GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Parted with the GS today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-20, 08:13 AM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Sweet new ride! Love the atomic silver and the triple beam lights.

Whatever you do for work, I wanna do it too LOL. I hope maybe someday I’d be able to comfortably afford swapping into a new car every couple years if I wanted to. Would be nice to get the 2020 GS with the options I really wanted before they end it. For now I’ll keep rocking my 2017 CPO GS
The following users liked this post:
MOB561 (10-01-20)
Old 09-20-20, 09:34 AM
Zajac1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys, from what year Gs has triple beam lights ? 2019 ?
Old 09-20-20, 09:53 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 512 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Zajac1
Hi Guys, from what year Gs has triple beam lights ? 2019 ?
Officially by the brochures '17 to '20 but there are ones in '16 that seem to have been ordered with factory triple beams - those are pretty rare.

From when I was looking triple beams also seemed to be sort of rare on '17s but definitely out there.
Old 09-20-20, 09:57 AM
Zajac1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
Officially by the brochures '17 to '20 but there are ones in '16 that seem to have been ordered with factory triple beams - those are pretty rare.

From when I was looking triple beams also seemed to be sort of rare on '17s but definitely out there.
I seen one for sale out from 2018 with triple beams that's why I asked.
Definitely I'm looking to purchase Gs in near future, but I wish to know what other futures is good to have in that car while hunting except f sport with triple beams.
MOB561 (10-10-20)
Old 09-20-20, 10:31 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

I seen one for sale out from 2018 with triple beams that's why I asked.
Definitely I'm looking to purchase Gs in near future, but I wish to know what other futures is good to have in that car while hunting except f sport with triple beams.
I think the triple beams show up more with each year the car has been out but the number of GS sold each year has also dropped as time has gone by.

In terms of features - that's a hard one and probably more of a personal thing. You also have to weigh that with what you can find. My first preference was a Lux '16-'17 but I wanted AWD. I found quite a few Lux models in RWD around the US. I saw a few Lux AWDs but they'd be the wrong color or high mileage (by my standard) or not CPO.

I wanted F Sport or Lux because of the way the drivers seat (and passenger seat on the lux) have the ability to extend the front of the seat to support your legs. Others may think the heads up display is a must have, some really want the Mark Levinson stereo.

To get an idea of what's available each year you can look at the brochures - the brochures are a good reference but not a perfect reference.

Those you can find:
https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...d-Brochure.pdf
https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...S-Brochure.pdf
https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...h-Brochure.pdf

Toward the back there will be the packages and a section that says "Individual options" - those are the ones that can be added on top of the packages (with some limitations).

MOB561 (10-10-20)
Old 09-20-20, 10:40 AM
Zajac1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
I think the triple beams show up more with each year the car has been out but the number of GS sold each year has also dropped as time has gone by.

In terms of features - that's a hard one and probably more of a personal thing. You also have to weigh that with what you can find. My first preference was a Lux '16-'17 but I wanted AWD. I found quite a few Lux models in RWD around the US. I saw a few Lux AWDs but they'd be the wrong color or high mileage (by my standard) or not CPO.

I wanted F Sport or Lux because of the way the drivers seat (and passenger seat on the lux) have the ability to extend the front of the seat to support your legs. Others may think the heads up display is a must have, some really want the Mark Levinson stereo.

To get an idea of what's available each year you can look at the brochures - the brochures are a good reference but not a perfect reference.

Those you can find:
https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...d-Brochure.pdf
https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...h-Brochure.pdf

Toward the back there will be the packages and a section that says "Individual options" - those are the ones that can be added on top of the packages (with some limitations).
Awesome ! That's what I was looking for. Definitely will take a look on that. At the moment my goal is F sport AWD with triple beams and Mark Levinson sound system.
MOB561 (10-10-20)
Old 09-20-20, 10:55 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 325 Likes on 203 Posts

Awesome ! That's what I was looking for. Definitely will take a look on that. At the moment my goal is F sport AWD with triple beams and Mark Levinson sound system.
Gets harder when you factor in color choices with declining production.
Fact was ML was 1st filter, Then color combo. Tried to find used. In NC this was not easy as AWD not numerous. Triples are visually nice to look at but not sure they perform all that better. I have illuminated sills. Waste. No power trunk. That I miss.
Old 09-20-20, 11:22 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nalod
Gets harder when you factor in color choices with declining production.
Fact was ML was 1st filter, Then color combo. Tried to find used. In NC this was not easy as AWD not numerous. Triples are visually nice to look at but not sure they perform all that better. I have illuminated sills. Waste. No power trunk. That I miss.
With you being in NJ you shouldn't have much of a problem finding an AWD F Sport. Triple beams will make it harder and triple beams with HUD will likely get really tough (if you wanted that). Heated steering wheels will be all over the place but then you'll see one with every option BUT the heated steering wheel, it can be weird. You may need to look a bit outside your area too - when I was looking I was actually looking in the NJ area some because I have friends down in Maryland so I figured I could fly, look at the car and stay with them. When I lived on the east coast I ended up doing the 2 hour trip up to the philly area for my Infiniti to get what I wanted.

