GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Atomic Silver vs Super White paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-20 | 05:59 AM
websurfer
Racer

Default Atomic Silver vs Super White paint

Both Atomic Silver and Ultra White exterior paints are excellent color choices.

Which color would last longer?

Atomic Silver:
Not as bright as the Ultra White, Special look.
Not sure it hides scratches as well as Super White and it's a little warmer color

Ultra White:
Hides scratches easier and cooler temp color.
Safest color for vehicles.
I see more Super White cars for GS350s

What's your thoughts?

Corrected: Super White to Ultra White.

Last edited by websurfer; 06-06-20 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-06-20 | 09:03 AM
signdetres
Racer

We have both. I believe you mean Ultra White though as opposed to Super White.

I'm sure both colors are likely to last for a very long time. If you really want to get technical, I'd give the edge to Atomic Silver based solely on the fact that there are more layers of paint, but again, just an assumption. With that said, Atomic Silver is a 5-stage paint, a true rarity in the automotive industry these days, especially at this price point. I believe Ultra White is your standard pearlescent paint finish with 3-stages.

If I could only choose one, hands down it would be Atomic Silver. 2 and a half years later, it's still exciting to look at the Atomic Silver GS because it's always a different color. It changes on so many factors like lighting source, the angle of the lighting, where the light is coming from, what angle you're looking at it from, etc. Sometimes it takes on a mirror-like finish, sometimes a holographic/chrome-like finish, sometimes half the car is bright bright silver while the other half is nearly black, etc. I could go on and on at all the things Atomic Silver does. It plays with lighting like no other color I've experienced before and has such a wide range of colors and depth to it. It's truly like no other.

Ultra White kind of always just looks like the same shade of white. I have had a number of white cars and have enjoyed them. One was a white Ford Mustang (standard white paint, no metallic flakes) and one was a white Ford Fusion in their White Platinum Metallic tri-coat. I have to say, I enjoyed the White Platinum tri-coat a bit more than Ultra White from Lexus.

The White Platinum Tri-Coat was nice because it was very white but not so white that it hides a lot of the body lines and in the sun, it turned into this very sparkly and very matte looking pearl white paint. It was awesome.

With Ultra White, it's a little too white to the point where it hides most of the body lines, making the GS look a bit more dull and dated, whereas in Atomic Silver, every single line and detail of the GS' bodywork shines through. It's also very easy to tell when the Ultra White car is dirty. It looks filthy. Atomic Silver never looks dirty, ever, even when it's extremely dirty.
The following users liked this post:
websurfer (06-06-20)
Old 06-06-20 | 09:51 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by signdetres
We have both. I believe you mean Ultra White though as opposed to Super White.

I'm sure both colors are likely to last for a very long time. If you really want to get technical, I'd give the edge to Atomic Silver based solely on the fact that there are more layers of paint, but again, just an assumption. With that said, Atomic Silver is a 5-stage paint, a true rarity in the automotive industry these days, especially at this price point. I believe Ultra White is your standard pearlescent paint finish with 3-stages.

If I could only choose one, hands down it would be Atomic Silver. 2 and a half years later, it's still exciting to look at the Atomic Silver GS because it's always a different color. It changes on so many factors like lighting source, the angle of the lighting, where the light is coming from, what angle you're looking at it from, etc. Sometimes it takes on a mirror-like finish, sometimes a holographic/chrome-like finish, sometimes half the car is bright bright silver while the other half is nearly black, etc. I could go on and on at all the things Atomic Silver does. It plays with lighting like no other color I've experienced before and has such a wide range of colors and depth to it. It's truly like no other.

Ultra White kind of always just looks like the same shade of white. I have had a number of white cars and have enjoyed them. One was a white Ford Mustang (standard white paint, no metallic flakes) and one was a white Ford Fusion in their White Platinum Metallic tri-coat. I have to say, I enjoyed the White Platinum tri-coat a bit more than Ultra White from Lexus.

The White Platinum Tri-Coat was nice because it was very white but not so white that it hides a lot of the body lines and in the sun, it turned into this very sparkly and very matte looking pearl white paint. It was awesome.

With Ultra White, it's a little too white to the point where it hides most of the body lines, making the GS look a bit more dull and dated, whereas in Atomic Silver, every single line and detail of the GS' bodywork shines through. It's also very easy to tell when the Ultra White car is dirty. It looks filthy. Atomic Silver never looks dirty, ever, even when it's extremely dirty.
Thanks for sharing. I'm so happy I've posted this question. I'm trying to decide which one to choose.
Old 06-06-20 | 01:03 PM
Nalod
Advanced

I don’t have either. I. Have Mica. No doubt Atomic. My wife has White Audi. Its what she wanted. Its a really nice pearl with near blue tones than cream. Not all white is just white.
Atomic was my first choice. White was never in consideration. I’d have even gone with Red if Atomic.
Old 06-06-20 | 01:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Any color will last as long as any other color. Atomic Silver is very good at hiding dirt and scratches.
Old 06-06-20 | 06:34 PM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Any color will last as long as any other color. Atomic Silver is very good at hiding dirt and scratches.
Thanks, I'll have to see again. I know Atomic Silver looks really good in photos and video.
Old 06-08-20 | 12:10 PM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

My vote goes to ULTRA WHITE (F sport model and GSF exclusive) and it has that metallic paint under sun light.

IMO ULTRA WHITE is like brightest white so it kinda differentiate regular white colors from other vehicles on the road
The following 2 users liked this post by LSSAH:
NX200 (07-11-21), superboy74 (06-08-20)
Old 06-08-20 | 12:14 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

I have an eminent white 4GS. While it may hide scratches well it is very hard to keep clean and shows ever stain, smudge, spot of dirt, grime etc.

4GS’s are rare around here regardless, but even in MA where they are more common I see more black and blue than I do atomic silver, which I in turn see more of than eminent white.

I love how eminent white looks in the sun. That plus a flaxen brown interior is breathtaking. I get tons of compliments on the combo.

Mine:

LexusGSboy (09-24-20)
Old 06-09-20 | 07:06 AM
RichKnecht
Pit Crew

When I was looking for my GS, I wanted Ultra White or Atomic Silver. I opted for Atomic Silver and don't regret it one bit. The color looks good when dirty, but looks amazing when all waxed up.
Old 06-12-20 | 10:54 AM
websurfer
Racer

I looked at both at my local dealership and went with the Ultra White with Red interior. Very nice inside and out as well.

chinee (06-12-20)
Old 06-12-20 | 11:02 AM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

Great choice! Congrats on your new GS350 F sport
websurfer (06-12-20)
Old 06-12-20 | 11:07 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by LSSAH
Great choice! Congrats on your new GS350 F sport
Thank you.
Old 06-12-20 | 11:20 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Congrats websurfer! Great choice!
websurfer (06-12-20)
Old 06-12-20 | 11:28 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by JDR76
Congrats websurfer! Great choice!
Thank you. I have been trying to decided between Atomic Silver vs Ultra White for 2 weeks. It's really tough decision but I never go wrong with Ultra White I know. I really love the red interior, it's so much better in real life than in pictures.

I purchased yesterday (6/11) and took advantage of 0% for 5 years and 90 days deferred payment. I felt I got a good deal overall.

I rather use that cash for investments than locking it up to get that $3,000 cash rebate.

Last edited by websurfer; 06-12-20 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-12-20 | 01:40 PM
txcoupe
Pit Crew

Rioja Red

Quick Reply: Atomic Silver vs Super White paint