GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

A Stupid but Serious Question......

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-20, 08:46 AM
lexluga901
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default A Stupid but Serious Question......

I have the liquid platinum color GS. Has anyone experienced unusual amounts of bird droppings with this color or any other color. I'm being serious when I ask. There are no trees around, but I'm picking up an unusual amount of bird shiat that my previous car did not in the exact same spot. I'm wondering if there is something about the color that attract birds. My wife seems to think the color mimics water or something. Mods feel free todto if this post crosses the line.

Last edited by lexluga901; 06-04-20 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-04-20, 08:51 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

Birds will hang out on mirrors and look at other birds (themselves, lol) in the windows. During this, it's common for them to dump all over the doors. Is that where you're getting dropped on? I also think it's a seasonal thing, so you may just be noticing it way more now rather than next month or so.

Dark interiors and window tint can create a more mirror effect on the windows, which can attract more birds.
Old 06-04-20, 09:00 AM
lexluga901
Driver School Candidate

Birds are droppings at various parts of the body and roof. Ironically, the mirrors or just below is not the the place where droppings are being left. I'm constantly having to check before I drive off each time. My wife finds it funny, but I don't. I keep a premixed solution and towel in the trunk. That's how bad it is. Strange for sure.
Old 06-04-20, 09:34 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

Yes, silver cars always get pooped a lot. My previous cars were all silver and always found bird poop every time I walk outside and same thing happened to all the silver cars that were parked next to mine. The white GS I have now not so much but still get some on a really bad day.

Silver cars = Toilets for birds

Always get them off ASAP and apply some wax on the paint so they don't etch ur paint.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 06-04-20 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-04-20, 09:39 AM
lexluga901
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Yes, silver cars always get pooped a lot. My previous cars were all silver and always found bird poop every time I walk outside and same thing happened to all the silver cars that were parked next to mine. The white GS I have now not so much but still get some on a really bad day.

Always get them off ASAP and apply some wax on the paint so they don't etch ur paint.
Yes. I keep a pre-mixed solution along with wax to apply. I learned my lesson on that about 20 years ago.
Old 06-04-20, 10:33 AM
websurfer
Racer

Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

I had both silver and white cars, I found it's fairly the same amount of bird poop. It really depends where you park mostly. Parking under a nice tree sometimes yields more bird poop.

Always clean the bird poop asap given it can eat the paint.
Old 06-04-20, 01:04 PM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

I am serious, that this was the funniest post I have read in a while. It actually made me chuckle. I have the Platinum color as well. Haven't noticed unusual levels of bird waste products on it, but now you are going to make me paranoid. So the other not so serious question, why would birds want to relieve themselves in water more than over land? I would think they really wouldn't care. Or are you saying the birds walk around on our silver cars more, then I am going to put a scarecrow on the roof of the car.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (06-04-20)
Old 06-04-20, 01:19 PM
lexluga901
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hues10
I am serious, that this was the funniest post I have read in a while. It actually made me chuckle. I have the Platinum color as well. Haven't noticed unusual levels of bird waste products on it, but now you are going to make me paranoid. So the other not so serious question, why would birds want to relieve themselves in water more than over land? I would think they really wouldn't care. Or are you saying the birds walk around on our silver cars more, then I am going to put a scarecrow on the roof of the car.
Lmmfao. I know it's stupid, but I had to ask. Literally every day I'm finding myself inspecting before I drive off. Don't know why they target my car as much as they do, but it's true. Lol
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (06-04-20)
Old 06-04-20, 02:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I'm telling y'all, silver cars...
Old 06-04-20, 04:33 PM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts

I'm really not sure if it's the car color as oppose to your specific car. Many years ago, my Red Prius kept getting crap on by birds. I too, thought it had something to do with the color. It continued for a while, every where I go, but after a streak of encounters over months, it suddenly stopped.

I'm starting to wonder if birds could have behaviors like dogs. Perhaps they "mark" their territory. I don't know. We probably have to find a Bird Behavior expert to get someone credible to answer this question.

In the mean time, you can always use liquid spray wax on your car each time after you wash your car. It goes on quick and provides a good layer of protection on top of what you may already have. The advantage is that your paint will always be nice and smooth and you'll be able to remove almost all bird droppings easily. Typically, I just put a napkin on top of the bird poop, poor some water on the napkin, let it soak for 30-seconds, then just carefully wipe and remove.

Old 06-04-20, 07:14 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 579 Posts

I read through this thread and 10 replies later I'm still giggling... lol. Now I'm gonna be paranoid and be looking at cars next to mine whenever a bird poops on my Liq Plat. However... I did drive my daughter's silver Civic to work just one day a couple of weeks ago, and it DID get pooped on... so maybe there's something to this silver car and bird poop relation... still giggling.. lol.
Old 06-04-20, 07:18 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

You must have pissed off the wrong bird. I also have liquid platinum and no different from my last car that was white. Usually if I get a dropping it’s because I parked under a tree nothing unusual. I avoid parking under trees sap, acorns, random debris, birds, etc.
Old 06-04-20, 07:56 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Did BC ever come back? He can probably give us a better answer since he has silver too.
Old 06-04-20, 08:46 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Did BC ever come back? He can probably give us a better answer since he has silver too.
I think he left us for good or something else happened to him, idk.
Old 06-04-20, 11:04 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 271 Likes on 206 Posts

I have an atomic silver GS and I concur, birds love to poop on my car . Gold colored Honda rarely gets pooped on and i drive and park the Honda under the same trees at work..

Quick Reply: A Stupid but Serious Question......