte2b
I partially installed the Diode Dynamic SS3 Yellow Sports Pods this weekend. I haven't wired them up yet, but I did place them into the bumper. It was way too hot in the garage to continue!

The fog light bezel does not abut the back of the F-sport bumper bezel, so there is a bit of a gap between the bumper bezel and the bezel of the DD SS3 pod. I'm not sure if that'll be a problem with moisture from rain or not, but I suppose I'll hopefully find out.

Once the weather cools down a little, I'll try wiring them up, and I'll give a more complete review of them.
The small gap shouldn't be an issue because the SS3 Pod itself is completely weatherproof. Typically, we design them with this gap to allow for some adjustment and air-flow. Just to clear things up, our Pro Driving optic shines at 66,500 cd. I'll see if I can source some customer output shots from the GS to post up for you guys.

-Collin.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diode Dynamics:
bob256k (07-13-20), Neophyte2b (07-13-20)
Old 07-13-20, 02:06 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Thanks.

Just to clarify, I'm using the Fog Sport Pods.
Diode Dynamics (07-14-20)
Old 07-13-20, 02:15 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks.

Just to clarify, I'm using the Fog Sport Pods.
The oem fogs also don't touch the bumper, there is supposed to be a gap otherwise it would probably melt the plastic bumper shroud because they get very hot.
The following 2 users liked this post by peasodos:
Diode Dynamics (07-14-20), Neophyte2b (07-13-20)
Old 07-25-20, 10:48 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Finally finished installing the fog lights. Here are some pictures:

Without Fog Lights

With Fog Lights

Diode Dynamics (07-27-20)
Old 07-25-20, 10:50 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 204 Posts

Bruh.

Thanks those things just sold themselves!!

My next mod
Old 07-26-20, 03:39 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Wow results speak for themselves. Now I wonder what pro does, light up the tree tops and roof of all those houses?

Did you have to keep taking them out to adjust the beam up/down or did you just have it point slightly downwards from level position?

I wonder if @Diode Dynamics has an optimal angle these should be pointed without blinding oncoming traffic, so you can set it with a protractor before the install.
Old 07-26-20, 04:44 AM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by peasodos
Wow results speak for themselves. Now I wonder what pro does, light up the tree tops and roof of all those houses?

Did you have to keep taking them out to adjust the beam up/down or did you just have it point slightly downwards from level position?

I wonder if @Diode Dynamics has an optimal angle these should be pointed without blinding oncoming traffic, so you can set it with a protractor before the install.
I like your protractor idea. That would make setting up the angle of the fog lights more exact. I did need to adjust them once after I had installed them. However, I adjusted them while they were installed on the car. They're still not at an equal angle relative to one another, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to try to make them equal. I'm very happy with the light output and they way that they look. I think that the color looks even better in person.
Old 07-26-20, 04:47 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I like your protractor idea. That would make setting up the angle of the fog lights more exact. I did need to adjust them a few times. However, I adjusted them while they were installed on the car. They're still not at an equal angle relative to one another, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to try to make them equal. I'm very happy with the light output and they way that they look. I think that the color looks even better in person.
If you decide to even them out some other time, just measure with a protractor, and post a pic for the rest of us
If you measure one side. you can easily set the angle on the other side, but both would have to come out again.
Neophyte2b (07-26-20)
Old 07-26-20, 04:49 AM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bob256k
Bruh.

Thanks those things just sold themselves!!

My next mod
I think that you're really going to like them. I couldn't believe the difference between "no fog" vs. "with fog".

I have an F-sport also. To save a few bucks you can go to Home Depot and purchase M5 screws rather than paying for the OEM fog light screws. There is an appreciable price difference.
Old 09-19-20, 10:31 PM
NashM
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sorry for the Delay

Ive been super busy finishing my bachelors degree, I apologize for the Delay.

List of products used on install

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fog-Light-S....c100752.m1982

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-le...15-lexus-gs350.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/foglig...iring-kit.html

M5 screw (homedepot)

I used this link as my guide one of the most detailed and helpful for locating key areas (in my opinion)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...2zO2kYTCWZUn8w

My differences from the above install, I used the passenger side harness bulkhead to pass my signal wire Through the grommet to cabin. Also screwed my fogs from inside the bumper so you cannot remove the bezel and access the screw head to the fogs from frontal view only if your behind the bumper with wheel well liners off ( In my opinion it makes it harder for potential future thieves).

Thank You Peasodos I Preadjusted the brackets before install by eye. It worked out in my favor.

Old 09-19-20, 10:36 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NashM
Ive been super busy finishing my bachelors degree, I apologize for the Delay.

List of products used on install

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fog-Light-S....c100752.m1982

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-le...15-lexus-gs350.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/foglig...iring-kit.html

M5 screw (homedepot)

I used this link as my guide one of the most detailed and helpful for locating key areas (in my opinion)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...2zO2kYTCWZUn8w

My differences from the above install, I used the passenger side harness bulkhead to pass my signal wire Through the grommet to cabin. Also screwed my fogs from inside the bumper so you cannot remove the bezel and access the screw head to the fogs from frontal view only if your behind the bumper with wheel well liners off ( In my opinion it makes it harder for potential future thieves).

Thank You Peasodos I Preadjusted the brackets before install by eye. It worked out in my favor.
Geez man looks like you have some laser beams for fogs. I want that except in yellow What version of the fogs did you get?
Old 09-19-20, 10:38 PM
NashM
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White SAE/DOT Driving PRO

Quick Reply: Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Fog Light Kit for 2013-2015 Lexus GS350