GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

KYB Gas-a-just

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-20, 10:10 AM
NatGen
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default KYB Gas-a-just

Does anyone have experiences with the KYB Gas-A-Just struts/shock absorbers? I just ordered the front two but having a difficult time locating the rear compatible with AVS and AWD. Thanks all!

Old 10-07-20, 08:13 PM
CouveGS
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts

I will be installing them this weekend, so will report my experience. I have a 2014 F-Sport RWD replacing the front Struts that are leaking. I haven't experienced any issues with my leaking struts, but am replacing them before they are an issue. I will be curious if I can notice a difference with the new KYBs.
Old 10-08-20, 10:03 AM
NatGen
Rookie

Originally Posted by CouveGS
I will be installing them this weekend, so will report my experience. I have a 2014 F-Sport RWD replacing the front Struts that are leaking. I haven't experienced any issues with my leaking struts, but am replacing them before they are an issue. I will be curious if I can notice a difference with the new KYBs.
Awesome. I ordered the front two for my AWD with AVS from Rock Auto. I am having a hard time locating the rears with AVS compatible with AWD. Can you please let me know how the ride is after you install them? Good luck! Thanks again
Old 10-08-20, 10:28 AM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Just curious, where were the shocks made? Is it Made in Japan?
Old 10-08-20, 10:41 AM
CouveGS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LSSAH
Just curious, where were the shocks made? Is it Made in Japan?
Each strut is stamped with Made in Japan

Old 10-08-20, 10:44 AM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

Each strut is stamped with Made in Japan

Nice! Thanks for the information
Old 10-08-20, 11:25 AM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

Please do a comparison of old parts VS new parts when you have a chance after installation. thanks
Old 10-08-20, 11:30 AM
CouveGS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LSSAH
Please do a comparison of old parts VS new parts when you have a chance after installation. thanks
I will. I want to rig up my phone and record the same stretch of road to compare before and after. I'll be sure to report back!
Old 10-08-20, 11:34 AM
christ0efu
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Check out the KYB Catalogue.
Old 10-08-20, 11:37 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

If it says Made in Japan then I'm sold. That's the real deal!

But somehow I read the title as Just-a-Gas!
Old 10-08-20, 02:12 PM
NatGen
Rookie

I will. I want to rig up my phone and record the same stretch of road to compare before and after. I'll be sure to report back!
That would be awesome! Thanks for reporting back. I also looked for the "made in Japan" stamp and it confirmed for me that I will go with them lol.
Old 10-08-20, 02:17 PM
CouveGS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NatGen
That would be awesome! Thanks for reporting back. I also looked for the "made in Japan" stamp and it confirmed for me that I will go with them lol.
Also I am happy with the price. I was quoted over $1300 for Lexus to replace just the front struts.

Old 10-08-20, 02:28 PM
NatGen
Rookie

Also I am happy with the price. I was quoted over $1300 for Lexus to replace just the front struts.

That is the best part too. Now, not many things can be replicated to when the car rolled out of the factory, but a product that's made in Japan, and made by KYB (who originally made the shocks for our GS), I will take it.

I just wish I could find KYB shock absorbers for my rears. Nothing online other than Lexus dealers/distributors that is compatible with AVS and AWD
Old 10-08-20, 02:31 PM
CouveGS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NatGen
That is the best part too. Now, not many things can be replicated to when the car rolled out of the factory, but a product that's made in Japan, and made by KYB (who originally made the shocks for our GS), I will take it.

I just wish I could find KYB shock absorbers for my rears. Nothing online other than Lexus dealers/distributors that is compatible with AVS and AWD
I had trouble finding shocks for my 2003 Mustang GT a month ago. Parts were all on backorder for 2-3 months (Bilstein shocks). There must be some major supply chain issue because they shouldn't be that hard to find. Same for these KYBs.
Old 10-08-20, 02:35 PM
NatGen
Rookie

I had trouble finding shocks for my 2003 Mustang GT a month ago. Parts were all on backorder for 2-3 months (Bilstein shocks). There must be some major supply chain issue because they shouldn't be that hard to find. Same for these KYBs.
The world of COVID-19. It has practically disrupted every supply chain possible across the globe. I asked 5-6 vendors on eBay - they confirmed a lot of things are not in stock because they just can't get to them. Sucks! Did you just to wait, or what did you do?

Quick Reply: KYB Gas-a-just