A few concerns

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-20, 08:48 PM
LYTE
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A few concerns

Good day/night to all who read this.

1. Since Lexus Enform is going to be discontinued soon, has anyone been lucky getting a discount on the pricing?

2. Is there a more effective way to charge an Android phone in the car opposed to via USB in armrest? Via USB is slow for my Android phones even while using oem Samsung charger. The funny thing is everyone's Iphone charges easily. weird.

3. I'm interested in knowing the location of all the sensors in the front of the car behind the Lexus logo. Maybe there's a blueprint that highlights that?

Thank you in advance for all help.

Old 09-26-20, 01:55 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

Buy a fastcharger. Mine is a blitzwolf with the Qualcomm chip.

I have a pre-facelift but if it's like mine, tbe sensor behind the front Lexus logo is the milliwave sensor for the adaptive cruise. I'm assuming that didn't change in the facelift. I'm not aware of any other sensors behind the logo.
Old 09-26-20, 03:00 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

1. Since Lexus Enform is going to be discontinued soon, has anyone been lucky getting a discount on the pricing?
Don't know, but Enform was not a feature drawing attention to the GS and propelling sales so I doubt that it wold affect pricing.

2. Is there a more effective way to charge an Android phone in the car opposed to via USB in armrest? Via USB is slow for my Android phones even while using oem Samsung charger. The funny thing is everyone's Iphone charges easily. weird.
Via armrest USB charges the iPhone slowly as well, I use a car charger plugged into the cigarette lighter in the armrest. Use a high output charger, what is the standard now, 2.4 amps or higher?

3. I'm interested in knowing the location of all the sensors in the front of the car behind the Lexus logo. Maybe there's a blueprint that highlights that?
Don't know that either.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
LYTE (09-27-20)
Old 09-26-20, 10:17 AM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Yes, for the usb charger, you need to buy a good one with high amp rating; 4.8 amps i believe.
LYTE (09-27-20)
Old 09-26-20, 10:22 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by thisguy_06
Yes, for the usb charger, you need to buy a good one with high amp rating; 4.8 amps i believe.
Thats crazy that the original Samsung charger isn't good enough
Old 09-26-20, 10:45 AM
chinee
Racer

Originally Posted by LYTE
Thats crazy that the original Samsung charger isn't good enough
What is this original Samsung charger you keep referring to?
Old 09-26-20, 10:45 AM
LYTE
Rookie

Originally Posted by chinee
What Samsung charger do you keep referring to?
The one that comes with the phones
Old 09-26-20, 10:48 AM
chinee
Racer

The charger that comes with the phone plugs into a wall socket. We don't have 110V electrical outlets in the GS... unless there's a feature I'm unaware of...?
Old 09-26-20, 10:50 AM
LYTE
Rookie

The charger that comes with the phone plugs into a wall socket. We don't have 110V electrical outlets in the GS... unless there's a feature I'm unaware of...?

Old 09-26-20, 11:19 AM
chinee
Racer

You meant the cable that comes with the phone, not the charger. Remember this tech is from 2012, phone batteries were much smaller back then, so a low amperage output was more than adequate. Today batteries are 2 to 3 times larger and phones drain them at a faster rate, so these USB outlets cannot keep up with today's phones. I would recommend a simple car charger... this works very well for me:
Aukey Car Charger Aukey Car Charger
The following 3 users liked this post by chinee:
Im2bz2p345 (09-26-20), LYTE (09-27-20), websurfer (09-29-20)
Old 09-26-20, 11:29 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 510 Likes on 272 Posts

You meant the cable that comes with the phone, not the charger. Remember this tech is from 2012, phone batteries were much smaller back then, so a low amperage output was more than adequate. Today batteries are 2 to 3 times larger and phones drain them at a faster rate, so these USB outlets cannot keep up with today's phones. I would recommend a simple car charger... this works very well for me:
Aukey Car Charger
Totally agree with chinee on this one - I always try to use a charger such as the one he's shown above - never a USB port, even on my computer. Aukey makes pretty good stuff, my personal favorite is Anker. I also don't go with the super fancy rapid charge ones. The dual port is great - I keep mine with two cables - one out for me, one rolled up in the console for a friend if they need it. I will say, I also REALLY like Anker's cables - the slightly more expense version. The one darker gray color really blends in nicely so you hardly see it.
Old 09-26-20, 11:36 AM
chinee
Racer

Anker or Aukey... you just can't go wrong.We have Apples, Androids and a Blackberry (yes...a Blackberry) in our family and Anker/Aukey has taken very good care of us over the years.
LYTE (09-27-20)
Old 09-26-20, 07:32 PM
WNYX
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Aukey Car Charger
I have a question related to that item you posted. I have a dashcam that is powered through my cigarette socket using a similar product as the one in your reply. If it's charging my dashcam and charging my phone (through the USB slot) at the same time, will that drain my car's battery faster than normal?
Old 09-26-20, 10:12 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 510 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYX
I have a question related to that item you posted. I have a dashcam that is powered through my cigarette socket using a similar product as the one in your reply. If it's charging my dashcam and charging my phone (through the USB slot) at the same time, will that drain my car's battery faster than normal?
I'm not sure I fully understand - but in terms of draining the battery (assuming the car is not running) yes because you are using more power. In a simplistic sense, just like using two light bulbs uses more electricity at home, two devices will use more power than either one of them individually.

If the car is running, than it's my understanding that the alternator is is providing all of the electricity for vehicle as well as charging the battery so having multiple things plugged in should not be affecting the battery.

WNYX (09-27-20)
Old 09-27-20, 04:28 AM
chinee
Racer

Also, the car's battery is rated at what, 500-600 Amps? A cellphone battery is 4-5 amps... I don't think you should be worrying much. If the car's running... non issue. If you have a dashcam that is "always-on" to record when parked during the day, the power needed is so miniscule that it also should be a non issue.
WNYX (09-27-20)

Quick Reply: A few concerns