GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-20, 06:29 PM
lexusGS15
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bluetooth problem

I'm having a problem with my cars bluetooth. I use the car 90% of the time and my wife uses it for the rest of the 10%. I had paired my phone to the Bluetooth much before and later my wife she paired her phone as well. The problem is, every time when we get into the car together the cars Bluetooth always connects to her phone. Even though like I said most of the time I'm using the car, And even though I may be the One who used the car the last time. She has iPhone 8 and I have an android phone. It gets really annoying because the car always connects to her phone first, BUT if she is not in the car with me the car connects to my phone automatically. I thought that the car would connect to the last connected phone, However not in my case. The only way I can connect my phone when she is with me is to ask her to either turn off the Bluetooth, Or go into the system and Manually select my phone.

Anyone of you have similar problem? Or is it anything that I have to do? I check the settings and there is no priority list for Bluetooth devices. It is just very annoying for me.
Old 07-03-20, 08:03 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,155 Likes on 852 Posts

I thought it was always based on which phone was most recently connected...unfortunately, a quick check of the owners manual shows nothing about these details. Also, this is making me wonder if the system is able to connect faster to an iPhone if there is no Bluetooth priority (i recall when my wife had an iPhone a few years back, her phone would connect first from time to time).

Could the GS have iPhone bias??
Old 07-03-20, 10:30 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 246 Posts

I found this, maybe it will help.

https://northparklexusatdominion.wor...udio%20player.You may be wondering how you set any device to have the highest automatic connection priority? Well, we have the answers for you…
  1. Press the “MENU” button on your Remote Touch Device then select “SETUP”.
  2. Select “BLUETOOTH” then “SYSTEM SETTINGS” then “PREFERRED DEVICE SETTINGS”.
  3. Select the desired/preferred device under “Preferred Phones” or “Preferred Device”- whichever one you want to select as the priority device for either (or both) the phone and audio player.
The following users liked this post:
jonathancl (07-06-20)
Old 07-05-20, 10:07 AM
lexusGS15
Driver School Candidate

Thank you very much. I checked the Bluetooth settings in my GS 2015 however the preferred Bluetooth device is not included in the setup. Likely what you showed was in a newer model. However what I did was I unpaired my phone and paired it again. Now the car connects to my phone first insert of my wife's iPhone. Interestingly in this LEXIS the car looks for the last paired device and not the last connected device, Which is honestly kind of stupid but whatever, now it works for me.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (07-06-20)
Old 07-06-20, 01:56 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusGS15
Thank you very much. I checked the Bluetooth settings in my GS 2015 however the preferred Bluetooth device is not included in the setup. Likely what you showed was in a newer model. However what I did was I unpaired my phone and paired it again. Now the car connects to my phone first insert of my wife's iPhone. Interestingly in this LEXIS the car looks for the last paired device and not the last connected device, Which is honestly kind of stupid but whatever, now it works for me.
Thanks for sharing the solution. I had experienced this in the past as well, but lucky for me - my wife doesn't keep her bluetooth always enabled on her phone.

Hope that's the long term solution!

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 07-12-20, 04:18 PM
lexusGS15
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately, The fix was short-lived. The next time when my wife Went alone and And used the Bluetooth, The Car started to connect to her IPhone just like before Even though I may be the last person who used the car. I wish Lexus would send an update and add the phone preference option.