GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Picking between the 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-20, 07:09 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Lots of very good advice from the replies by everyone. I would say go physically see the vehicles after pulling the Lexus history reports. Also do a 20 min test drive the vehicles which suites you best.
Old 10-01-20, 07:11 PM
carlISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The F sport has Red exterior, with black interior.
The non F sport has both black interior and exterior.
The color really doesn't bother me, honesty.

Side note: Just confirmed that the non f sport is indeed a Lux package with no accidents recorded on the Carfax.

Thanks for the quick response. I greatly appreciate it. Looks like i will go for the non F sport!
The following 2 users liked this post by carlISF:
AJLex19 (10-01-20), cammyfive (10-01-20)
Old 10-01-20, 07:34 PM
Barkley45
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I see that you're in MD. If you dont mind sharing, what's your budget? Ill help you with your search.
Old 10-01-20, 08:13 PM
carlISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkley45
I see that you're in MD. If you dont mind sharing, what's your budget? Ill help you with your search.
No more than 22K. i really, really, really wanted a 13-15 F Sport AWD with ML but i know thats rare and comes with a price premium. I honestly don't even care about BSM and exterior/interior color. I actually found one in Baltimore, but the miles and the price i dont agree with. They are asking a little over $21K for a 13 F-sport AWD with 120K miles on it. Dont think its worth it. a 16-20 F sport AWD would be a major plus but im definitely out of that with my budget, but i can dream!
Old 10-01-20, 09:15 PM
cammyfive
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, hard choice. I own a '16 F Sport and can still say that I prefer the exterior looks of the '13-'15 models. Personally, ML Audio was in the top 3 priorities for me when I bought my car, right up there with low miles. The ML Audio in this car is outstanding. If I were in your shoes, I would go for the Lux model with the ML Audio and with the $1500 you've saved I would use that for Michelin Pilot Sport tires and a nice dinner out. . I've told this story a few times on here recently but I was very very close to buying a '16 Lux model in Red over Flaxen. That is by far my favorite color combo on these cars but it had a few more miles than what I wanted (66K) and the freaking sales person at the dealership where it was at literally didn't return my calls or care to answer any of my questions of the cars condition. Had she done even a half way decent job, I'd probably have convinced myself to go up in miles to get it. In AWD guise especially, the Lux model is the prime choice. Now, if it was a RWD with LSD and rear wheel steering F Sport.....that would be hard to turn down too.
Old 10-03-20, 07:31 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 314 Likes on 196 Posts

Usually we advocate for what we have and it validates when others follow suite. That said the notion of “ if you like to drive........then F-Sport is the only way because we fancy ourselves as men of action and driving is a part of our DNA. As such an animal with a decent portfolio/history of BMW’s, Porches, and Audi’s I’d have to say you don’t buy a Lexus for some spirited experience. Reliable luxury Grand Tourer. Not so macho but its a car, not a testosterone statement. I have a 2020 Fsport. Mostly in normal and its a great balanced driver. In sport its good and you get that in LUX.
If you want a drive on the rails experience this is not your car. This is my perception, some won’t agree but we all come from a different place.
From what you described the Lux will give you more amenities and the ML is a damn fine system for stock. A cars looks are important. I came from Msport 5 series BMW so “Had to have Fsport”. The don’t make 2020 model Lux. Choice was easy. LIving with this car I really like this car more but as a GT it shines for quiet comfort and a serene experience than sporting adrenaline machine. One can mod this car make it look as such but you degrade its DNA Into something its not naturally. Used, all things being equal go with Lux. You have the sport button with it too, great seats, upgraded materials, sound system not needing upgrade, nice wheels, and perhaps its in a color you like. Good luck. Either way your good.