GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rev9 Axleback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-20, 09:29 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Rev9 Axleback exhaust

Has anyone tried this axleback exhaust? If so, how do you like it and is there any drone?
https://shop.redline360.com/products...3-2016-cb-1003

Couldn’t find any clips of it from any 4GS owners but I found one from an IS350 and it sounds pretty good:
Old 09-08-20, 10:59 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 410 Likes on 285 Posts

sounds similar to my JoeZ, which drones for days. I'd expect the same to be honest.
Old 09-10-20, 06:17 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
sounds similar to my JoeZ, which drones for days. I'd expect the same to be honest.
damn. I would be okay with some drone because I usually listen to music on my commutes but don’t want anything excessive
Old 09-10-20, 08:16 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 410 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingmatt24
damn. I would be okay with some drone because I usually listen to music on my commutes but don’t want anything excessive
Mine is excessive but the bluetooth on volume 25+ does a good enough job of creating balance. It really sucks if you are on the highway and want to have a conversation with someone else in the car though, unless your conversation is about how awesome it sounds at WOT.
Old 09-14-20, 12:31 AM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have this exhaust on my car since last November and I personally think it's a great exhaust option for the 4GS! Loud enough to hear with no music on, but subtle enough so it's not annoying. No drone on the highways. Only "issue" was fitment and having both exhaust tips lined up exactly the same on both sides when installed right out of the box. I had an exhaust/muffler shop install mine, and they spent a little time to line everything up into place.

And if you decide to get it, you could save yourself $25 by buying through eBay. I submitted an offer to the seller of one of those listings and they accepted at $325 shipped.

Last edited by nitrotang; 09-14-20 at 12:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
thisguy_06 (09-14-20)
Old 09-14-20, 04:18 PM
lexlude
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrotang
I have this exhaust on my car since last November and I personally think it's a great exhaust option for the 4GS! Loud enough to hear with no music on, but subtle enough so it's not annoying. No drone on the highways. Only "issue" was fitment and having both exhaust tips lined up exactly the same on both sides when installed right out of the box. I had an exhaust/muffler shop install mine, and they spent a little time to line everything up into place.

And if you decide to get it, you could save yourself $25 by buying through eBay. I submitted an offer to the seller of one of those listings and they accepted at $325 shipped.
Could be the same seller I am watching too. I am still on the fence with this exhaust. I want something louder than stock
Old 10-02-20, 08:59 PM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrotang

You have a video of yours perchance? To have another YouTube data point I’ve been eyeballing this exhaust too. If it sounds good for the price, then it seems like a reasonable alternative to some of the more expensive options...
Old 06-10-21, 07:20 AM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

I ended up buying and installing one of these back in January, I guess I'll have to post a video at some point. It definitely deepens and opens up the sound of the car in a way the stock exhaust never will, without being too oppressive in normal driving. Not having had an aftermarket exhaust on any car I've owned before this one I don't really have a point of comparison for drone, but I will say that hilly roads are sort of annoying sometimes because the 8AT likes to keep the car around 2000-2300rpm where this exhaust is definitely the boomiest, but it's also not oppressive by any means. You can still have a convo with passengers in the car, can still hear your radio, etc. Level highways are no issue at all, and the sound of the exhaust very well complements the "sound generator" on the intake when you get on it hard. The only real complaint I have is the fitment on mine wasn't the best, and I self-installed so aside of moving things around a bit and messing with the clamps to get the positioning a bit better, it didn't line up as well as I would have liked. But since it's hidden behind the factory valance and it now has a few months of exhaust soot and road dirt to cover up the shine that would otherwise make it noticeable behind the valence, I don't consider that to be too big of a deal. It's an absolute improvement over stock and at 30-50% cheaper than other options it's really hard to complain.