GS350 Used Prices

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-20, 07:49 PM
Moustafa
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GS350 Used Prices

Hi Everyone,

Im currently in the market for a 2016-2017 Lexus GS350. As you might know, the market for used cars is currently high and inflated. I thought it would be helpful if users (you guys) posted the price they paid for a GS 350 if they bought it within the last year. This would serve as a data point for us people in the market for a used car.

An example of a post would be:

Lexus GS350 2016 - 35,000$ - January 2020
35k miles
Fsport/non-Fsport

Upgraded features (ML, etc.)

Thank you!
Old 09-22-20, 09:44 PM
cammyfive
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

2016 GS350 F Sport AWD w/ ML Audio, Safety Sense, Heated Steering Wheel

38k miles - purchased August 2020 for $30,000
Old 09-23-20, 12:47 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

I was looking in late December, January, and February. I bought at the end of February - like two weeks before stay at home orders went into effect and the world shut down.

In the 2+ months I was shopping, the GSs literally lasted hours on a dealers lot once they came out of detailing. The first I caught before photos were even up but I didn't realize how fast these things went. I called with some questions - dealer pushed to get the car ready - I think the car was ready late late Thursday, plan was to be there first things Saturday morning right as, or before they opened. Car sold Friday night right before closing. I lost 4 cars because I literally could not get to them in time short of Star Trek technology. Dealers here would not take a small deposit ($2000-$3000) to even hold cars you had to wire them the full amount for them to hold them, and if the car happened to sell while you were at the bank doing the wire....too bad. (that's a story for another time). Local dealer knew I was looking but I also called another dealer 2 hours south and had a chat with the sales manager.

The dealer south of town finally called that they had one coming in, they didn't know exactly when. Damn thing showed up Thursday night just as they were closing and I was getting on a plane to the east coast at 6 am then next morning. I was discussing the deal with them via email from the plane and they agreed to take a deposit to hold the car until I got back - I just needed to get them a credit card. I landed got off the plane, got to a place out of the way and called the dealer to give them my credit card. Someone had the car on a test drive so they couldn't take the card. Long store short - that deal didn't happen, the person came back the next morning to say they'd take the car but I beat them by 5 minutes. (they did ok - a 2017 GS came in the day I went down to get mine and she bought that one. That was two GS F sports gone in 4 days that never even had real photos on the website - just the stock image.

So....My GS is almost identical to cammyfive's including mileage. I think mine has two options his doesn't - the cold weather package and the power trunk. The only option missing on mine is the HUD. (Triple beams sorta weren't technically available on the GS 350 in 2016). Mine is Atomic Silver and it had a partial front PPF - probably the 3M from the dealer. Mine also already had tinted windows.

cammyfive , IMO, got a much better deal and paid quite a few thousand less than I did and my car was priced right in line with all the others at the time that were similar. I may have been able to get the price down to low mid 30s had the situation not been so crazy and I did negotiate in a set of all weather liners and originally I was going to have them do a full front PPF and got a good deal on that (ended up going a different direction though so got a refund).

I think relative to where used car prices were in April prices are up but compared to the first of the year, at least with the GS, it's close to maybe a tiny bit inflated. A couple listings seem higher than they should be - the Base GSs seem high (I was looking at F Sports and LUX) I did a quick look on Cars.com and saw one that I think was very similar to mine that was at most $1500 higher than what I paid but prices don't seem ridiculously higher compared to the first of the year. At that time, all of the F Sports I was finding similar to what cammyfive and I have were in the mid-30s' depending on options. 2017 F Sports started in the upper 30's and maybe hit low low 40s if they had triples. 2018 were mid 40's 2019 were high upper 40s and bumped into low 50s if it was an F Sport with everything with low low miles. Again - these are F Sports or Lux - I don't remember what Base were running.

Old 09-23-20, 06:06 AM
Moustafa
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
I was looking in late December, January, and February. I bought at the end of February - like two weeks before stay at home orders went into effect and the world shut down.

