GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How common was the “Flaxen” leather option in the GS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-21, 12:22 AM
CLuser
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Beige interior on my ‘13 lux. Old man spec but I like the contrast with the dash and dark wood accents- also makes the interior feel more light and airy
Old 01-16-21, 07:09 AM
Lend0
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I had it on my 2014 Luxury and liked it.

The following users liked this post:
mike995134 (01-17-21)
Old 01-16-21, 08:01 AM
Ironman50
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

@swat1727 - really like the flaxen interior with ultra white exterior
@GoodRevs - curious as to why Non F Sport
@NickDangr - we both accused of being grandpas
Old 01-18-21, 01:41 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman50
@GoodRevs - curious as to why Non F Sport
At the time pre-covid I was driving 20,000+ miles a year in MA and NH. I wanted something sporty but also reliable and excellent in the snow. I didn’t want the increased tire wear/decreased snow traction that can come with lower profile tires, and the adjustable suspension in the F sport didn’t matter to me. I also really wanted the flaxen leather and wood trim as opposed to F sport leather seats and trim typically found.

Fortunately I had my pick of white/flaxen 2016 AWD non-F sport GS’s at the time that were fresh off leases with low miles in excellent condition. I picked the nicest one and added three further years to the CPO warranty coverage.

Edit: Oh and I loved the 18” stock rims, I think they’re very distinctive with a design that perfectly matches the understated elegance and refined nature of the GS.

Last edited by GoodRevs; 01-18-21 at 07:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GoodRevs:
JDR76 (01-18-21), LexusGSboy (01-18-21)
Old 01-18-21, 02:38 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 512 Likes on 272 Posts

Hmmm......Im sensing the need for a "4th Gen GS Interior Color Photo Thread - Flaxen"
Old 01-18-21, 02:58 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I like the flaxen interior, though it wouldn't be my first choice. I think it looks good with pretty much any color, especially white or atomic silver.

My favorite combo, which is quite rare as it was only offered in 2015, was atomic silver with cabernet interior.
Old 10-12-21, 06:04 PM
lsdrexel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Lexus

I just bought a Certified 2019 350 ES, Atomic Silver, with Flaxen interior... also has a professional tint, not too dark. I've got tons of compliments on both the exterior color and the Flaxen interior... sales rep told me that it's more common to see black interior with the atomic silver... you can tell from the leather on the key fob what the interior color is when she was picking keys off the key wall for me to test drive, and knew I wanted Flaxen... when I asked her about a similar car that was a little less expensive, she asked me if I was a 70-year-old woman because that car was beige and not tinted ... I'm male and in my early 40s... absolutely love the car, it's awesome!
Old 10-14-21, 05:10 PM
eddie420

Received 630 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by lsdrexel
I just bought a Certified 2019 350 ES, Atomic Silver, with Flaxen interior... also has a professional tint, not too dark. I've got tons of compliments on both the exterior color and the Flaxen interior... sales rep told me that it's more common to see black interior with the atomic silver... you can tell from the leather on the key fob what the interior color is when she was picking keys off the key wall for me to test drive, and knew I wanted Flaxen... when I asked her about a similar car that was a little less expensive, she asked me if I was a 70-year-old woman because that car was beige and not tinted ... I'm male and in my early 40s... absolutely love the car, it's awesome!
Congratulations on the car!
Old 10-14-21, 05:50 PM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

Mine was the only one I saw last summer with flaxen interior when searching for a GS. And it was paired with pearl white exterior color, which seems to
be a pretty rare color combo. Funny thing is, earlier this year I saw someone else with pearl white/flaxen combo like me at the time. Best interior color option imo, still in love with it every time I get in.

Only have one good pic of the starfire pearl/flaxen combo before the wrap but I love the flaxen even more now paired with the blue wrap

AJLex19 (10-14-21)
Old 10-14-21, 06:27 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,159 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingmatt24
Mine was the only one I saw last summer with flaxen interior when searching for a GS. And it was paired with pearl white exterior color, which seems to
be a pretty rare color combo. Funny thing is, earlier this year I saw someone else with pearl white/flaxen combo like me at the time. Best interior color option imo, still in love with it every time I get in.

Only have one good pic of the starfire pearl/flaxen combo before the wrap but I love the flaxen even more now paired with the blue wrap

I feel like anyone who has ultra white/starfire pearl, really wouldn't mind if it was simple enough to remove the doors to get to all the grime/dust that builds up in between the door-jams! Whenever I hand wash my starfire pearl, i'm always seeing a crevice/crease where the doors/hinges meet that I wish could clean more.

@Kingmatt24 Looks like whoever wrapped your car also did their job right by heavily cleaning all those areas. The blue and flaxen work well together - but IMHO, I think any of the standard exterior colors looks great with a flaxen interior.
Kingmatt24 (10-17-21)
Old 10-17-21, 06:02 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I feel like anyone who has ultra white/starfire pearl, really wouldn't mind if it was simple enough to remove the doors to get to all the grime/dust that builds up in between the door-jams! Whenever I hand wash my starfire pearl, i'm always seeing a crevice/crease where the doors/hinges meet that I wish could clean more.

@Kingmatt24 Looks like whoever wrapped your car also did their job right by heavily cleaning all those areas. The blue and flaxen work well together - but IMHO, I think any of the standard exterior colors looks great with a flaxen interior.
agreed, I think flaxen really stands out on any color and works well. And speaking of the door jamb area, mine looks filthy with all the rain we’ve gotten this past week. Definitely will clean them next time I wash it
Old 10-18-21, 06:44 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

agreed, I think flaxen really stands out on any color and works well. And speaking of the door jamb area, mine looks filthy with all the rain we’ve gotten this past week. Definitely will clean them next time I wash it
Out of curiosity, how much did that entire wrap cost? Looks like the most professional thorough wrap job I have ever seen.
Old 10-18-21, 09:18 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by peasodos
Out of curiosity, how much did that entire wrap cost? Looks like the most professional thorough wrap job I have ever seen.
It was originally supposed to be $3500, but paid $3300 because the work got delayed. He definitely did an amazing job on the wrap though
Old 10-18-21, 11:27 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

It was originally supposed to be $3500, but paid $3300 because the work got delayed. He definitely did an amazing job on the wrap though
Yeah, that's worth every penny. Who did the wrap?
Old 10-18-21, 03:37 PM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by peasodos
Yeah, that's worth every penny. Who did the wrap?
Honestly forgot his name. But the guy is the owner of Midwest Wrap in Rockdale, IL.

Quick Reply: How common was the “Flaxen” leather option in the GS?