GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Best place to find stock Lexus GS350 wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-20, 01:44 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 510 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by tupaccares
I am 34, turning 35 and that's halfway to 70 already so I think it's all downhill from here boys lmao
I can tell you from experience you probably have about 7 more years left....at that point is where the downhill starts....when you go in to the doctor (primary, eye, dental) and they just start telling you that's just how it is. Honestly I think my mid-to-late 30s and early 40s were some of my favorite years so far. Twenties were pretty good but looking back I was still learning a lot and luckily I had some awesome people around me as mentors.

I'm hopeful there are still other good years ahead - I have friends from mid-20s to mid-90s and one thing I've learned from folks from older generations is that it all comes down to your attitude towards life. If you get cranky with life as you get older you'll be miserable - if you accept that your body starts to fall apart, life doesn't always go how you planned it, sometimes things won't seem fair, but in the end it's your attitude that makes you bitter or grateful to see another sunrise. It's your choice.

Last edited by LexusGSboy; 09-30-20 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-30-20, 02:05 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Guy is looking for wheels not boomer retirement home.. lol
Old 09-30-20, 02:48 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by CAKETOWN
Guy is looking for wheels not boomer retirement home.. lol
I don't know..... I think after last night we all aged about 20 years in 90 minutes... Sorry...couldn't resist.....

Sort of funny that I also happened to watch a Robin Williams film last night not knowing his statement from 2013 about Canada...."You are like a really nice apartment over a meth lab." which has been the going meme all over the place today.
Old 09-30-20, 04:05 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

@LexusGSboy i totally agree on the center caps. I don’t know why, but aftermarket center caps just take away from the car for me (no offense meant to anyone here).

I have seen that hubcap haven site before but never heard anything about it, so it’s good to hear it’s reputable. I wonder where they obtain their stock? Maybe junk yards and then they refinish the wheels. Or eBay?

also, since people are posting about wheels they have available, if anyone has non-staggered 2016+ f sport or 2016+ lux package wheels, I may be interested.
Old 09-30-20, 08:27 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
I don't know..... I think after last night we all aged about 20 years in 90 minutes... Sorry...couldn't resist.....

Sort of funny that I also happened to watch a Robin Williams film last night not knowing his statement from 2013 about Canada...."You are like a really nice apartment over a meth lab." which has been the going meme all over the place today.
haha that is pretty funny, though i'd say the whole building is a meth lab now.
Old 10-01-20, 12:23 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by CottageChz
@LexusGSboy i totally agree on the center caps. I don’t know why, but aftermarket center caps just take away from the car for me (no offense meant to anyone here).

I have seen that hubcap haven site before but never heard anything about it, so it’s good to hear it’s reputable. I wonder where they obtain their stock? Maybe junk yards and then they refinish the wheels. Or eBay?

also, since people are posting about wheels they have available, if anyone has non-staggered 2016+ f sport or 2016+ lux package wheels, I may be interested.
I think it's that the center cap branding/lettering of the wheel manufacturer, from a design standpoint, often doesn't fit with branding/lettering on the car. They have their own brand/logo/image/identity they're trying to convey as part of their marketing and it sometimes clashes with the car. Sometimes it may not clash but it still draws your attention to it rather than blending in like an OEM. It's like having a piece of text with serifs while everything else is sans-serif or using two radically different fonts like Comic Sans and Times.

I think it used to be that they got their stock from junk yards, etc... I'm pretty sure they used to be the go-to place for folks with classic cars. Maybe they still are, I remember their ads in the back of car magazines.
Old 10-01-20, 09:40 AM
tupaccares
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you from experience you probably have about 7 more years left....at that point is where the downhill starts....when you go in to the doctor (primary, eye, dental) and they just start telling you that's just how it is. Honestly I think my mid-to-late 30s and early 40s were some of my favorite years so far. Twenties were pretty good but looking back I was still learning a lot and luckily I had some awesome people around me as mentors.

I'm hopeful there are still other good years ahead - I have friends from mid-20s to mid-90s and one thing I've learned from folks from older generations is that it all comes down to your attitude towards life. If you get cranky with life as you get older you'll be miserable - if you accept that your body starts to fall apart, life doesn't always go how you planned it, sometimes things won't seem fair, but in the end it's your attitude that makes you bitter or grateful to see another sunrise. It's your choice.
Agreed, very well said!
Old 10-01-20, 09:42 AM
tupaccares
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since this thread has gotten traction, any folks in SoCal preferably, if you have takeoffs for a GS350 of any kind (preferably non staggered, darker stock wheels but open to all) in good condition please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. Thanks!
Old 10-01-20, 10:47 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I also really like stock wheels for my own vehicles but I have seen some nice aftermarket wheels that I think go well with the GS. For me the aftermarket logos can also play a role in how good the wheels look - swap those out for Lexus logos and that right there can make a huge difference to me.

When I was looking for info on the LUX wheels someone suggested this site:

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/825/le...eels_rims.html

I can't recommend or not recommend them but they do have OEM wheels of all sorts for the GS. The selection changes regularly. Prices seem to have gone up a little since January/February but not ridiculously.

I think this is the company I had recommended to me long before the internet was around - according to their site they've been in business since 1971...
I purchased my 2019 ES wheels from hubcab haven and they even powder coated it gloss black for free. They refurbish used wheels, mine turned out excellent.
Old 10-01-20, 11:35 AM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

Check your local wreckers.