GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer Scratched My Nuluxe Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-20, 02:26 PM
MGs350
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder if this can be fixed. To be honest, not sure how it even happened. It's lighter than the rest of the seat.

With flash close up
Old 10-02-20, 02:35 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Looks similar to our CPO ES350 where it was a gel or soda baked into the seats. Maybe the dealer will use an air spray over the bad area.
Old 10-02-20, 02:47 PM
MGs350
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
Looks similar to our CPO ES350 where it was a gel or soda baked into the seats. Maybe the dealer will use an air spray over the bad area.
Hmm.. Sounds about right. Wonder what they will charge. May be better off just leaving it alone. Thought I could do it myself..
Old 10-02-20, 02:54 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

We left it alone. Seats covers can always be replaced sometime later but I'm not spending the $$$ until it's ready for it. Btw, the Lexus dealer tried a number of cleaning solution and can't get it off.
Old 10-02-20, 04:52 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by MGs350
I wonder if this can be fixed. To be honest, not sure how it even happened. It's lighter than the rest of the seat.

With flash close up
take it to a leather repair shop not the dealer, they just contract outside shop and up charge for this.
Old 10-02-20, 07:20 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Hand sanitizer...!
Old 10-02-20, 11:50 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

Hmmm. I’m a bit more worried about you than the leather.

Unless you don’t drive the car, it’s going to get marks and scratches.

The following users liked this post:
Savjam (10-03-20)
Old 10-03-20, 03:33 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Hmmm. I’m a bit more worried about you than the leather.

Unless you don’t drive the car, it’s going to get marks and scratches.
Best thing I did was become proficient on fixing, restoring or replacing those parts with wear marks or scratches so that I can take control of them and not rely on others. I also stay away from shops or dealers unless absolutely necessary. I am under warranty but replaced a part under a TSB yesterday on my dollar just to stay away from the dealer.

It's always important to thoroughly examine the car ahead of buying (I take detailed notes) then walk away with the best price. I always find extra imperfections after I bring the car home but I remember how much I saved over new and that keeps me happy. In the past year I have literally saved 50k over new for cars that are just like new. As a cash buyer, that's more than enought to keep a smile on my face if I need to fix a few blemishes here and there.

I also recommend having a baby, that will give a whole new world of things to stress about and you will quickly forget about little blemishes on the car.

Last edited by BMGS; 10-03-20 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-04-20, 07:30 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 314 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Best thing I did was become proficient on fixing, restoring or replacing those parts with wear marks or scratches so that I can take control of them and not rely on others. I also stay away from shops or dealers unless absolutely necessary. I am under warranty but replaced a part under a TSB yesterday on my dollar just to stay away from the dealer.

It's always important to thoroughly examine the car ahead of buying (I take detailed notes) then walk away with the best price. I always find extra imperfections after I bring the car home but I remember how much I saved over new and that keeps me happy. In the past year I have literally saved 50k over new for cars that are just like new. As a cash buyer, that's more than enought to keep a smile on my face if I need to fix a few blemishes here and there.

I also recommend having a baby, that will give a whole new world of things to stress about and you will quickly forget about little blemishes on the car.
Good advice. If you obsess over a car that means your not paying attention to other things.
Door panel scratch’s? Maybe dealer used a protectant on it as a temporary fix. Wipe some **** on it and then do it again a few weeks.
Kids will ruin nice things. They they grow up and you can start again. Then worry about grand kids ruining the new stuff. Great problems actually!!!
Old 10-04-20, 10:08 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Looks like that seat has already been "repaired" once. They did a horrible job.
Old 10-04-20, 11:30 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 510 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYX
I was afraid I was going to get a reply like this eventually. I already know I need help.
We all have our little idiosyncrasies. I can be the same way with books and blu-rays and a few other things. As a kid I was always taught to take of my things and keep things looking nice. While I would love to keep the car in perfect pristine condition the reality is that if I want it to be perfect I have to buy it new and never drive it. Other folks have talked about replacing/fixing things that seem a bit much for what I would do but to some extent I get it. For me it comes down to not wanting to get bummed or upset when the car gets its first ding - especially by something I did.

I do think that often when we test drive and look at used cars there may be imperfections we don't see and over time they start to come out. Some of that may be things the dealer does in "detailing" to make them less noticeable right at that moment, others may just be our brain letting us see/not see things because of how we feel that day.

My guess is that technically that can't be fixed - it needs to be replaced. If it bothers you that much buy a new trim piece (or find a good used one) and put it on. I know there's at least one person on here who can tell us how that piece comes off and goes back on....and there are probably a few.
Old 10-04-20, 12:14 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

As a general observation it’s interesting how people take more car of their cars than their health.

I detailed my car more frequently than going to the dental hygienist for a clean. And that’s not right!
The following users liked this post:
MGs350 (10-04-20)
Old 10-04-20, 02:08 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

I tend to be picky and always careful when getting in/out of a car. I always wear Levi's in the cooler months and I think the seams are hard on the leather. I have a red beach towel that I keep on the base of the seat to reduce wear and tear. This is my seat after 10k miles.
Old 10-05-20, 06:32 AM
eddie420

Received 629 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
This is my seat after 10k miles.
Come back to us when you've put on 50K, 10K isn't breaking the seat in. :P
Old 10-05-20, 07:08 AM
WNYX
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I think some people are forgetting that the leather scratch happened by the dealership when I had it in for service. I'm not demanding they repair my seats for wrinkles and scratches that I put in myself. As I wrote in an earlier post, the other scratches and rips have been documented with pictures and text messages between the sales rep and I while I was at the dealership (I wanted to make sure there was a paper trail). Also, I told the sale rep about the scratch in the Naguri Aluminum trim after the test drive, which is why they agreed to do something about it in the first place.

Quick Reply: Dealer Scratched My Nuluxe Seats