In the 2+ months I was shopping, the GSs literally lasted hours on a dealers lot once they came out of detailing. The first I caught before photos were even up but I didn't realize how fast these things went. I called with some questions - dealer pushed to get the car ready - I think the car was ready late late Thursday, plan was to be there first things Saturday morning right as, or before they opened. Car sold Friday night right before closing. I lost 4 cars because I literally could not get to them in time short of Star Trek technology. Dealers here would not take a small deposit ($2000-$3000) to even hold cars you had to wire them the full amount for them to hold them, and if the car happened to sell while you were at the bank doing the wire....too bad. (that's a story for another time). Local dealer knew I was looking but I also called another dealer 2 hours south and had a chat with the sales manager.

The dealer south of town finally called that they had one coming in, they didn't know exactly when. Damn thing showed up Thursday night just as they were closing and I was getting on a plane to the east coast at 6 am then next morning. I was discussing the deal with them via email from the plane and they agreed to take a deposit to hold the car until I got back - I just needed to get them a credit card. I landed got off the plane, got to a place out of the way and called the dealer to give them my credit card. Someone had the car on a test drive so they couldn't take the card. Long store short - that deal didn't happen, the person came back the next morning to say they'd take the car but I beat them by 5 minutes. (they did ok - a 2017 GS came in the day I went down to get mine and she bought that one. That was two GS F sports gone in 4 days that never even had real photos on the website - just the stock image.

So....My GS is almost identical to cammyfive's including mileage. I think mine has two options his doesn't - the cold weather package and the power trunk. The only option missing on mine is the HUD. (Triple beams sorta weren't technically available on the GS 350 in 2016). Mine is Atomic Silver and it had a partial front PPF - probably the 3M from the dealer. Mine also already had tinted windows.

cammyfive , IMO, got a much better deal and paid quite a few thousand less than I did and my car was priced right in line with all the others at the time that were similar. I may have been able to get the price down to low mid 30s had the situation not been so crazy and I did negotiate in a set of all weather liners and originally I was going to have them do a full front PPF and got a good deal on that (ended up going a different direction though so got a refund).

I think relative to where used car prices were in April prices are up but compared to the first of the year, at least with the GS, it's close to maybe a tiny bit inflated. A couple listings seem higher than they should be - the Base GSs seem high (I was looking at F Sports and LUX) I did a quick look on Cars.com and saw one that I think was very similar to mine that was at most $1500 higher than what I paid but prices don't seem ridiculously higher compared to the first of the year. At that time, all of the F Sports I was finding similar to what cammyfive and I have were in the mid-30s' depending on options. 2017 F Sports started in the upper 30's and maybe hit low low 40s if they had triples. 2018 were mid 40's 2019 were high upper 40s and bumped into low 50s if it was an F Sport with everything with low low miles. Again - these are F Sports or Lux - I don't remember what Base were running.
woah thanks for the detail response haha. Im looking at a fully loaded gs 350 f sport 2016 35k miles with ML, HUD and tripple beams for 31.5k. I was under the impression its overpriced. What do you think?
Old 09-23-20, 07:13 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

Not in the last year, but it's still a data point:

2013 GS350 awd - $25k in May 2017
72k miles
Luxury
Cold Weather, Mark Levinson, heated rear seats

So at time of purchase: Four years old Luxury awd w 72k miles was $25k.

Last edited by jonathancl; 09-23-20 at 07:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
fastcorner (07-31-23)
Old 09-23-20, 07:33 AM
kodude
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Traded my 2013 GS 350 for a 2016 GS 350 in June 2020. Was just casually looking for a GS with the Lux package and stumbled onto this one and couldn't pass it up.

2016 GS 350 AWD $32K
Luxury Package
15K miles
heated rear seats
HUD
Illuminated door sills
power trunk
Lexus Safety System with adaptive front lighting
park assist
Old 09-23-20, 07:48 AM
Euphoric
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I just bought a '16 F Sport on Friday after insurance totaled my 3rd gen due to a hit and run, loving it so far.

2016 Lexus GS350 F Sport - $33,000 - Sept 2020 in Houston
Liquid Platinum / Rioja Red
25k miles

HUD
Lexus Safety System +
Mark Levinson
Power Trunk
Intuitive Park Assist
Four Wheel Active Steering
Heated Steering Wheel

Old 09-23-20, 08:49 AM
pogi089
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I got lucky with this 18 GS, it had pretty bad curb rash which I didn't mind got that fixed.

