GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carbon fiber steering wheel installed on the 2014 gs350 f sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-20, 12:56 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Looks great! I have DCTMS carbon steering wheel and shift ****. I chose to go with red stitching to match my start button.
Easily my most favorite mods to date. Feels great gripping the wheel every time I'm in the car.

The following 4 users liked this post by jdpdata:
chinee (09-15-20), DeeJay83 (09-16-20), DiscoJango (09-10-20), NickMayer (03-31-21)
Old 09-08-20, 02:16 PM
IN2LEXUAL
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Looks great! I have DCTMS carbon steering wheel and shift ****. I chose to go with red stitching to match my start button.
Easily my most favorite mods to date. Feels great gripping the wheel every time I'm in the car.

nice set up!

I sold my steering wheel to DCT Motorsport and the owner actually was impressed with my quality.

I updated my shift **** to the newer style and kept it oem.
Old 09-09-20, 02:18 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyBishop
You saying the guy can do a carbon wheel with heating element? That would cream my twinkie a bit
Lol yeah he made mine with the heating element as he found a way to do it, and to my knowledge hes the only one that has done. This was the main reason I went with him and that I can keep my stock steering wheel.
The following users liked this post:
NickMayer (03-31-21)
Old 09-09-20, 06:49 AM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Depends on your interior color.

For example my interior is more classy and not sport oriented at all:
Yeah that definitely looks way better with that interior.
Old 09-09-20, 03:28 PM
eddie420
Forum Moderator

Received 639 Likes on 457 Posts

The reason Elvin will do steering wheels with the heating element while the rest of the "USA-based" vendors won't do it is due to liability. Even though most of the "USA-based" vendors are in California, they still outsource the work, but are still liable if something goes up in flames. I'm sure they can add a disclaimer stating they are not responsible, but I presume they want to avoid the hassle all together. Regardless, Elvin does good work and is a nice guy.
Old 09-12-20, 01:51 PM
Ghicks99
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice. I'm waiting on mine from carbon mafia down in Miami. They do some great work and very cost effective. I went with gloss carbon and alcantara. Can't wait.
Old 09-15-20, 06:43 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 330 Likes on 208 Posts

Great looking wheel. The shape and leather is the tactile benefit. Resin is resin. The depth of carbon is a neat upgrade.
I like the luxury look with the bamboo on flaxen. I had three BMW's Msport or sport suspention/seats as an option on earthtone leather so it was a "Sport" but a GT cabin. Loved the sport upgrades but no the sport appearance on my bmw's.
Fsport interior as it does not go into boy racer territory with red stiching and the carbon highlights. Not to step on anyones toes, its just that I really like the Naguri!!!!
Generally the wood trims were very important to me. I don't like multiple surface steering wheels. Nice to look at but I like leather. Carbon is a facinating visual texture and I can see its appeal.
What sold me on the GS interior is the Naguri trim. Im totally into the Lexus thing with design (again, this is a departure from 30 years of only teutonic auto experiences) and this car is really growing on me.
I don't love how this car looks as much as it FEELS! Not sure I'd get a Naguri trim steering wheel but it would be fun! I have looked for a Naguri steel travel mug. Nothing found!
Great steering wheel and the shape is very attractive! Good luck with it and enjoy your ride!
Old 03-28-21, 08:04 PM
Zhethe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think this will fit a 2013-2015 rx350? It looks like it has the same skeleton, but I can't compare the size since I don't have a gs to see if it's the right dimensions.
Old 03-29-21, 03:40 PM
openwide
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IN2LEXUAL
Just some general feedback on my new carbon fiber steering wheel on my 2014 Lexus GS350 F Sport.

After doing much research from many vendors, I came across a reputable seller. I checked out some guy on youtube who installed one on his GSF, but his complaint was about the sharp edges on the leather part. When I received my steering wheel I was in love and did not have the sharp edge issue.

Feels and looks amazing and very comfortable with the thick grip and grip molding to wrap your fingers on the back of it. I will be posting a video on youtube when I get a chance, but here are some pics of it.

I asked for the red tape as the interior is red and goes with the theme of my car with the gray stitching which goes nicely with the gray stitching of the interior. I kept the OEM airbag and silver trim to compliment the rest of the silver trim because too much carbon fiber would be overkill IMO.

BEST MOD I have done so far!

Looks AMAZING! Can you post the link of where you bought it from? And how difficult was the install?
Old 03-29-21, 03:42 PM
IN2LEXUAL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by openwide
Looks AMAZING! Can you post the link of where you bought it from? And how difficult was the install?
look for Elvin Carbon Fiber on Facebook and I had it professionally installed at a local custom car shop.
Old 03-29-21, 04:03 PM
openwide
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IN2LEXUAL
look for Elvin Carbon Fiber on Facebook and I had it professionally installed at a local custom car shop.
How much did the wheel cost, and how much was the install? I'll prolly do it if its not too bad.
Old 03-29-21, 04:28 PM
IN2LEXUAL
Driver School Candidate

How much did the wheel cost, and how much was the install? I'll prolly do it if its not too bad.
costed roughly $1000 with the shipping and install costed $200
Old 03-31-21, 07:09 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhethe
Do you think this will fit a 2013-2015 rx350? It looks like it has the same skeleton, but I can't compare the size since I don't have a gs to see if it's the right dimensions.
Elvin posts different wheels all teh time, I'm willing to bet he can do most lexus models for the steering wheel. Some other parts he doesn't always have, but worth asking: https://www.instagram.com/elvin_6188/?hl=en

Not sure when OP bought his, but on Instagram (where I bought from elvin) I had way cheaper estimates. Sub $900 with shipping included. Absolutely worth pinging him on instagram, he is always lightening fast to respond.

https://www.instagram.com/elvin_6188/?hl=en

Old 03-31-21, 07:51 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Wow looks sooooooo sick!!!! just can't justify the price
The following users liked this post:
NickMayer (04-01-21)
Old 03-31-21, 09:16 AM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Sick steering wheel anybody know if he does alcantara style also ??

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber steering wheel installed on the 2014 gs350 f sport