GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

iJDMToy Projector Fog Lights (F Sport)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-22, 06:10 AM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Default iJDMToy Projector Fog Lights (F Sport)

All, I've been reading through the numerous posts on installing fog lights on our F Sport GS's. There is tons of great info and I'll be using the "how-to" articles. Thanks in advance. My GS is a 2013 F Sport AWD. I can't say enough positive things about this forum. The info is priceless.

My question though is probably more in line with safety, rather than aesthetics. I'm looking at a few options/configs for fog lights and keep circling the same questions. If anyone can chime in with some advice, it would help a lot.

- The fog light garnish. There's the iJDMToy garnish for about $50, but I see scattered stories about fitment being terrible. Is it the fog or the garnish that has the fitment issue? Some suggest buying these from NigelJDMParts, but there's an issue and I'm not sure it's correct. $220 shipping to Ohio? Not sure if this is coming directly from Japan, but this is steep for a job that should be a couple hundred dollars. Does anyone have experience with the iJDMToy garnishes?
- 2012-2015 Lexus 4th Gen GS Sport Fog Light Garnish Set (nigel-jdmparts.com)

I'm considering factory halogen fog lights, but also LED. The LED options I'm looking at are not apples to apples.

13-15 Lexus GS350 GS460 F Sport Projector LED Fog Light Kit — iJDMTOY.com
- First cheaper option. Does anyone have these and am I'm going to blind oncoming traffic? They're cheap, don't seem to have a cut-off, but would probably be the most cut and dry installation. The original garnish won't be a factor.

2013-2015 Lexus GS 350 Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights (dynamicappearance.com)
- I'm also looking at these. They seem to have a nice cut-off, but I've also read that they'll burn your retinas. I don't want my car to look cheesy but would be willing to spend the money if anyone knows if they're worth it.

My GS is an early model 2013, so I don't believe the washer tank will be an issue. I haven't opened it up, but from other posts, it seems that issue started coming up only with the 15'-ish models. I could be wrong.

Finally, is there an all-in-one kit that's decent? iJDMToy has one with everything I'll need, but the fitment has me thinking quite a bit. I don't need the factory stalk and will use a switch. Other than mounting the push button switch between the seat heaters or next to the heated steering wheel button, etc, where else have people mounted these? Definitely don't want to cut holes but would like to be discrete and not make my Lexus look like a clown car.

Thanks All

Old 02-14-22, 02:29 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

I'd imagine there shouldn't be an issue with the iJDMToy fog lights or garnish - i've bought LED bulbs from them and the quality is very good. Our GS fogs sit low enough where its unlikely to blind other drivers, but if you drive around inclines/uphill then its possible you annoy some oncoming traffic. The nice thing about these is the fog assembly is built into the garnish so it saves you some work. Wiring is another story altogether obviously.

One route you could go is getting just the garnish from iJDMToy since the garnish fits into the bumper with clips. Then get OEM LED fogs which you know will be high quality and wont blind other drivers. SSL parts has the OEM LED fogs on eBay that came with 2014/2015 Lux pkg GS's here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132815148608, https://www.ebay.com/itm/132815139993. You go could buy from ssl-parts.com directly as well. Mylparts.com is another OEM reputable Lexus dealer that will have them (use code CL5 for 10% off).

The aforementioned fog assemblies should bolt into preexisting holes in the bumper and the lens itself obviously should fit through the garnish. I'm not sure if there would be any gaps with the iJDMToy aftermarket garnish though . You can genuine JDM garnishes directly from Japan but it will probably cost like 50 bucks to ship: https://lexusboutique.net/products/g...nt=36146533777

Note: I worked with another vendor japantunedparts to get small JDM items direct with good shipping rates - you would need to give them a call to shop around and see if they can beat lexusboutique.net.

Basically, if you go the OEM LED fog route and OEM garnish, it will cost you closer to $400 bucks and more work to do. A little less $$$ if you get aftermarket iJDMToy garnish and OEM fog assemblies. Much, much cheaper if you just go iJDMToy fog/garnish set.