As Nalod points out - different parts of the country will tend to skew certain ways - you get down into the the Carolinas and AWD gets slim. It was the same when I was looking at Cali - almost everything was RWD. The Lux I was looking for was an interesting - you sort of have to think "what kind of buyer would want this" and then "where do those buyers live" Certainly the cars move around some so that's not fool proof but for something like triple beams - that's was an expensive option so looking over in Connecticut or near Boston if you can swing that distance might be helpful. I had a theory that the GS was a car, especially the F Sport, that folks in technology fields would want so I was looking at Seattle and Bellevue since that's up around Microsoft/Amazon territory. They certainly seemed to get a lot more GSs through their doors than Tacoma did and Portland was a mix. The recent discussion about peoples jobs did seem to support my theory that a lot of tech folks have GSs but I realize the sample size is small.

Two other great places to familiarize yourself with the options are the two stickies at the top of the forum - the one about identifiying options from photos - half the dealers I swear don't know what they have. The other one I found very helpful was the stickie about "favorite discovered feature" It's a long thread but I'd read through as much as you can - there are a million little things you'll learn there.

Iff you're not sure about something on the car but can get the VIN you can look that up at Lexus at: https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive.../vehicle-specs It will tell you exactly what the car came with. It can also help if the dealer does something stupid like puts "silver" or "black" for color and you want to know if its Liquid Platinum or Atomic Silver, etc.. and can't quite tell from the photos. It'll also tell you if someone's done a mod to the car. There was a recent discussion about someone who believed they had a Lux but there was one feature missing. Turned out a previous owner had swapped out most of the interior with a Lux but the car was actually a base model so it didn't have the Sport+ mode.

If you really really really want triple beams but can't find what you want with color, etc.., I believe there is a mod to swap them out but it's not a simple plug and play if I remember correctly. They're not cheap but it's something to consider.

PS - and as Nalod also points out - there are differing opinions of what the triple beams do in terms of actual light so do some more reading on that. And I also didn't think I cared about the power trunk but that has turned out to be super helpful with my work.

Last edited by LexusGSboy; 09-20-20 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add PS
Old 09-20-20, 01:11 PM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats on the 2020 GS. Atomic Silver is a unique color.
Old 09-20-20, 01:13 PM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Haaaah!!! U got me there. lol

I'm about to do the same here. lol My white GS is nice but I do miss my Liquid Platinum!!!!
liquid platinum is a great choice.
Old 09-20-20, 01:49 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
But don't worry, I got another one!
@JDR76 looks great - Atomic Silver is one of my favorite colors on the GS. Congrats and enjoy the upgrade!
JDR76 (09-24-20)
Old 09-20-20, 04:35 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Did ya check to see if your 20 has the bag hanger in the trunk?
Originally Posted by CottageChz
Sweet new ride! Love the atomic silver and the triple beam lights.

Whatever you do for work, I wanna do it too LOL. I hope maybe someday I’d be able to comfortably afford swapping into a new car every couple years if I wanted to. Would be nice to get the 2020 GS with the options I really wanted before they end it. For now I’ll keep rocking my 2017 CPO GS
You're doing it right, my friend! I could have saved a lot of money going CPO!

Originally Posted by GibbsLexus
Congrats on the 2020 GS. Atomic Silver is a unique color.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by GibbsLexus
liquid platinum is a great choice.
I totally agree! I love Liquid Platinum.

Originally Posted by AJLex19
@JDR76 looks great - Atomic Silver is one of my favorite colors on the GS. Congrats and enjoy the upgrade!
Thanks my friend!
Old 09-20-20, 04:37 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

I'm sure they'll detail it and have pictures up soon, but they do now have my old one listed on the web site for $48k. I suspect they'll need to come down a bit, but I hope someone buys it and loves the car as much as I did.

https://www.lexusofseattle.com/inven...z1bl5ka010602/
Old 09-20-20, 04:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

And here you were saying you were going to get rid of the GS because of covid lol

Atomic Silver is the better color for that car 100%. Enjoy it!
LexusGSboy (09-20-20)
Old 09-20-20, 05:22 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by JDR76
I'm sure they'll detail it and have pictures up soon, but they do now have my old one listed on the web site for $48k. I suspect they'll need to come down a bit, but I hope someone buys it and loves the car as much as I did.

https://www.lexusofseattle.com/inven...z1bl5ka010602/
Funny...I looked yesterday and your old one wasn't up yet and they still had yours listed for sale.... I was wondering what they'd price it at. I agree...I think the price is a bit high but who knows...that was super low miles and with triple beams...

Quick Reply: Parted with the GS today...