GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 Gs wind deflectors recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-22, 07:39 PM
Charcos916
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2014 Gs wind deflectors recommendations?

Anyone have a good wind deflector they can recommend. I want it to fit it good and not be a universal one. I saw some from weather tech for a little over $100 and Modinjapan has some for about $500 but seems like a lot to me. Links and pics would be greatly appreciate.
Old 01-13-22, 09:59 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

wellvisors, they look like the OEM ones, priced well below weathetech, and I love how they are attached to the car.

https://wellvisors.com/products/tape...th-chrome-trim

Old 01-14-22, 12:03 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Mod's are the OEM ones from Japan

I recommend the weather tech as they go in the window versus Well that go on the outside of the window
Old 01-14-22, 03:21 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
Mod's are the OEM ones from Japan

I recommend the weather tech as they go in the window versus Well that go on the outside of the window
i usually don’t like the one that attaches outside, but wells hooks into the door as well as double sided tape. I bought the weathertechs for my bmw, and it’s just too thick and never settled in correctly.
Old 01-14-22, 10:16 AM
JUTMSS32
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Charcos916
Anyone have a good wind deflector they can recommend. I want it to fit it good and not be a universal one. I saw some from weather tech for a little over $100 and Modinjapan has some for about $500 but seems like a lot to me. Links and pics would be greatly appreciate.
I just got the WeatherTech visors for my GS for Xmas. I like them. I also have them on my other 2 cars that my son and his mom drive, (2017 Corolla SE & 2013 Corolla S) They've been on those cars for years and we haven't had any issues with them. If you do get them for your GS I will share 2 issues that I had with mine to which both were resolved with a quick and simple fix.

First, the Windows Open message on the dash cluster would appear when I opened and closed the driver's side door after installation. Second, the safety feature of the automatic windows which responds to pressure so as to avoid having a child or dog etc. close themselves in the window, would activate on closing the window using the Auto-close feature of the window switch. This would result in the window being rejected and the point it gets to the visor and re-opening.

The Fix: Re-calibrate each window. Difficulty: Trained monkey level. Time: Approximately 1 minute.
Step 1: Use the window switch to open or close the window, (Depends on the window position when you start the process). Hold the switch without letting go until the window is all the way up/down and hold in that position for 3 or so seconds once the window is all the way up/down. Then do the reverse.
Step 2: Go to each other window and complete Step 1.

That's it, you're done! If done correctly this will stop the Windows Opened message from appearing and allow the windows to close properly using the Auto-close feature of the switch. It will take a week or 2 for the visors, window and window channels to settle-in and get used to each other. After that opening and closing the windows should work just about as smooth as you could expect. I also took this time to spray some Silicone in the window channels to allow smooth operation of the windows, less stress on the power window motors and to avoid the issue that some Lexus and other cars have had where the driver's door window would pop out of the channel, (This issue has nothing to do with window visors). It should also reduce the chance that the windows will freeze in the winter or stick in the hot summer.

This is the only picture I have since the visors have been installed. It was raining then and it's raining now. I'll try and get another shot from the front angle when I go out to the car later.

Last edited by JUTMSS32; 01-21-22 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Add image
Old 01-14-22, 11:23 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Charcos916
I have a set of used OEM ones with the chrome blacked out and PPF($150) on it since it was new.

I bought this from someone and never installed it. I'm willing to part with it. $400 includes shipping.

Old 01-15-22, 06:37 PM
Charcos916
Driver

Originally Posted by JUTMSS32
I just got the WeatherTech visors for my GS for Xmas. I like them. I also have them on my other 2 cars that my son and his mom drive, (2017 Corolla SE & 2013 Corolla S) They've been on those cars for years and we haven't had any issues with them. If you do get them for your GS I will share 2 issues that I had with mine to which both were resolved with a quick and simple fix.

First, the Windows Open message on the dash cluster would appear when I opened and closed the driver's side door after installation. Second, the safety feature of the automatic windows which responds to pressure so as to avoid having a child or dog etc. close themselves in the window, would activate on closing the window using the Auto-close feature of the window switch. This would result in the window being rejected and the point it gets to the visor and re-opening.

The Fix: Re-calibrate each window. Difficulty: Trained monkey level. Time: Approximately 1 minute.
Step 1: Use the window switch to open or close the window, (Depends on the window position when you start the process). Hold the switch without letting go until the window is all the way up/down and hold in that position for 3 or so seconds once the window is all the way up/down. Then do the reverse.
Step 2: Go to each other window and complete Step 1.

That's it, you're done! If done correctly this will stop the Windows Opened message from appearing and allow the windows to close properly using the Auto-close feature of the switch. It will take a week or 2 for the visors, window and window channels to settle-in and get used to each other. After that opening and closing the windows should work just about as smooth as you could expect. I also took this time to spray some Silicone in the window channels to allow smooth operation of the windows, less stress on the power window motors and to avoid the issue that some Lexus and other cars have had where the driver's door window would pop out of the channel, (This issue has nothing to do with window visors). It should also reduce the chance that the windows will freeze in the winter or stick in the hot summer.

This is the only picture I have since the visors have been installed. It was raining then and it's raining now. I'll try and get another shot from the front angle when I go out to the car later.
Thanks for the info I will definitely do that once I get them installed.
Old 01-19-22, 07:13 PM
Charcos916
Driver

I ended up buying the weather techs and oem lexus ones from Modinjapan. I like the price of the weather techs but I’m sticking with the lexus ones. They go all the way across and cover the small window in the back. The chrome trim will be vinyl wrapped to match my chrome delete. They feel more sturdy then the weather techs as well.

Last edited by Charcos916; 01-19-22 at 07:22 PM.