GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 Lexus GS350 ECU Removal Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-21, 04:25 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 136 Likes on 69 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus GS350 ECU Removal Help [Any help appreciated]

I hope someone here will be able to help me out removing my ECU. Can someone send me a link to how to remove the ECU or was there a similar post regarding a 4th gen GS ECU removal? Any help is appreciated. I already located the ECU and began pulling some wires however, the clear bracket on top of the ECU I have no idea how to remove. Before continuing any further, I wanted to make a post to see if anyone could help. Thanks.

Last edited by Nunz; 11-07-21 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-07-21, 07:45 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Default Update: I just wanted to provide some pictures

Looks like it is connected to box

This is the piece I cannot for the life of me remove
Old 11-07-21, 12:44 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Hi, I had this problem also trying to remove because I did not want to break anything getting it out. Was trying to get my ECU out to get some info to send to D3 Performance for a ECU Performance tune. Ended up not needing to get it out because CL Member 00goobs sent them the info and we have the same year compatible ECU.

Why are you trying to get it out? To do what? Ask @00goobs how to remove he knows. He should see this soon to come along and help you out.
The following users liked this post:
Nunz (11-08-21)
Old 11-07-21, 02:02 PM
00goobs
Intermediate

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by 00goobs:
Im2bz2p345 (11-08-21), jgscott (11-07-21), Nunz (11-08-21)
Old 11-08-21, 06:08 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

I am actually mailing my ECU out today to D3 Performance for them to tune since I had an ECU issue with my GS that they are fixing. I ended up being able to remove the ECU after finding a similar ECU removal post for an ISF that used the same white wiring organizer that 00goobs showed below. I appreciate all of the help and love the guys at D3 performance for their help also.
Old 11-08-21, 06:09 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Thank you 00goobs for sending those pictures, I really appreciate all of your help!
Old 11-08-21, 08:30 AM
00goobs
Intermediate

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Nunz
Thank you 00goobs for sending those pictures, I really appreciate all of your help!
You're very welcome. Some of us love performance upgrades, so please share more info as you get more done.

If it helps, I was able to find a matching part number ecu on ebay and change the VIN then relearn the keys. So if you need a spare ecu while getting work done, it is affordably possible. Hehehe

Also, I have an RR Racing tune and hope to get the D3 software working on my 2013 F-Sport. I believe there is a bit to gain on the top end with mods and a tune.
Im2bz2p345 (11-08-21)
Old 11-08-21, 09:53 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 00goobs
You're very welcome. Some of us love performance upgrades, so please share more info as you get more done.

If it helps, I was able to find a matching part number ecu on ebay and change the VIN then relearn the keys. So if you need a spare ecu while getting work done, it is affordably possible. Hehehe

Also, I have an RR Racing tune and hope to get the D3 software working on my 2013 F-Sport. I believe there is a bit to gain on the top end with mods and a tune.
I am very tempted on pulling the trigger on another ECU, don't tempt me anymore lol. Are you the RWD 2013 F-Sport GS that D3 has been working with? I know a select few of us in the forum have worked with Dinesh regarding GS tunes. I love their tune on my 2015 GS w/ premium package. I currently have a Borla Axelback exhaust, TOMS ram air filter, and the D3 tune on my car. I am considering getting next, either a TOMS engine strut, RSR Down springs, or a set of 19in Forged F-sport rims that were offered in the 2013 model year as a catalog item. What are you running on your build?
jgscott (11-08-21)
Old 11-08-21, 03:11 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by Nunz
I am very tempted on pulling the trigger on another ECU, don't tempt me anymore lol. Are you the RWD 2013 F-Sport GS that D3 has been working with? I know a select few of us in the forum have worked with Dinesh regarding GS tunes. I love their tune on my 2015 GS w/ premium package. I currently have a Borla Axelback exhaust, TOMS ram air filter, and the D3 tune on my car. I am considering getting next, either a TOMS engine strut, RSR Down springs, or a set of 19in Forged F-sport rims that were offered in the 2013 model year as a catalog item. What are you running on your build?
This is interesting? So how long have you been talking with D3? I've been speaking with them about the 13 Tune for about a couple of months less than a whole year now. I have the Tune also not installed yet and was planning on installing this week. Talk to oo today and now I'm thinking I would need to send my ECU back too? Been mostly talking to Dennis who Dyno's the Tunes.

So am I understanding that you have 2 GS350's a 15 and a 13? And now have the Tune on the 15 already? Glad to see someone has it on a 14 - 20. Don't know why many other don't for what it does for that year car. I am trying to finish my 13 GS350 Performance Build with a few things incl Tanabe Cat back, Long Tube headers, custom Mid section with G-Sport Hi Flow cats, and some minor Performance Ignition and Intake Mods. Glad you posted to share about the Tune and your 13 GS. There is something strange here though I talked to oo about today and prior about the 3 Tune. I wont say it here though.

Keep us posted on what happened with your 13 ECU D3 Tune details. Its mostly just me and oo that we knew of who had been working with D3. When I saw you asking for help to remove I had a idea that was why. I actually will custom tune my car on a Dyno with the D3 Tune myself after I get all my other Mods installed. Be interesting to see what the 3 different 13's end up at all with the D3 Tune?
Old 11-08-21, 03:45 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
This is interesting? So how long have you been talking with D3? I've been speaking with them about the 13 Tune for about a couple of months less than a whole year now. I have the Tune also not installed yet and was planning on installing this week. Talk to oo today and now I'm thinking I would need to send my ECU back too? Been mostly talking to Dennis who Dyno's the Tunes.

So am I understanding that you have 2 GS350's a 15 and a 13? And now have the Tune on the 15 already? Glad to see someone has it on a 14 - 20. Don't know why many other don't for what it does for that year car. I am trying to finish my 13 GS350 Performance Build with a few things incl Tanabe Cat back, Long Tube headers, custom Mid section with G-Sport Hi Flow cats, and some minor Performance Ignition and Intake Mods. Glad you posted to share about the Tune and your 13 GS. There is something strange here though I talked to oo about today and prior about the 3 Tune. I wont say it here though.

Keep us posted on what happened with your 13 ECU D3 Tune details. Its mostly just me and oo that we knew of who had been working with D3. When I saw you asking for help to remove I had an idea that was why. I actually will custom tune my car on a Dyno with the D3 Tune myself after I get all my other Mods installed. Be interesting to see what the 3 different 13's end up at all with the D3 Tune?
I apologize, I was a bit vague in my last message. I only have a Liquid Platinum 2015 GS 350 AWD and it has been running the D3 tune since July. The tune made such a big difference in that car, I love it... just not the MPG from driving it hard all the time lol. The 2013 F sport forged rims I mentioned also can fit on my 2015 GS. My tune itself is not 100% custom to my car since I do not have extensive modifications... yet lol. Please keep me updated on your build!