GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS was stolen, deciding what to buy next

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-21, 02:13 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Lukas99GS
I will have to see the red interior in person, my gf thinks it’s too bright and prefers the darker red on the pre refresh GS. Flaxen is my preferred interior but it seems to be a lot rarer on the newer GS.
Your girlfriend is right. The previous red was tasteful. The new red is...RED, like Michael Jackson leather jacket red. Like Sammy Hagar Red. I didn’t like it at all when I sat in it.
Old 02-17-21, 03:25 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,157 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
Your girlfriend is right. The previous red was tasteful. The new red is...RED, like Michael Jackson leather jacket red. Like Sammy Hagar Red. I didn’t like it at all when I sat in it.
Agreed - that pre-refresh red was actually "Cabernet" and the new one is "Rioja Red." The cabernet was more like a dark, purplish-tinged deep red wine like color whereas the Rioja Red is a racer/sportier bright hue. Definitely a matter of personal preference.
Old 02-17-21, 03:27 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

About every car I've owned had red interior. Doesn't matter what shade it is, I love it.
The following users liked this post:
Chaos236 (02-18-21)
Old 02-17-21, 04:18 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

If my car gets stolen, I do not ever want it back. The cops can keep it if they find it and just write me a check for it.

I would definitely get a new one cause It will not be the same. It's been molested beyond ur imagination for sure.

It's good the newer GS has a remote start that shuts off when u breathe near it so nobody can just drive off with it.
Coolchuck (02-21-21)
Old 02-17-21, 04:32 PM
teigen
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I live in the area and can tell you, the Madison Lexus dealership has been great to work with in sales & service from my experience. Have referred friends & coworkers who all have great experiences.

Not sure if that sways your choice, but my 2 cents. Plus those triple headlights are wicked looking I vote for the white one.

Old 02-17-21, 04:44 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
If my car gets stolen, I do not ever want it back. The cops can keep it if they find it and just write me a check for it.

I would definitely get a new one cause It will not be the same. It's been molested beyond ur imagination for sure.

It's good the newer GS has a remote start that shuts off when u breathe near it so nobody can just drive off with it.
Couldn't agree more. If mine ever got wrecked and repaired I'd probably get rid of the car. There's not too many repair shops that would meet my expectations.
Old 02-17-21, 05:17 PM
teigen
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Ok, couldn’t resist a quick search, here’s a couple more for your consideration​​​​​​ ( if you’re willing to roadtrip to IL ):

2016 - F Sport Black w/ flaxen

2017 - w/triple headlights, black on black, luxury pkg
AJLex19 (02-17-21)
Old 02-17-21, 06:36 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by teigen
Ok, couldn’t resist a quick search, here’s a couple more for your consideration​​​​​​ ( if you’re willing to roadtrip to IL ):

2016 - F Sport Black w/ flaxen

2017 - w/triple headlights, black on black, luxury pkg
I love that 2017 Lux Pac.
Old 02-17-21, 07:07 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
I love that 2017 Lux Pac.
Yes. The lux package is really nice. I drove one last week at Carmax but it was in rough shape and there are almost none out there. I only saw two on Car Gurus nationwide and both were in the 50ish thousand mile range. A bit high.

the one thing the Lux is lacking is a deck lid spoiler. The GS really needs one IMO.
Old 02-18-21, 09:58 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
Yes. The lux package is really nice. I drove one last week at Carmax but it was in rough shape and there are almost none out there. I only saw two on Car Gurus nationwide and both were in the 50ish thousand mile range. A bit high.

the one thing the Lux is lacking is a deck lid spoiler. The GS really needs one IMO.
The Deck Lid spoiler can always be added. When the GS 4th Gen 1st came out, I thought it had a great Truck end. One car that you don't want to put a Spoiler on. I'm now about to add the Spoiler to mine after all the Years of thinking it was not for that car.

I have a 2013 Lux Pack GS350, even has the HUD and other, w only 36k on it. I like the NON F Sport so much more. Most don't but.... I love the Wood vs the Gray scaly looking trim, and don't miss any F Sport features. I certainly don't miss the F Sport Brake maintenance problems.

I went to the Lexus Dealer site for more interior pics on that one. Nice. I wish I had not seen that thing. Started thinking I kind of wanted it. Triple Beans, and HUD and more. Glad it was a AWD and not a RWD. The AWD stops me from making the call.
https://www.lexusofmerrillville.com/...e-in/50407070/

I'm going to stop clicking links and looking at the car for sale links posted here before someone post a Post Fresh Blk/Blk Lux pack like that in RWD. lol!
Old 02-18-21, 10:31 AM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
The Deck Lid spoiler can always be added. When the GS 4th Gen 1st came out, I thought it had a great Truck end. One car that you don't want to put a Spoiler on. I'm now about to add the Spoiler to mine after all the Years of thinking it was not for that car.

I have a 2013 Lux Pack GS350, even has the HUD and other, w only 36k on it. I like the NON F Sport so much more. Most don't but.... I love the Wood vs the Gray scaly looking trim, and don't miss any F Sport features. I certainly don't miss the F Sport Brake maintenance problems.

I went to the Lexus Dealer site for more interior pics on that one. Nice. I wish I had not seen that thing. Started thinking I kind of wanted it. Triple Beans, and HUD and more. Glad it was a AWD and not a RWD. The AWD stops me from making the call.
https://www.lexusofmerrillville.com/...e-in/50407070/

I'm going to stop clicking links and looking at the car for sale links posted here before someone post a Post Fresh Blk/Blk Lux pack like that in RWD. lol!
Agreed regarding F sport non-wood trim and the issues with brake wear and squeak/wail. I traded my F sport in last week for a newer premium. Wanted the Lux really badly but my sensible side stopped me and I picked up a CPO ‘17 with 18,000 miles. Looks and feels brand new, and was obviously driven very lightly and garaged since day one. Not a ding, scratch, nick, or mark on it.

And yeah...stop tempting yourself. 😆
jgscott (02-18-21)
Old 02-18-21, 01:35 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

I also find the aluminium trim on the f sport gets dented easily and the brake is too noisy and grabby.
Old 02-18-21, 02:01 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I prefer the wood interior as well, but I just don’t think the non f sport refreshed GS look very good tbh, the pre refresh GS looked so good to me, even the non f sport had such a good looking front end. But the new grille just doesn’t look good to me on the newer ones, I feel like the f sport mesh grille should just have been a stand alone option, the new RX looked really weird with that cheese grater grille and looks much better with the mesh f sport imo. I also think the wheels on the refreshed GS non f sport are just plain ugly. Those can always be changed though and a deck lid spoiler can be added for cheap and I think it makes it look a lot better as well
Old 02-18-21, 02:24 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

Since other brands are now having these massive grills - think bmw and Audi. The Lexus grill somewhat is less ugly now than 5 years ago on the GS and RX.

I think this is the art of normalisation from a fashion standpoint.
Old 02-18-21, 03:10 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Can Lexus (SOS button people) not locate your car remotely and disable the ignition? So confused.

Quick Reply: GS was stolen, deciding what to buy next