GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pirelli P Zero

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-21, 08:39 AM
Dreamcast
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Pirelli P Zero

Anyone have experience with this tyre? I want a good performing tyre with decent comfort. PS4's are too expensive and current Black Friday sales have this tyre on special.
Old 11-25-21, 09:17 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,299 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Pirelli P Zero is a good summer (really warm/hot weather) tire, but becomes hard like a hockey puck and very dangerous when the temperature drops into the 40s. I would not think it should be a consideration for cool/cold weather areas.
Old 11-25-21, 03:07 PM
Dreamcast
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bclexus
Pirelli P Zero is a good summer (really warm/hot weather) tire, but becomes hard like a hockey puck and very dangerous when the temperature drops into the 40s. I would not think it should be a consideration for cool/cold weather areas.
Thanks for the feedback. It doesn't get nearly as cold as that in my parts. Average winter temperature where I am in Australia is 57F. Shopping for tires for this car is not easy. I don't want to ruin the comfort and ride quality but I also want decent handling performance.

The P Zero's are currently half price on promo so that's easily over $1000 saved compared to a set of Pilot Sport 4S. If they perform even up to 70% of the Pilot Sport 4S then I'm inclined to get them.
Old 11-25-21, 05:03 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,422 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Ill ad something. So a few years back it seems the Pirelli P Zero was the talk of tires for performance cars. Of late not much seen about them anymore. On cars like Porsche and other it was well respected as a tire. I'm guessing other Tire up'd their game in technology and it just kinda faded away.

I've seen many post on the different Lexus model here where people were definitely not very happy with that tire on their Lexus. After I post this someone may come long and post how well they have and like it. lol!

So if I missed it what are you putting on? The 18" Lux, F Sport 19", or 17 base base ( I think?) that some GS's have. I will agree with you about the Michelins being high cost, I was for years and years a Michelin Only Guy. But the last 2 Michelins I had only lasted me a year to a year and a half and I said that it. Price I don't mind, wear not so much. That is just to fast wearing for the money. I went over to the Pirelli P7 A+S Plus II. Ran as 18" on my ES350 and 18" on my 13 Gs350 until I upgraded to the 19" Sport wheels. Ran the P7 on all both 18" and 19". Just as good as the Michelin if not better and a 700 Treadwear rating.

So what GS and size are you looking for your car???
Old 11-25-21, 05:15 PM
Dreamcast
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
Ill ad something. So a few years back it seems the Pirelli P Zero was the talk of tires for performance cars. Of late not much seen about them anymore. On cars like Porsche and other it was well respected as a tire. I'm guessing other Tire up'd their game in technology and it just kinda faded away.

I've seen many post on the different Lexus model here where people were definitely not very happy with that tire on their Lexus. After I post this someone may come long and post how well they have and like it. lol!

So if I missed it what are you putting on? The 18" Lux, F Sport 19", or 17 base base ( I think?) that some GS's have. I will agree with you about the Michelins being high cost, I was for years and years a Michelin Only Guy. But the last 2 Michelins I had only lasted me a year to a year and a half and I said that it. Price I don't mind, wear not so much. That is just to fast wearing for the money. I went over to the Pirelli P7 A+S Plus II. Ran as 18" on my ES350 and 18" on my 13 Gs350 until I upgraded to the 19" Sport wheels. Ran the P7 on all both 18" and 19". Just as good as the Michelin if not better and a 700 Treadwear rating.

So what GS and size are you looking for your car???
I have 2018 GS350 F Sport RWD. I've heard some good things about the P7 but unfortunately I cant get them because they don't have the right size here in Aus.
Old 11-25-21, 05:55 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 284 Likes on 244 Posts

Treadwear numbers are set by the tire manufacture not the government. A 700 I. Pirelli vs. a 700 Michelin might not be the same
Old 11-25-21, 07:09 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,422 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Originally Posted by lexo98
Treadwear numbers are set by the tire manufacture not the government. A 700 I. Pirelli vs. a 700 Michelin might not be the same
Well aware of this.
Old 11-28-21, 12:04 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 557 Likes on 376 Posts

I guess I am partial to Michelin. You might consider the new PS4 All Season tires; I almost went with them.
I'm sure the Pirellis will be fine, weather permitting.
Good luck.
Old 11-28-21, 12:25 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 555 Likes on 403 Posts

I've been partial to Michelins too until my last set on my RX. I think the treadwear is in the 600 range and they're shot with 20k on them. I baby my tires, rotate at 5k and check pressure weekly and drive like an old man. I'm not really sure what I'll go with next. In the past any Michelin I had would dry rot before major tread loss. I must say, the Dunlops that came on my 18 GS with 12k have held up fantastic.