GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Invidia Q300 vs Borla S-Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-21 | 12:44 PM
hypt0nix
Driver School Candidate

Default Invidia Q300 vs Borla S-Type

Hey guys,

I was trying to buy an axle-back for my 2013 GS350 F Sport to get a more aggressive sound and was trying to see what you guys recommend from experience or just word of mouth. I heard the Borla S-Type and I love it but I can't find any videos of just the Invidia Q300 axle-back. I'm thinking of buying the Borla S-Type but I also want to know if the Invidia Q300 is a good buy since it's nearly half the price. I want a nice deep and louder sound but also no cabin drone.

Thank you guys in advance!
Old 03-17-21 | 03:22 PM
GSDon
Driver School Candidate

There’s no question that you get what are you pay for in the Borla is quality. It produces the sound that you want without the annoying drone and sounds fantastic on our car. It’s not over the top and it’s not underwhelming at the same time. Perfect blend. You won’t be disappointed.
Old 03-17-21 | 03:32 PM
hypt0nix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSDon
There’s no question that you get what are you pay for in the Borla is quality. It produces the sound that you want without the annoying drone and sounds fantastic on our car. It’s not over the top and it’s not underwhelming at the same time. Perfect blend. You won’t be disappointed.
Yeah, I just placed an order on a website I barely found and really excited! Everyone is out of stock and backordered on the 11935s at the moment apparently.
Old 03-18-21 | 08:59 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

We'll be getting more Borla on 4/4, if they don't have it, feel free to reach out to us.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-18-21 | 09:08 AM
hypt0nix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
We'll be getting more Borla on 4/4, if they don't have it, feel free to reach out to us.

-Josh
Hey Josh,

I emailed you guys asking the cost and how long shipping would take but still didn’t get a response. Can you PM me the answers? Thank you.
Old 03-18-21 | 09:33 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by hypt0nix
Hey Josh,

I emailed you guys asking the cost and how long shipping would take but still didn’t get a response. Can you PM me the answers? Thank you.
Weird. Must've slipped through the cracks, we check mail and spam.

Text me 213 394 2886.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-20-21 | 08:47 PM
Charcos916
Driver

Originally Posted by hypt0nix
Hey guys,

I was trying to buy an axle-back for my 2013 GS350 F Sport to get a more aggressive sound and was trying to see what you guys recommend from experience or just word of mouth. I heard the Borla S-Type and I love it but I can't find any videos of just the Invidia Q300 axle-back. I'm thinking of buying the Borla S-Type but I also want to know if the Invidia Q300 is a good buy since it's nearly half the price. I want a nice deep and louder sound but also no cabin drone.

Thank you guys in advance!
I actually had the Invidia q300 Axel back installed a week ago. I spoke with a invidia representative who told me that they are realising a ca legal mid pipe with a catalytic converter to go with the Axel back this summer. I'm waiting for that currently. As far as just the Axel back it's kind of quiet and isn't overly loud. If it's not your car you won't even notice a difference. If it is your car and your drive it everyday you will notice it's slightly deeper. I have a k and n intake and it's still pretty quiet.
Old 03-25-21 | 06:00 AM
NeilN
Rookie

I went with the Invidia primarily because of the low cost (and my ability at the time to get it for wholesale price.) it’s a nice looking and easy to install system, took about 30 mins. The sound is subtle, I can tell a difference but it’s a bit underwhelming. I knew almost immediately that I was going to have to get a mid pipe also if I wanted to get the sound I’m looking for. I’ve never heard the borla so I can’t speak to that one.
Old 03-25-21 | 08:10 AM
kuzumi
Driver

My Q300 is amazing! I'm used to sports car exhausts so the very slight drone doesn't bother me. It sounds very throaty and aggressive throughout the RPMs
@NeilN It sounds superb with the midpipe
The following users liked this post:
NeilN (03-25-21)
Old 03-29-21 | 04:05 PM
cabello
Driver School Candidate

If you get the Borla Post some vids, please. I want it for my 2016 GS but I don't want a drone and really not loud.
Old 03-29-21 | 06:19 PM
GSDon
Driver School Candidate

I have this clip but this was through a tunnel in downtown Chicago. I also have an intake upgrade so that enhances the sound. This is the best combination in my opinion. I’m 57 years old and I certainly don’t want drone on the highway around town.
The following users liked this post:
cabello (03-29-21)
Old 03-29-21 | 06:41 PM
cabello
Driver School Candidate

I recently installed an HPS intake tube, solely for looks for its Post MAF. I am eager to listen to your Borla cat-back setup.
Old 03-29-21 | 07:19 PM
GSDon
Driver School Candidate

It’s actually axel back; not catback. Did the video clip not load?
Old 03-29-21 | 07:26 PM
cabello
Driver School Candidate

axel back! yes, that's right. no, it didn't load. product + Installation here in Houston it's going to run $800
Old 03-29-21 | 09:00 PM
GSDon
Driver School Candidate

I’ve tried to upload the video but it’s been unsuccessful. If you wanna send me your email I try to send it that way

Quick Reply: Invidia Q300 vs Borla S-Type