GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

It's Here! My 2020 GS350 F-Sport Black Line Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-20 | 05:29 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
So it is home already, the car is friggin' awesome!!! Looks great, feels great and got that new car smell lmao. They cleaned up the car, all nice and washed. Didn't mess up anything, all looks good. Not the greatest wash, I will be detailing it now myself a little better but I'm happy. Bunch of people wanted to get their hands on the car supposedly. Apparently it might be one of the first, if not the first sold in the US or at least in the east coast... it would be nice! I wonder if there is a way to find out 🤔 So anyways, thanks everybody for all the kind words.

I got some quick pictures, it was getting dark already but I got a few that are ok for a cell phone cam. Sorry for the quality, will have proper pics coming up soon.

Some of the two cars together, I will miss the Ultrasonic Blue for sure. One day I'll have another one
Time to take your shutters down! Is your house by Lennar, the details looks very similar to mine.
Old 08-05-20 | 05:32 AM
DAVEB1980
Advanced

Originally Posted by BMGS
Time to take your shutters down! Is your house by Lennar, the details looks very similar to mine.
That is not his garage it is basically a stunt garage so the car looks good in the pic! A lot of forum members do that. hahaha
Old 08-05-20 | 06:19 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Lol you saw that uh? 🤣 yeah those are the only ones I put up for the storm that never really did anything here because they cracked the glass when they pressure washed the roof last time and I need to get it fixed... I'll eventually take them down later during the week, need it to stop raining to climb up there 😅 I'm not by Lennar but close by though 🤫
Old 08-05-20 | 06:34 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Lol you saw that uh? 🤣 yeah those are the only ones I put up for the storm that never really did anything here because they cracked the glass when they pressure washed the roof last time and I need to get it fixed... I'll eventually take them down later during the week, need it to stop raining to climb up there 😅 I'm not by Lennar but close by though 🤫
Yeah that's a good idea with cracked glass! I was referring to the builder, I am up in Wellington but my house looks similar and is built by Lennar. Sorry, that's the stuff I notice! I also bought my GS at Lexus of Pembroke Pines.

Welcome to the world of black cars! I wish mine was Caviar over Obsidian, which is so satisfying after a wash but when I look at it while working out in my garage in the morning, the dirt accumulation drives me crazy. Its always been a catch-22 because the more you wash it, the more likely you are to cause swirls but then it looks worse when its washed less. My compromise has been to wash 1x per month with a process that is 99.9% swirl free.
Old 08-05-20 | 08:33 AM
signdetres
Racer

Need. More. Pics.

(Especially the interior!)
Old 08-05-20 | 09:22 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Looks great! You'll love the triple LEDs!
Old 08-05-20 | 12:18 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Yeah that's a good idea with cracked glass! I was referring to the builder, I am up in Wellington but my house looks similar and is built by Lennar. Sorry, that's the stuff I notice! I also bought my GS at Lexus of Pembroke Pines.

Welcome to the world of black cars! I wish mine was Caviar over Obsidian, which is so satisfying after a wash but when I look at it while working out in my garage in the morning, the dirt accumulation drives me crazy. Its always been a catch-22 because the more you wash it, the more likely you are to cause swirls but then it looks worse when its washed less. My compromise has been to wash 1x per month with a process that is 99.9% swirl free.
Oh ok I see what you are saying, I think there's a community called Lennar somewhere around here and I thought you were talking about that lol... thanks for the welcome... but well, it's not my first black car though lol 😅 I had a 15 GS350 F-Sport in obsidian before the blue one and a couple other cars... I like black cars, like you say, they look great after a wash and it's all nice and clean... I usually just washed them with a soft washing sponge using car wash soap and always dried the car at the end. Also wasn't constantly washing it, did the washing maybe once a month like you said as well. Didn't really have problems with swirl marks or at least kept it to a minimum.

This was my 2015 GS

The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (08-05-20)
Old 08-05-20 | 12:21 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Forget about the cars, your photography is outstanding. This coming from a semi-pro wildlife photographer. I really enjoy your photos. Composition, background, focus, colors...all great
Slash300zx (08-05-20)
Old 08-05-20 | 12:22 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by signdetres
Need. More. Pics.

(Especially the interior!)
Sun came out, hope it stays out so I can get on it lol

Originally Posted by JDR76
Looks great! You'll love the triple LEDs!
Yeap, I already love them and it hasn't been a whole day yet lol... Always wished I had them on the blue one.
Old 08-05-20 | 12:34 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Forget about the cars, your photography is outstanding. This coming from a semi-pro wildlife photographer. I really enjoy your photos. Composition, background, focus, colors...all great
Thanks! Never really done anything professionally, I even thought about doing something with photography and I used to put watermarks on the pics but I never did anything else... I just like to take pics of cars. My wife gave me a Nikon D60 back in the day for my birthday I think it was and I just started taking pics... but nowadays I'm out of practice. Took the camera out the other day and I forgot half of the things I knew when setting the cam for the pics at night. I need to get back into it and maybe get a new camera, mine is prehistoric already lol
Old 08-05-20 | 12:39 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Your photos are great, it show you know how to take a good picture. Photography is not about the equipment. 99.98% all about the skills. Master the skills, any camera will do. Newer camera of course will make your photography easier.
Now lets see some interior pictures

Last edited by jdpdata; 08-05-20 at 02:04 PM.
Slash300zx (08-05-20)
Old 08-05-20 | 01:51 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Damn it, I spoke too soon... stupid South Florida weather, it's pouring now lol... but I was able to take a couple pics quickly before the rain started pouring down. Ask and ye shall receive! Here's some interior pics

One exterior first

You can't see it in the pics that well but the stitching in the seats is red as well.

It was nice and sunny when I got home and then this started moving in quickly

And just a few minutes later, had to run inside lol

The following 5 users liked this post by Slash300zx:
eddie420 (08-07-20), FSportOnly (08-05-20), jdpdata (08-05-20), signdetres (08-05-20), websurfer (08-05-20)
Old 08-05-20 | 02:19 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Sweet looking car bro. Congrats on the purchase! Love the black on black! Your older 2015 is basically my cars twin!
Slash300zx (08-05-20)
Old 08-05-20 | 07:42 PM
signdetres
Racer

Okay that interior is pretty sick... Love that last shot of the car in the pouring rain. Are any options available on the black line edition like rear wheel steering or limited slip diff? Any chance these are also included since they're finally putting the triple beams on a RWD model lol
Old 08-05-20 | 07:59 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by signdetres
Okay that interior is pretty sick... Love that last shot of the car in the pouring rain. Are any options available on the black line edition like rear wheel steering or limited slip diff? Any chance these are also included since they're finally putting the triple beams on a RWD model lol
Actually it does come with the limited slip diff which I forgot to mention. I don't think rear wheel steering is on there though, don't remember seeing that one but I'll double check.
The following 2 users liked this post by Slash300zx:
bob256k (08-06-20), signdetres (08-06-20)

Quick Reply: It's Here! My 2020 GS350 F-Sport Black Line Special Edition