Weird Driver Side Mirror Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-20, 11:12 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts
Default Weird Driver Side Mirror Behavior

This has happened twice now.....

I put the car in reverse and the mirrors move into reverse position. The drivers side mirror starts to move but doesn't stop and seems to go toward the upper right and starts clicking like I'm trying to move it too far to that corner. Put the car in park/drive and the mirror is out of position. First time I put the car in park - hit the memory button and the mirror went back into position just fine and when put in reverse seemed to work normally. No more issue - counted it as just a fluke, maybe the mirror got bumped or something?? (but doubt it - but maybe possible???? was in the driveway maybe someone is stalking the car at night? )

A few weeks later - probably somewhere around 2-3 weeks it does it again. I just keeps wanting to go to that upper corner but this time putting it in Park/Drive and doing the memory thing didn't work. Turned off the car, turned the car back on (had the reverse mirror switches both off at this point). Hit the memory button and the mirror went back into place just fine. Since then the reverse mode works as normal.

Passenger side mirror did not exhibit any issues when this happened. It's been 3 or 4 days now and it hasn't done it again.

I do tend to have the auto fold in turned on - that shouldn't make any difference.

Have others seen this?