2016 Lexus GS350 F Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-21, 05:52 PM
spiritdock
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 Lexus GS350 F Suspension

Hello Everyone,
A couple of months ago I had RSR Down springs installed. The car looks great but the ride is pretty harsh. I read reviews and most people suggested that the car should drive close to the OEM springs. Well, this is not the case for me. The ride is pretty harsh. I tend to drive long distances and comfort is kind of important to me. But at the same time, I hate the wheel gap with the OEM suspension.
So my question is this. Are there any other spring brands that are softer than RSRs? Something closer to OEM in terms of a ride and a mild drop (1-1.5in)

Thank you!

Old 10-19-21, 06:03 PM
initial
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Go with tanabes. I heard they were close to oem if not softer.
Also, I like your username and profile picture lol.
The following users liked this post:
spiritdock (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 05:59 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 246 Likes on 127 Posts

[QUOTE=spiritcock;11148192]Hello Everyone,
A couple of months ago I had RSR Down springs installed. The car looks great but the ride is pretty harsh. I read reviews and most people suggested that the car should drive close to the OEM springs. Well, this is not the case for me. The ride is pretty harsh. I tend to drive long distances and comfort is kind of important to me. But at the same time, I hate the wheel gap with the OEM suspension.
So my question is this. Are there any other spring brands that are softer than RSRs? Something closer to OEM in terms of a ride and a mild drop (1-1.5in)

Thank you!

I'm also on RSR Downs and have had them on the car for 4 years and could not tell the difference between OEM and them when they were installed and still cant. Ride is soft and not harsh at all. Have you checked you shocks, some have stated they started leaking post drop but I have not had that issue. FL is known for pretty good roads, are the roads bad where your located?
The following 2 users liked this post by TarmacSL3:
AJLex19 (10-20-21), thisguy_06 (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 06:54 AM
GSJ350
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Well when you lower a vehicle the by product of it is that your shock travel has decreased the distance the drop was. So it puts more pressure on the shock's to still perform the same duties as OE. I have a feeling your shocks are not in good shape and one of the reasons your ride has become harsher. Bring your air pressure down to around 32 to help a little but you will probably need to invest into some new shocks to correct the issue going forward.
The following 2 users liked this post by GSJ350:
AJLex19 (10-20-21), thisguy_06 (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 09:51 AM
spiritdock
Rookie

[QUOTE=TarmacSL3;11148387]
Originally Posted by spiritcock
Hello Everyone,

Thank you!

I'm also on RSR Downs and have had them on the car for 4 years and could not tell the difference between OEM and them when they were installed and still cant. Ride is soft and not harsh at all. Have you checked you shocks, some have stated they started leaking post drop but I have not had that issue. FL is known for pretty good roads, are the roads bad where your located?

I am in south FL so roads here not too bad. Another concern I have if the shop installed the right RSR. On the pictures they look red but mine are black with RSR logo on them. I was told that those are RSR downs, which should be closer to OEM than Superdowns.
Is there any way to verify if I have the right springs?
I had one of the shocks replaced by Lexus before I bought it. The others are not leaking. The car only had 50k on it.
Old 10-20-21, 09:55 AM
spiritdock
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSJ350
Well when you lower a vehicle the by product of it is that your shock travel has decreased the distance the drop was. So it puts more pressure on the shock's to still perform the same duties as OE. I have a feeling your shocks are not in good shape and one of the reasons your ride has become harsher. Bring your air pressure down to around 32 to help a little but you will probably need to invest into some new shocks to correct the issue going forward.

My shocks are not leaking and my car only has 50k miles on it. I keep my tire pressure at 32 all times.
I went with springs to avoid buying aftermarket shocks. Otherwise I would have gotten coilowers.
Old 10-20-21, 10:17 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 246 Likes on 127 Posts

[QUOTE=spiritcock;11148548]
Originally Posted by TarmacSL3

I am in south FL so roads here not too bad. Another concern I have if the shop installed the right RSR. On the pictures they look red but mine are black with RSR logo on them. I was told that those are RSR downs, which should be closer to OEM than Superdowns.
Is there any way to verify if I have the right springs?
I had one of the shocks replaced by Lexus before I bought it. The others are not leaking. The car only had 50k on it.
Also in South FL (Boynton Beach), mine are also Black but I think both the Downs and Super Downs are Black the only RSR Red springs I Think are on there Coilovers. You would know for sure if you were on Super Downs as its a significant drop and by the look of you picture your not on Super Downs.