GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pilot Sport All Season 4 or Pilot Sport 4S

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-21, 08:47 PM
Kroaker
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
The new Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 are $240 front and $280 rear with a 540 tire wear.
The Pilot Sport 4S, which I now have, are $307 and $355 with a 300 tire wear.
These are Tire Rack prices...

I will never track our '13 GS350 F Sport, 85K. We use the all the time. In Silicon Valley, the weather is, of course, wonderful.
I probably have 30K on the 4S right now... Love these tires. I will need new rubber before too long.

Your thoughts? I will keep this car until it rusts to pieces. And there is no rust around here...
Thanks in advance!
if you like the Pilot Sport 4S, get them again. You will only 2nd guess it if you go with the less sporty tires.
The following users liked this post:
JeffKeryk (02-15-22)
Old 09-23-21, 09:35 PM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 563 Likes on 330 Posts

Currently in this dilemma right now… I will most likely walk away with the PSAS4.

So many good tires for about the same price range…
JeffKeryk (09-24-21)
Old 11-11-21, 01:55 PM
asciarra21
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

My suggestion is to get the PS4S, my 3GS was fitted with the PS4AS just once and on a cold day I hit the brakes pretty hard and the tires did not grip as I expected and I nearly hit the car in front of me; yes the tires were up to temp as well. I never had that problem with the PS4 or the PS4S.

The confidence knowing that the PS4S tires in dry and wet are much better than the all seasons is enough for me.

Now if you will be driving in snow then the all seasons are a no brainer.

Best of luck with your decision.
Old 11-12-21, 05:22 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 526 Likes on 359 Posts

I ordered the Pilot Sport 4S today. Wheel Works (Firestone) gave me the Tire Rack price plus $100 off.
Including Lifetime Alignment of $179 and the governor's tax, it will be $1,605. Yikes baby!

I noticed the driver's side front tire was running on threads due to improper alignment. I think I got 30K which ain't bad for summer rubber.
I almost got the new All Season version, which woulda saved about $300, but what the heck.
asciarra21 (11-14-21)
Old 11-12-21, 07:06 PM
er34
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 194 Posts

I ordered the Pilot Sport 4S today. Wheel Works (Firestone) gave me the Tire Rack price plus $100 off.
Including Lifetime Alignment of $179 and the governor's tax, it will be $1,605. Yikes baby!

I noticed the driver's side front tire was running on threads due to improper alignment. I think I got 30K which ain't bad for summer rubber.
I almost got the new All Season version, which woulda saved about $300, but what the heck.
You are going to get an alignment done then right?
Old 11-12-21, 09:29 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Originally Posted by er34
You are going to get an alignment done then right?
Always. Wheel Works offers a lifetime alignment for $200; they gave me $20 off.
Old 11-14-21, 02:08 PM
asciarra21
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats great, you won’t regret the decision. Just go easy for the first few hundred miles to let the tires break in nicely. I usually go easy the first 500 miles but I’m ****.
And you got the lifetime alignment, very nice. I get that on every car I own.

As for the all seasons, Costco also had a bigger discount for them over the summer tires.

Maybe too many were manufactured and they need to move them, who knows.

Let us know how you like that rubber.
Old 11-16-21, 08:14 AM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Ordered Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus for my 2019 Genesis G70 AWD sport. Would do same for my Lexus if required tires. Problem is I have staggered set up and rear tires are back ordered available in January. Not sure if this applies to other sizes. These new Conti's are about $250 less for set of 4 than the Michelin ultra high performance all season tires but very comparable.
Old 11-16-21, 06:26 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 59 Posts

I have Michelins Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus and they offer a ton of dry and wet weather grip. I DO push my car and I was really impressed for All seasons. Coming from someone that always buys ultra high performance summers, opting for All seasons based off reviews.
Old 11-16-21, 06:55 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Originally Posted by tompass
Ordered Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus for my 2019 Genesis G70 AWD sport. Would do same for my Lexus if required tires. Problem is I have staggered set up and rear tires are back ordered available in January. Not sure if this applies to other sizes. These new Conti's are about $250 less for set of 4 than the Michelin ultra high performance all season tires but very comparable.
Sounds like great rubber! I have been watching the Michelins for 6 months or so, as I knew I was on borrowed time.
When Wheel Works had them available, I pulled the trigger.

Enjoy your beautiful G70!
tompass (11-17-21)
Old 12-23-21, 11:36 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Ressurecting this thread... running into this dilemma myself. 28K on the original Bridgestones, might have lasted longer if not for an alignment issue causing the front passenger side to go smooth on the outer edge. But otherwise I found the Bridgestone Potenza RE050s (I think) more than satisfactory. The overwhelming favorite has usually been Michelins, so I'm leaning in that direction, but also towards longer tread life, so the All Season 4s.

Lots of good feedback on the PS4S, but what about the All Seasons, especially in ride quality? Is there truly a noticeable difference between comfort and stiffness? What about noise level? Sunny South Florida so cold weather traction is not a consideration. In truth I prefer comfort and quiet over performance (stiffness), but traction and safety above all. Anyone chose the All Seasons and have feedback?
Old 12-23-21, 03:09 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
Ressurecting this thread... running into this dilemma myself. 28K on the original Bridgestones, might have lasted longer if not for an alignment issue causing the front passenger side to go smooth on the outer edge. But otherwise I found the Bridgestone Potenza RE050s (I think) more than satisfactory. The overwhelming favorite has usually been Michelins, so I'm leaning in that direction, but also towards longer tread life, so the All Season 4s.

Lots of good feedback on the PS4S, but what about the All Seasons, especially in ride quality? Is there truly a noticeable difference between comfort and stiffness? What about noise level? Sunny South Florida so cold weather traction is not a consideration. In truth I prefer comfort and quiet over performance (stiffness), but traction and safety above all. Anyone chose the All Seasons and have feedback?
Same here but only 22K on my stock Bridgestones but they all wear evenly. I'm leaning towards the Michelin All Season 4 too since in where I live the temp can dip into the 40s in the winter so I think AS tires would be a better choice.

I'm almost at the wear bar on the rears but I think it can go a bit more. Should u replace when u hit the wear bar or they're still safe to use?

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 12-23-21 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-23-21, 03:12 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm on Conti DWS06 (non-plus) almost 5k miles in ... no complaints performs beautifully and at much cheaper cost than Michelins
tompass (12-24-21)
Old 12-23-21, 04:39 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Went with the Pilot 4S over the All Season, for no particuliar reason except I liked them before.
I paid $1,600 all in including lifetime alignment at Wheel Works in Los Gatos, CA (near me).
They gave me the Tire Rack price. The tires are amazing.

The past 2 days have rained here in Silicon Valley, hurray!
I happened to drive on a very windy highway through the Santa Cruz Mountains, hwy 17. Anyone from around here knows what I am talking about.
The tires did fine in the wet weather.

I have to believe I would be happy with the All Season variant and coulda saved some scratch.
I am very happy with these tires. There is a reason they are rated so high.
Old 12-23-21, 05:00 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Are the 4S okay for under 50 degrees temp? My main concern is the summer tires become bricks in the winter.

Quick Reply: Pilot Sport All Season 4 or Pilot Sport 4S