GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Community FYI: My 17 GS Luxury is up for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-20, 02:04 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
I think 2017 was the last year Lexus had the luxury package as an option on the GS, then I guess they decided to kill off the car.
Yeah, this one is doubly rare because of being a refreshed model with the Luxury package but also for having the brown interior, which I really love.
Old 12-09-20, 04:29 PM
psaav
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I replaced it with an M340i x-drive.
Old 12-09-20, 05:39 PM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by psaav
I replaced it with an M340i x-drive.
Nice choice, I’m looking closely at those. Would love to hear you do a comparison after a week or two.
Old 12-09-20, 05:55 PM
psaav
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheRas900
Nice choice, I’m looking closely at those. Would love to hear you do a comparison after a week or two.
It's still in production so I won't take possession till the end of December or after. I can do a comparison write up after a few weeks of driving.
Old 12-09-20, 06:06 PM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Interesting they took your trade before the car came in. Custom build is the way to go with BMW. What color combo did you go with?

Certainly share your thoughts after a little time behind the wheel and congrats on the purchase!!
Old 12-09-20, 06:37 PM
psaav
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheRas900
Interesting they took your trade before the car came in. Custom build is the way to go with BMW. What color combo did you go with?

Certainly share your thoughts after a little time behind the wheel and congrats on the purchase!!
Mineral grey with oyster interior. I really wanted a light-colored interior this time. I had tried to configure a new IS in cloudburst grey with the white interior and dynamic handling but that was not possible so here I am. Thanks and I will post a comparison later.
Old 12-10-20, 03:38 AM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Mineral grey with oyster interior. I really wanted a light-colored interior this time. I had tried to configure a new IS in cloudburst grey with the white interior and dynamic handling but that was not possible so here I am. Thanks and I will post a comparison later.
Good call on the light interior, the Oyster looks sharp.
Old 12-10-20, 07:26 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Very very nice car. If I saw this combo for sale when I was buying in March I would have tried to stretch my budget to get it. The luxury package is indeed rare on 2016+.
Old 12-11-20, 11:08 PM
sooththetr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the reliability issue and Lexus being tops. But based on my driving statistics over the past 3 years of ownership I'm well within the limits of a factory warranty, so I don't expect crazy expensive repairs coming my way. I really did want to stay with Lexus as my family has been Toyota for over 40 years and Lexus since my dad's 1992 LS, but I just couldn't make the current offerings work for me.
As for the 17 GS, it's caviar with noble brown interior, triple beams, ML, RC 350 F-sport 19" wheels, rear spoiler, excellent condition. I thought about doing a private sale, but I got a great deal on the trade.
I agree, I would consider the car to be reliable going forward. for years. But I had an experience driving a 2018 RWD GS F sport, and found the sophistication of the drive to be superb. Of course the current 311 hp has been left in the dust by many of the German marques, but I just felt that combination of ride and handling to be a joy in everyday driving. We could talk all day about the entertainment interface, as it may have been the anchor that is sinking Lexus, but if you are just driving....I liked it better than the Mercedes and Audi's I drove from the same years. I just seem to "get" the Lexus GS or, rather, Lexus just seems to get me. So I kept putting bids in on the Lexus, and I'll damned if the dealership just would not call me back, and sold the car to an in-person buyer. I tried to buy it from a non Lexus dealership, and they just didn't seem interested in talking to me. I had a 98 GS 400 that I sold with 187,000 miles on it, a cosmetic nightmare at the time, and people ripped it out of my hands when I put it for sale. But the dealer experience was unmatched by any other. I should have looked at a used GS from a dealership, earlier. But with Covid, it seemed that the cars were vaporizing off the lots, and my bids just kept coming up short until....I bought a used 987.2 (Non IMS) Porsche Cayman... for the looks, and the fun of a stick. But, you know what? I enjoyed driving the 2018 F sport more than the Porsche, that I did get at a great price. But it is low, loud, and just a completely differrent experience. If was bucket list car, and I doubt I will keep it a year. Yeah, I think the GS has an almost magical tuning for a daily driver. But to come back to this forum, I love a car with an ample back seat, so I may be moving to one of the post 2012 LS, for my next car, looking for a garage queen that has not suffered the southern sun or northern salt. The Korean cars offer more gizmos for the money, but that sophistication.....is hard to quantify, but I know it when I feel it.
Old 12-15-20, 12:54 AM
ZackXiong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very interested in the car. PMed. Thanks!
Old 12-15-20, 04:21 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,128 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
#Facts
Lexus #1, 8 years in a row, for 2020 it's number 2, Genesis took the top spot.
Not only over the last ten years #1 eight times and #2 twice in dependability but also #1 in customer loyalty, #1 in lowest depreciation and #1 in lowest maintenance cost among the luxury division. Any auto manufacturer would wish they would be #1 in just one of these categories.