Search this Thread

Old 02-16-21, 02:01 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default GS was stolen, deciding what to buy next

https://www.lexusofmadison.com/certi...493585d8d1.htm

https://www.rightbuyauto.com/vdp/169...laine-MN-55449
sadly my 2014 GS was stolen, it was mint with the flaxen interior and only 57k on it :/
im looking to get a refreshed GS now but they are pretty uncommon especially around my area in MN these are the two I’m eyeing right now. I’m debating because the gray one has a lot less miles, but the white one does have the triple beams and I also think the white in f sport looks really good. Thoughts?
Old 02-16-21, 02:14 PM
AlphaPapa
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the grey colour but the LED headlights are great.. you could consider retrofitting the headlights?
Old 02-16-21, 02:14 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Lukas99GS

sadly my 2014 GS was stolen, it was mint with the flaxen interior and only 57k on it :/
im looking to get a refreshed GS now but they are pretty uncommon especially around my area in MN these are the two I’m eyeing right now. I’m debating because the gray one has a lot less miles, but the white one does have the triple beams and I also think the white in f sport looks really good. Thoughts?
My advice would be to first post pictures of the car, details, and that it was stolen on every social media outlet/car site in your general area you can and hopefully someone sees it or knows something. How did it get stolen, these aren't exactly easy cars to steal unless someone has a flatbed, did you check camera's in the general area that may have picked up who did it/how?
Old 02-16-21, 02:34 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

I did post on some local crime threads, it was my own fault I ran into the gas station for two seconds to get a drink before work and left it running to warm up, wasn’t even in there a minute and they got in and took off. I had the keys, and it was low on gas so I’d imagine it can’t be too far but it’s been 2 1/2 weeks and I haven’t heard anything and I’ve kept my eye out for it. Apparently tons of Lexus’ have been stolen around Minneapolis the last few weeks, it seems to be an organized thing. My insurance is giving me more than what I paid for it so at this point I’d rather just get another than keep waiting without a car.
Old 02-16-21, 02:42 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Sorry to hear about your GS being stolen.

Both of those GSs look good. I'd have a hard time passing up the triple-LEDs as I think they are very transformational in how they make the car appear, but the 2016 has a lot fewer miles. I'd probably still lean to the white one, though.
Old 02-16-21, 03:05 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Originally Posted by JDR76
Sorry to hear about your GS being stolen.

Both of those GSs look good. I'd have a hard time passing up the triple-LEDs as I think they are very transformational in how they make the car appear, but the 2016 has a lot fewer miles. I'd probably still lean to the white one, though.
I agree the triple beams look much better imo, I kinda don’t like the standard headlights on the newer GS compared to the pre refreshed ones, they should’ve came standard with the triple beams. The miles are really the only down fall since they’re about the same price but then again 70k really isn’t a lot of miles for these cars. My first two Lexus I drove well past 200k
Old 02-16-21, 03:08 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,157 Likes on 854 Posts

Sorry to hear about the theft of your GS - lots of crime sprees happening right now due to the circumstances in the world. Glad you're ok - at least you have an opportunity to get another GS!

I'd go for the white one mainly because it has the rare triple LED option and comes with the 2yr L/certified warranty. Its been on their lot for over a month and a half now so you might be able to negotiate down a little as well or ask for additional warranty coverage since the mileage is a tad high for a '17.

Not sure how far you're willing to travel (or pay for delivery) but there is this rare color combo Atomic Silver on Flaxen GS w/AWD and triple beams as well: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5031/overview/

The following users liked this post:
JDR76 (02-16-21)
Old 02-16-21, 04:09 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Sorry to hear about the theft of your GS - lots of crime sprees happening right now due to the circumstances in the world. Glad you're ok - at least you have an opportunity to get another GS!

I'd go for the white one mainly because it has the rare triple LED option and comes with the 2yr L/certified warranty. Its been on their lot for over a month and a half now so you might be able to negotiate down a little as well or ask for additional warranty coverage since the mileage is a tad high for a '17.

Not sure how far you're willing to travel (or pay for delivery) but there is this rare color combo Atomic Silver on Flaxen GS w/AWD and triple beams as well: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5031/overview/
WOW, I was actually trying to find another Flaxen interior f sport and there wasn’t a single one within 400 miles of me. I may actually get this one, it would make for a good road trip home. I also love the atomic silver.
JDR76 (02-16-21)
Old 02-16-21, 07:42 PM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

That sucks. Sorry TV that your vehicle was stolen. I can't stand people who take what others worked hard for.
Old 02-17-21, 01:25 AM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

triple LED is a must, it was how the GS was conceived.

JDR76 (02-17-21)
Old 02-17-21, 09:20 AM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry for your lose, should NEVER leave vehicle unattended and running! I was wondering why triple beam LED are so RARE or NON EXIST (maybe some people did conversion) on RWD GS model vs AWD. I only see them on AWD F sport model

Last edited by LSSAH; 02-17-21 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-17-21, 09:36 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I did post on some local crime threads, it was my own fault I ran into the gas station for two seconds to get a drink before work and left it running to warm up, wasn’t even in there a minute and they got in and took off. I had the keys, and it was low on gas so I’d imagine it can’t be too far but it’s been 2 1/2 weeks and I haven’t heard anything and I’ve kept my eye out for it. Apparently tons of Lexus’ have been stolen around Minneapolis the last few weeks, it seems to be an organized thing. My insurance is giving me more than what I paid for it so at this point I’d rather just get another than keep waiting without a car.
The gas station did not have a camera that picked up who stole it/car being stolen? If so is there a description of who stole it, what about camera's along the route the person took. Unfortunately the police may not do a thorough job looking for the car, they have other things to deal with especially in Minnesota, it may take some asking around, asking about camera's in locations along the route it was taken.
Old 02-17-21, 09:38 AM
Lend0
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I’d say call the police but I see you’re in MN
The following 2 users liked this post by Lend0:
Astrokat (02-18-21), Neil64 (02-19-21)
Old 02-17-21, 09:47 AM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Be really sure you can live with that red interior.
Old 02-17-21, 02:04 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

I did call the police and there were cameras I told them to look at but who knows if they looked into it. My insurance claim guy said he’s been dealing with more theft cases than he ever has, I think they’re just overwhelmed with them. I will have to see the red interior in person, my gf thinks it’s too bright and prefers the darker red on the pre refresh GS. Flaxen is my preferred interior but it seems to be a lot rarer on the newer GS.

Quick Reply: GS was stolen, deciding what to buy next