GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2018 GS F-Sport AC Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-20 | 07:01 PM
finmsully
Driver School Candidate

Default 2018 GS F-Sport AC Issue

I just took my wife's 2018 F-Sport in for its 20,000 mile service. Everything with the car was perfect. Service done and picked up, and the A/C did not work. Turns out the Damper Servo A/C motor #6 had to be replaced. Under warranty so no problem. EXCEPT: The same thing happened 1 year ago when I took the car in for its 10,000 mile service. Again, car was in running perfectly when I took it in. When I picked it up no A/C. Last year it was Damper Servo A/C motors #1,2,3,4,6,7.

Seems that the probability of this being a random malfunction is too small to accept as the answer (what the Dealer says). Seems it must be either a error by the service person or a flaw in the parts. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
Old 08-21-20 | 07:07 PM
initial
Intermediate

It's too coincidental lol. It might be the same person doing the job and accidentally causing it. I would honestly bring it up with the dealer or techs and express your concerns/anger. When I still had my Infiniti, every time I took it in for service, my fresh box of mints would always be empty when I got the car back, and this was 4 instances lol. I told the head Tech that this was ridiculous, so my next 2 oil changes and my brake job ended up being free lol.
Old 08-21-20 | 10:10 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Geez, I feel bad for you guys with service departments like that. Taking your mints? Lol. I know it only takes one bad egg to leave an impression like that, but that’s pretty lousy. My local dealer, Lexus of North Hills, has always been very professional.

Back to the topic at hand, to me, the AC issues seem too coincidental. I would bring up your concerns with the service advisor and see what they say.
Old 08-22-20 | 12:51 PM
finmsully
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CottageChz
Geez, I feel bad for you guys with service departments like that. Taking your mints? Lol. I know it only takes one bad egg to leave an impression like that, but that’s pretty lousy. My local dealer, Lexus of North Hills, has always been very professional.

Back to the topic at hand, to me, the AC issues seem too coincidental. I would bring up your concerns with the service advisor and see what they say.
Yeah, I talked with the Service Manager and he just acted sympathetic and acknowledged it was odd. I called the Lexus national phone number, but they told me the local dealer handled all these issues. Problem if the local dealer is suspect!

Is it possible they put a reconditioned part in my car that went bad?
Old 08-22-20 | 01:02 PM
initial
Intermediate

Originally Posted by finmsully
Yeah, I talked with the Service Manager and he just acted sympathetic and acknowledged it was odd. I called the Lexus national phone number, but they told me the local dealer handled all these issues. Problem if the local dealer is suspect!

Is it possible they put a reconditioned part in my car that went bad?
Perhaps. It's up to you to really decide on that. I fully trust my Lexus dealership just because my uncle is the lead Tech there and ONLY HE works on my car. Infiniti left a bad taste in my mouth after eating my mints (no pun intended)
Old 08-22-20 | 02:54 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

How do they even break those things anyway?