GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New 350 F Sport mini shoot

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-20 | 05:09 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Evasive4GS
Haha yep that was my car out in front...currently on borrowed wheels until my wheels come in, which is why I havent posted images of my car yet here on the board . I'm glad you are enjoying your mods! I was planning to check out the sound, but got busy towards the end of the day. Yeah the TOMs rear strut bar will definitely tighten up your steering response, I myself need to stiffen up the front before I tend to the rear, a little more oversteer than I like.
Oh awesome, which wheels are you waiting on? Yeah thanks, I'm really loving it. I need to find a nice, out of the way road where I can set up a camera and record the sound, maybe even get a friend to follow for a car to car pull away shot. That should even it out for you, I haven't felt too much of that.. maybe I'm going easy or because I usually keep the TCS on so far.
Old 10-27-20 | 05:21 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by boostinsc
how do the swift springs ride as compared to stock ? , why didnt you go with the tananbe nf210 ?
I just wanted to reduce fender gap a little, mostly in the rear.. it seemed raked before. It sits nice to me now, and even. You can't tell if it came like that or if it's lowered, also a plus for me since they were designed to work with factory struts. The ride is much better, more firm for sure and better steering feel. It feels more capable on the road and in the corners.
The following users liked this post:
boostinsc (10-27-20)
Old 10-28-20 | 02:26 PM
Evasive4GS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SBPhoto
Oh awesome, which wheels are you waiting on? Yeah thanks, I'm really loving it. I need to find a nice, out of the way road where I can set up a camera and record the sound, maybe even get a friend to follow for a car to car pull away shot. That should even it out for you, I haven't felt too much of that.. maybe I'm going easy or because I usually keep the TCS on so far.
I have the Leon Hardiritt Orden CV on order. Wont be in until maybe February though...there are a few roads in City of Industry that are much less traveled and easier to manage what you're trying to achieve!
Old 11-04-20 | 06:22 AM
leebogs350
Driver School Candidate

nice pics bro!
Old 11-04-20 | 08:27 AM
DAVEB1980
Advanced

Brochure photos? Nice
Old 11-04-20 | 05:46 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

I have the Leon Hardiritt Orden CV on order. Wont be in until maybe February though...there are a few roads in City of Industry that are much less traveled and easier to manage what you're trying to achieve!
Nice, is that considered VIP style? Thanks for the tip, I'll need to check that out.
Old 11-04-20 | 06:46 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by leebogs350
nice pics bro!
Thanks Lee!!
Old 11-04-20 | 06:49 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DAVEB1980
Brochure photos? Nice
Thanks, I wish! Let's see if I can get on somewhere to do that type of work.
Old 11-05-20 | 01:09 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats and great photos. As an experienced and advanced photographer myself, I 98% of the time eye-roll when I click on a post where a "photographer" claims to have posted his "work." I came in expecting that but was pleasantly surprised. Nice job and nice light/strobe setup.
Old 11-24-20 | 04:14 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by E46CT
Congrats and great photos. As an experienced and advanced photographer myself, I 98% of the time eye-roll when I click on a post where a "photographer" claims to have posted his "work." I came in expecting that but was pleasantly surprised. Nice job and nice light/strobe setup.
I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised, thanks for the compliments!! I want to get some more soon if I can
Old 12-06-20 | 08:20 AM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Haha yep that was my car out in front...currently on borrowed wheels until my wheels come in, which is why I havent posted images of my car yet here on the board . I'm glad you are enjoying your mods! I was planning to check out the sound, but got busy towards the end of the day. Yeah the TOMs rear strut bar will definitely tighten up your steering response, I myself need to stiffen up the front before I tend to the rear, a little more oversteer than I like.

I randomly just pulled over while driving to get these quick clips. The driving clip isn't as crystal clear as I'd like but you can still get a pretty good idea of the sound

Old 12-07-20 | 05:30 PM
Evasive4GS
Driver School Candidate

I randomly just pulled over while driving to get these quick clips. The driving clip isn't as crystal clear as I'd like but you can still get a pretty good idea of the sound

https://youtu.be/hUZfEZKvGSg
Sounds clean...any droning while idle? I think that's the biggest thing that would sway me from an aftermarket setup, would give me a headache haha.
Old 12-07-20 | 10:29 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Sounds clean...any droning while idle? I think that's the biggest thing that would sway me from an aftermarket setup, would give me a headache haha.
Thanks, I really love it! No drone and no rasp, at times its as if its not there. The idle is quieter than the cold start in the video and when you reach the speed you are going to maintain the sound pretty much goes away. One thing that did bother me, which isnt a huge deal, is how it exposes all the work that the 8 speed transmission is doing when in auto. Without the exhaust it was fine but now you can hear the constant shifting it is doing and it can sound bogged down when in very low rpms. I've dealt with that by driving in manual mode 80-90% of the time.
Old 12-08-20 | 10:04 AM
Evasive4GS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I really love it! No drone and no rasp, at times its as if its not there. The idle is quieter than the cold start in the video and when you reach the speed you are going to maintain the sound pretty much goes away. One thing that did bother me, which isnt a huge deal, is how it exposes all the work that the 8 speed transmission is doing when in auto. Without the exhaust it was fine but now you can hear the constant shifting it is doing and it can sound bogged down when in very low rpms. I've dealt with that by driving in manual mode 80-90% of the time.
That makes complete sense...i believe thats the huge caveat of having an exhaust system on an automatic car...most of the time it sounds pitiful. But like you mentioned, at least with our cars you can work around that by throwing it into manual mode haha! I guess that's why I have no desire to pick up performance parts, and keeping it to all aesthetics and upkeep.
Old 12-08-20 | 12:31 PM
LueyM
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful car and great pictures! You definitely know how to use those angles. I also have a white GS (twins) and I live in the South Bay area (closer to LAX). Let me know when your ready to cruise around the city for a photoshoot. Follow me at IG @Lexi_Fsport