Lexus GS350 FSport 2018 - $35,000 otd - June 2020
30k miles

Atomic Siler
Rioja Red Interior
Mark Levinson
Power Trunk
Park Assist
Heated Wheel
Illuminated Door Sills
Old 09-23-20, 08:53 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Moustafa
woah thanks for the detail response haha. Im looking at a fully loaded gs 350 f sport 2016 35k miles with ML, HUD and tripple beams for 31.5k. I was under the impression its overpriced. What do you think?
First, to find a 2016 with Triples is super rare (assuming it's not a mod - if this is the Unicorn in TX, they're real - I looked up the VIN) Triples weren't a listed option in the brochure for that year so I always thought they weren't available on that model year. Likelihood of finding another '16 with Triples I would say is pretty rare - but like i said before, there are weird waves of things that seem to pop up.

Fully loaded with those TB and HUD for $31,5 seems reasonable especially given what folks are reporting here. When I was looking maybe a 2016 Base with some options would be low 30s, and those didn't seem to be moving very fast. 2015s are where where you started seeing low 30's and into the high upper 20s.

Granted - when I was shopping in February here in the Pacific NW you really didn't have a chance to negotiate much, something like this would never have been on the lot for more than a couple days - maybe a week at best. If I had been able to negotiate I'm guessing I may have been able to get mine down to what some of these folks are reporting.

There are also slilght regional price variations - an AWD with cold weather package in Florida may not get any little bit of premium it would up north because folks looking at that car will say "those are nice but I don't "need" or really want them".

To me, it seems like 2016s have come down a little and 2017s are getting a little closer in price to where the 2016s were - its not there yet and in this crazy year who knows what will happen.

This is not a CPO right? that would add a little bit generally. It used to be (and this I don't know any more for sure) a CPO vs non-CPO of an otherwise identical car at a dealer would add about $1000. My sense is that's changed and has come down and on these cars CPO may not make as much of a price impact since in general they don't have issues.

PS - if this is pretty much the car you've been looking for, I personally wouldn't wait long before getting a deposit on it so they'll hold it if they'll do that - but again...this market is different so maybe I'm over reacting.
Old 09-23-20, 06:53 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kodude
Traded my 2013 GS 350 for a 2016 GS 350 in June 2020. Was just casually looking for a GS with the Lux package and stumbled onto this one and couldn't pass it up.

2016 GS 350 AWD $32K
Luxury Package
15K miles
heated rear seats
HUD
Illuminated door sills
power trunk
Lexus Safety System with adaptive front lighting
park assist
that’s an amazing deal if no accidents! Damn
The following users liked this post:
LexusGSboy (09-23-20)
Old 09-24-20, 06:06 AM
MBradshaw
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Bought my 2017 GS350 (29k miles) for $31k back in May 2020. Was one of the best deals I found on models that hadn't been in an accident, so I jumped all over it. Good luck!
Old 09-24-20, 10:18 AM
17GSRocks
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GS350 2017 AWD Certified Pre-owned (CPO) - $33,500 - March 2020
31k miles
non-Fsport

AWD, cold weather, heated steering wheel, park assist, premium pkg, sunshade, floor mats, rear spoiler

Last edited by 17GSRocks; 09-24-20 at 10:28 AM. Reason: following format noted by OP
Old 09-24-20, 06:50 PM
kodude
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CottageChz
that’s an amazing deal if no accidents! Damn
No accidents, clean carfax and all service at the dealer. I'm really enjoying the lux package and all of the safety features, like I said just couldn't pass it up.
Old 09-24-20, 08:49 PM
fugee
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oct 2019
2017 AWD F-Sport
CPO, triple beam, cold weather package, ML. 22k miles

I had to go out of state to get as preowned GS were hard to find/negotiate in Wa state.
Old 09-24-20, 09:54 PM
shadowx055
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

2016 GS350 F sport Ultra White black interior
Certified
30k miles
missing triple beam and HUD
February 2019 Concord, CA 34.5k before tax and fees

Quick Reply: GS350 Used Prices