GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer Scratched My Nuluxe Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-20, 09:56 AM
WNYX
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Dealer Scratched My Nuluxe Seats

The dealer scratched my NuLuxe seat and have offered to "repair or fill it in." I know this might be a hard question to answer, but (I'm hoping others have experienced something similar) how likely is it that the seat will wind up looking worse than before? I've already tried using Mothers VLR but it didn't work. What would you guys do in my situation?

Last edited by WNYX; 09-29-20 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-29-20, 10:26 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I believe that's leather, not NuLuxe, as I recall NuLuxe was only available on the GS200t/300.

The dealer probably has a "leather repair guy" that comes to address issues like these. Looks pretty minor and something that could be easily addressed so I would let the dealer handle it.
The following users liked this post:
WNYX (09-29-20)
Old 09-29-20, 10:33 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Should turn out good, especially on black seats.
WNYX (09-29-20)
Old 09-29-20, 10:42 AM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

Can you bring it back to dealer and ask them to fix it? Many shops have a person to handle those issue.

Just tell them what happen after the service.
WNYX (09-29-20)
Old 09-29-20, 11:27 AM
WNYX
Driver

I'm bringing it back to the dealership tomorrow. Yes, they told me they have a guy, and it'll take him 15-20 minutes. I was just concerned because I've never had my seats repaired before, and I don't know how well these things turn out.
As far as the material, I am confused as what the material actually is. I have an F Sport, so I assumed it was NuLuxe because I was told all F Sport models get NuLuxe. However, the seats are wearing in like leather (shiny and creases).
Anyway, I guess I'll let everyone know how the repair goes. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for the replies. I feel a little better.
So far, the dealership has treated me really well. They even ordered me a new shift **** and replaced it (the plastic piece had a crack and was missing a small chunk).

Last edited by WNYX; 09-29-20 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-29-20, 12:19 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WNYX
I'm bringing it back to the dealership tomorrow. Yes, they told me they have a guy, and it'll take him 15-20 minutes. I was just concerned because I've never had my seats repaired before, and I don't know how well these things turn out.
As far as the material, I am confused as what the material actually is. I have an F Sport, so I assumed it was Nuluxe because I was told all F Sport models get Nuluxe. However, the seats are wearing in like leather (shiny and creases).
Anyway, I guess I'll let everyone know how the repair goes. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for the replies. I feel a little better.
So far, they dealership has treated me really well. They even ordered me a new shift **** and replaced it (the plastic piece had a crack and was missing a small chunk).
On some models, getting an F Sport does mean NuLuxe, but not on the GS350. Yours is definitely leather.

Good luck with the repair. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-29-20, 12:27 PM
lexlude
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYX
The dealer scratched my Nuluxe seat and have offered to "repair or fill it in." I know this might be a hard question to answer, but (I'm hoping others have experienced something similar) how likely is it that the seat will wind up looking worse than before? I've already tried using Mothers VLR but it didn't work. What would you guys do in my situation?

I know how you feel. Had my car for a month notice a leaking shock. I was debating hard if I should take it to the dealer so they can replace the shock. 99% of people with warranty that would not even be a debate but as a mechanic myself I prefer to work on my own car.
Took the car in and it was confirmed the shock was leaking. I have to make another appointment for the repair to be done. Drove home and went to wash it and notice a scratch on the front lower bumper.
The car is white and I washed it the day before.
Old 09-29-20, 01:52 PM
WNYX
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
On some models, getting an F Sport does mean NuLuxe, but not on the GS350. Yours is definitely leather.

I suspected it was leather. I've had two cars with NuLuxe, and these seats in my GS were not "reacting" like NuLuxe. I just figured it was because this is my first time driving a used car with NuLuxe (the other cars were new). Thanks a bunch for clarifying. Like I said, I assumed F Sports automatically meant NuLuxe. Now, I have yet another thing to be concerned about as I am OCD about taking care of my leather!

Originally Posted by lexlude
I know how you feel. Had my car for a month notice a leaking shock. I was debating hard if I should take it to the dealer so they can replace the shock. 99% of people with warranty that would not even be a debate but as a mechanic myself I prefer to work on my own car.
Took the car in and it was confirmed the shock was leaking. I have to make another appointment for the repair to be done. Drove home and went to wash it and notice a scratch on the front lower bumper.
The car is white and I washed it the day before.
Ouch. I don't know what's worse - a white scratch on a black car or a dark scratch on a white car. I once made the mistake of leaving a blade of grass on a white car and it permanently left a green mark on the paint.

Last edited by WNYX; 09-29-20 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-29-20, 03:46 PM
Savjam
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

There do not appear to be any damage to the leather. Like everyone said, this should be easily addressed. Is the dark spots grease? Maybe just need to be cleaned.

savjam
Old 09-29-20, 05:25 PM
WNYX
Driver

Originally Posted by Savjam
There do not appear to be any damage to the leather. Like everyone said, this should be easily addressed. Is the dark spots grease? Maybe just need to be cleaned.

savjam
The dark spots are from Mothers VLR. I was trying to clean the streak, thinking it was just a mark. I was really, really hoping it wasn't a scratch.

Originally Posted by JDR76

By the way, how did you know it was leather instead of NuLuxe just from the picture?
Old 09-29-20, 05:32 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

^^ Just from your signature. Lexus doesn’t offer NuLuxe on the GS350 so it had to be leather.

NuLuxe is great stuff, though. I had it on my IS and really liked it.
Old 09-29-20, 05:52 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

I thought all GS350 F Sport comes with leather. Smells great also, I really like that leather smell.

My 2016 GS350 non-F sport had NuLuxe. It was okay and would probably last longer than leather without much care. Somehow the side on the top had some creases felt wasn't the best quality though.

I can say without a doubt, I like the leather is better. If I had a NX or UX, I'm ok with NuLuxe.

2018 Brochure btw on the colors and looks to help.

Last edited by websurfer; 09-29-20 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-30-20, 03:05 AM
edoggie
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a mild tear in my leather seat. The "leather guy" made the repair. To this day, I cannot find evidence of where the tear ever existed.

As long as the leather guy is good,. you have nothing to worry about.
WNYX (10-01-20)
Old 09-30-20, 09:51 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

The perforated areas are 100% leather but in classic Lexus fashion a bit misleading too. The main sitting area sides, back seat surrounding areas, side bolsters, armrest, headrests, center console top, dash elements, door trims are all NuLuxe material and not real genuine Leather. Like many leather sofas nowadays they cheap out and only provide leather in the main touching points you sit in but the rest like sides, back etc...are all NuLuxe material in this case. This applies to all F-Sports models with the exception of the Luxury GS models with the optional Soft Semi-Analine Leather which is full 100% genuine leather coverage.
Old 09-30-20, 10:01 AM
WNYX
Driver

I got a reply back from the Sales Lane Manager at the dealership, and I have an appointment today at 3, so I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well.
I think I might have made a slight mistake of sending the pictures to the salesman that helped me with my car. I forgot that I had the Service Lane Manager's phone number on my phone number, so I didn't go to him at first. The Service Lane Manager agreed to help me out, and he set up the appointment with me. The salesman texted me back just now and told me there was nothing they could do because leather is leather and there's no telling when or who caused the damage. I'm hoping the salesman doesn't find out about my appointment and try to interfere by telling the Service Lane Manager to cancel my appointment.

Quick Reply: Dealer Scratched My Nuluxe Seats