GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

The small things

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-21, 03:56 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default The small things

So after almost a year of ownership, i just noticed that when using radar cruise control, the little icon of your car, if the car automatically brakes, the break lights on the little icon light up as well!

Blew my mind when i saw it happen! Such a little touch, they certainly put a lot of thought into all this.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (07-14-21)
Old 07-14-21, 04:37 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts

I don't have radar cruise control. This sucks! That does it, I am selling mine Actually, cool feature that probably goes unnoticed. Enjoy!
Old 07-14-21, 04:55 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

I also love that it shows a car in front of yours when it detects a vehicle in front of you!
I'm sure radar cruise has come a long way in 9 years but it's great on the motorway.
Old 07-14-21, 06:52 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Haven't turned mine on yet, guess I need to!
Old 07-14-21, 08:37 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Do u have a pic of this? I don't think the US Spec has this. We have the radar cruise but not the brake light thing.
Old 07-14-21, 09:37 AM
slvrcrz
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

i wanted radar cruise so bad lol, im considering trading in one that has one, i heard its not worth retrofitting them.
Old 07-14-21, 10:14 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by slvrcrz
i wanted radar cruise so bad lol, im considering trading in one that has one, i heard its not worth retrofitting them.
Better trade it in than messing with it man, it will never be as good as factory installed.
Old 07-15-21, 04:17 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Do u have a pic of this? I don't think the US Spec has this. We have the radar cruise but not the brake light thing.
In Australia, it seems most of the GS's come fully optioned, eg: we dont have an option to have ML audio or not, they all just come with it. I was surprised after joining this forum just how many settings are optional. The brake light thing is pretty hard to see, even when im looking out for it, it kinda blurs into the rest of the image, its very subtle.

Some of the cars behaviors are interesting, eg: radar cruise control will only slow you down to 40kph after which it will beep and then its up to you to brake, however in an emergency braking scenario (where you are approaching a stopped object really fast and the car starts beeping and alerting you like crazy) it will slow you down to 20kph and then its up to you to brake from then. I dont get why it doesnt slow to 20kph as standard.

Some other features that i didnt notice for ages include the little grocery bag hanger hook in the boot and all the little led light strips at various places in the interior, very subtle but make for a nice touch. The 'thingy' inbetween the center console and the seats are just pure genius!
Old 07-15-21, 08:41 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Do u guys get the all speed cruise control too for 2016+ GS?

This is how mine looks. No brake lights thing.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 07-15-21 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-15-21, 01:06 PM
Mattside
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Do u guys get the all speed cruise control too for 2016+ GS?

This is how mine looks. No brake lights thing.

Same here. No brake lights or car icons pop up... I did extensive testing today.
Old 07-15-21, 01:29 PM
thallium
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoJango
In Australia, it seems most of the GS's come fully optioned, eg: we dont have an option to have ML audio or not, they all just come with it. I was surprised after joining this forum just how many settings are optional. The brake light thing is pretty hard to see, even when im looking out for it, it kinda blurs into the rest of the image, its very subtle.

Some of the cars behaviors are interesting, eg: radar cruise control will only slow you down to 40kph after which it will beep and then its up to you to brake, however in an emergency braking scenario (where you are approaching a stopped object really fast and the car starts beeping and alerting you like crazy) it will slow you down to 20kph and then its up to you to brake from then. I dont get why it doesnt slow to 20kph as standard.

Some other features that i didnt notice for ages include the little grocery bag hanger hook in the boot and all the little led light strips at various places in the interior, very subtle but make for a nice touch. The 'thingy' inbetween the center console and the seats are just pure genius!
Did you know that there is also a downward-facing light in the rearview mirror that lights the center console?
Old 07-16-21, 12:31 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

In Australia, it seems most of the GS's come fully optioned, eg: we dont have an option to have ML audio or not, they all just come with it. I was surprised after joining this forum just how many settings are optional.
It's interesting that we get pretty much everything the Americans don't... my 2012 Fsport has folding mirrors, radar cruise, rear wheel steering and HUD as standard....yet I don't have TPMS display or auto locking doors . I can only imagine the fruit the 450H Sports Luxury came with.
It should be said, in fairness the GS350 in the USA is cheap as - 350 Fsport money here buys a GSF there.

Some of the cars behaviors are interesting, eg: radar cruise control will only slow you down to 40kph after which it will beep and then its up to you to brake
This nearly caused me to write the car off the day I bought it.....the seller could have told me....
Old 07-16-21, 10:27 AM
BlueIS05
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattside
Same here. No brake lights or car icons pop up... I did extensive testing today.
No brake lights on my 2020 either...
Old 07-16-21, 11:44 AM
tomex77
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
It's interesting that we get pretty much everything the Americans don't... my 2012 Fsport has folding mirrors, radar cruise, rear wheel steering and HUD as standard....yet I don't have TPMS display or auto locking doors . I can only imagine the fruit the 450H Sports Luxury came with.
It should be said, in fairness the GS350 in the USA is cheap as - 350 Fsport money here buys a GSF there.

This nearly caused me to write the car off the day I bought it.....the seller could have told me....
What what? The 2017 does not come to complete stop if there's a car in front of you and you didn't brake?
Old 07-16-21, 01:42 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Ours do!

Quick Reply: The small things