Concerns 2017 gs350 fsport

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-20, 02:45 PM
Shay575
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concerns 2017 gs350 fsport

Hello this is my first post here as I’m new to this forum
I just recently purchased a CPO 2017 Gs350(caviar/rioja)
i bought the car with 32k miles
and I have a couple concerns and was wondering if anyone else had the same issues
for starters
my car has the slightest squeal when it’s going under 30mph and usually when I press the brakes it goes away and then it makes a louder squeal as it comes down speed
it’s not squeak but more a creek
also it is was noted my water pump and gasket assembly was replaced by the selling dealership with the 30k service they performed
it had a coolant leak apparently
but my ac doesn’t blow ice cold unless it’s moving
Additionally my backseat leather have this glisten to them in the little pores it almost looks like glitter or glass in the little holes on the leather

then with all this concern I was having
I looked up the vin on the Lexus maintenance look-up
it shows a few things which raises more concern
at
5k miles the entire front and back seats were all taken out to fix a rattle noise with the sunroof
then at 15k it stated this
“ ~GUEST STATES THAT THE VEHICLE MAKES A CLICKING NOISE FROM THE FRONT WHEELS WHEN TURNING ~|~FOUND ROTORS AND HUBS BINDING”
then at 20k the owner took it back cause the ac had a bad smell
and I’m experience the same the first 30 seconds my air starts recirculating

maybe I’m paranoid but I also have an appointment with the selling dealer to have a couple of my concerns looked at Next week
Old 06-23-20, 02:53 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Shay575
Additionally my backseat leather have this glisten to them in the little pores it almost looks like glitter or glass in the little holes on the leather
Out of everything on your list, this one is normal lol. When new, all 4 seats have glittery/sparkly material inside the perforations that glisten in certain lighting. I think over time the little holes in the seats eventually fill up with dirt/grime/dust and diminish the sparkly effect. The backseats on your car were probably used very little and still have the effect.
The following users liked this post:
Shay575 (06-23-20)
Old 06-23-20, 03:34 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

Could the leather be vacuum to get those glitter or glass out?

Brake squeal is normal. A/C should be looked at for sure.

All mechanical items should be brought to the selling dealer first. When I purchased my CPO before, the other dealers suggested talk to the selling dealer first before their place.

Still if not fixed, discuss with the selling dealer's General Sales Manager to address the issue.

Last resort is to call the Lexus Corp number to file a complain.

Last edited by websurfer; 06-23-20 at 08:11 PM.
Shay575 (06-23-20)
Old 06-23-20, 03:54 PM
USBGS3
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

CPO isn't what it used to be. Sorry you're having these issues.
The following 2 users liked this post by USBGS3:
Shay575 (06-23-20), websurfer (06-23-20)
Old 06-23-20, 04:05 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

So true, I encountered a number of CPO that shouldn't be CPO vehicles at all.
Shay575 (06-23-20)
Old 06-23-20, 06:10 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,157 Likes on 854 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase! Your car is still under the original FULL bumper to bumper warranty until 2021 so any issues you have, bring to the dealer to address for free under the original 4yr/50k warranty. If your selling dealership isn't helpful, you can go to any other Lexus dealership who may be more helpful.
  • Brake squeal is a tough one which you may have to live with depending on your tolerance for addressing it or trying different things. So many threads on F-Sport brake squeal on the 4GS forum. If you have a RWD F-Sport, some folks had success with changing out the OEM front rotors to a once piece vs the original two piece rotors. Keep in mind that many people do NOT have success and have to live with some clicking, squeaking or squealing noises.
  • Have the dealership take a look at the A/C once again. Sit with a technician or if they have another GS or comparable Lexus sedan (e.g. ES350 or IS350) ask them to test the A/C in those cars to compare. My '13 has never had an A/C problem and its approaching 9yrs old.
Sounds like everything else you mentioned was addressed (which is good!). The GS is a reliable car but there are so many factors that come into play for long term reliability, especially how well the owner treated it, proper servicing, care etc. In my experience, CPO is tough because our expectations are higher since we are paying top $$..its hard to find a non CPO from a reputable dealer so that makes the CPO vs non CPO question a tougher call. Get the A/C issue addressed and everything else will eventually get figured out as well.
Shay575 (06-23-20)
Old 06-23-20, 06:57 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

I just recently purchased a CPO 2017 Gs350(caviar/rioja)
i bought the car with 32k miles
and I have a couple concerns and was wondering if anyone else had the same issues
for starters
my car has the slightest squeal when it’s going under 30mph and usually when I press the brakes it goes away and then it makes a louder squeal as it comes down speed
it’s not squeak but more a creek
Could be your pads are low and the feelers (low wear indicators) are touching the disc (normal) making a squeal/creak sound.
also it is was noted my water pump and gasket assembly was replaced by the selling dealership with the 30k service they performed
it had a coolant leak apparently
First I heard of a coolant with the GS.
but my ac doesn’t blow ice cold unless it’s moving
That is odd. Definitely a possible warranty issue. I had my water pump replaced in my Infiniti a few years ago and the AC compressor had to be removed, hence refrigerant had to be removed and replaced. Even though the refrigerant was brought back to spec, it wasn't cooling well enough for me. Bought a bottle of refrigerant from Wally World and pumped a little more in... what a difference... that AC worked like a champ from there on.
Normal... my 18 with 16K still has sparklies on the back seat cushion.

I looked up the vin on the Lexus maintenance look-up
it shows a few things which raises more concern
at
5k miles the entire front and back seats were all taken out to fix a rattle noise with the sunroof
Sunroof seal is fairly common for a rattle, some have it some don't, an easy and inexpensive fix. There's a thread on it.
then at 15k it stated this
“ ~GUEST STATES THAT THE VEHICLE MAKES A CLICKING NOISE FROM THE FRONT WHEELS WHEN TURNING ~|~FOUND ROTORS AND HUBS BINDING”
Normal with 2 piece rotors, especially noticeable going through the drive thru lanes.It stopped after a while, or I just got accustomed to it.
then at 20k the owner took it back cause the ac had a bad smell
and I’m experience the same the first 30 seconds my air starts recirculating
Luckily I don't have that issue, but a few others have experienced this, not many, but a few... can't remember the fix. Easy to check...did you check the cabin filter? Might be dirty and causing the smell.

maybe I’m paranoid but I also have an appointment with the selling dealer to have a couple of my concerns looked at Next week
Definitely make the dealer address all those issues under warranty... the brakes probably won't apply since brakes are a wear and tear item, but everything else should be covered.
Shay575 (06-23-20)
Old 06-23-20, 08:12 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 545 Likes on 396 Posts

Little off topic but, do you know if this car has ever been in an accident? As for the sunroof rattle, a new gasket is not always the fix such as my 18 has. One member here had mentioned his sunroof hardware mounting bolts were actually loose. My tech had stated you can essentially open other rattle issues when removing a headliner which I tend to agree with. Good luck with your 17!
Shay575 (06-23-20)