There are also these for the GS:
Amazon Amazon

Some IS owners said the Winjet were a great value for the money (i have no personal experience with this brand however): https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...foglights.html

Last edited by AJLex19; 02-14-22 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-14-22, 04:36 PM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I'd imagine there shouldn't be an issue with the iJDMToy fog lights or garnish - i've bought LED bulbs from them and the quality is very good. Our GS fogs sit low enough where its unlikely to blind other drivers, but if you drive around inclines/uphill then its possible you annoy some oncoming traffic. The nice thing about these is the fog assembly is built into the garnish so it saves you some work. Wiring is another story altogether obviously.

One route you could go is getting just the garnish from iJDMToy since the garnish fits into the bumper with clips. Then get OEM LED fogs which you know will be high quality and wont blind other drivers. SSL parts has the OEM LED fogs on eBay that came with 2014/2015 Lux pkg GS's here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132815148608, https://www.ebay.com/itm/132815139993. You go could buy from ssl-parts.com directly as well. Mylparts.com is another OEM reputable Lexus dealer that will have them (use code CL5 for 10% off).

The aforementioned fog assemblies should bolt into preexisting holes in the bumper and the lens itself obviously should fit through the garnish. I'm not sure if there would be any gaps with the iJDMToy aftermarket garnish though . You can genuine JDM garnishes directly from Japan but it will probably cost like 50 bucks to ship: https://lexusboutique.net/products/g...nt=36146533777

Note: I worked with another vendor japantunedparts to get small JDM items direct with good shipping rates - you would need to give them a call to shop around and see if they can beat lexusboutique.net.

Basically, if you go the OEM LED fog route and OEM garnish, it will cost you closer to $400 bucks and more work to do. A little less $$$ if you get aftermarket iJDMToy garnish and OEM fog assemblies. Much, much cheaper if you just go iJDMToy fog/garnish set.

There are also these for the GS: https://www.amazon.com/Winjet-WJ30-0.../dp/B07G9NYL2D

Some IS owners said the Winjet were a great value for the money (i have no personal experience with this brand however): https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...foglights.html
Seriously man, this is awesome and exactly what I was looking for. I ended up buying the iJDMToy set (halogen) yesterday. I figured I would keep it as stock looking as possible, but mostly I didn't want to blind the **** out of on comers. For WinJet, they only make LED's for our GS's. They look like they have a cutoff point, but I can't verify. What I can eventually do is use the garnishes that come with the iJDMToy set and buy OEM LED's, but as far as fitment is concerned, I don't think it's the garnish that's the issue, but instead the actual fog housing. One guy on the IS forum said that the fix is to remove the factory brack (not even sure if I have one) and mount directly to the bumper cover. Honestly, for $140, it's not bad at all and I'm sure tons of engineering put into every Toyota part will keep me from blinding other. The Morimoto XB's seem to have a decent cutoff, but for $200, I'll buy OEM for less. Do you happen to know if the OEM fogs have H11 connectors? I guess it doesn't matter if I'm going to install an aftermarket harness.

The install shouldn't be an issue with the amount of tech literature on this site. I'm also a bit handy. I always know where to draw that line of what I should dive into and what I shouldn't.
Old 02-14-22, 08:44 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,113 Posts

One more option. I helped a friend install these in his F Sport. Not blinding at all. AJ was right about iJDMToy they seem to make some good light stuff.

https://www.protuninglab.com/lf-gs35...saAhEvEALw_wcB

A few more threads on it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-options.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...em-switch.html
Old 02-15-22, 04:03 AM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jgscott
One more option. I helped a friend install these in his F Sport. Not blinding at all. AJ was right about iJDMToy they seem to make some good light stuff.

https://www.protuninglab.com/lf-gs35...saAhEvEALw_wcB

A few more threads on it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-options.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...em-switch.html
This is great too. Thank you! The link you sent me seems oddly like CarID. Now that I have the halogen kit coming, I can swap it out after wiring it pretty easily :-)
Old 02-15-22, 08:34 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mtucci3
Seriously man, this is awesome and exactly what I was looking for. I ended up buying the iJDMToy set (halogen) yesterday. I figured I would keep it as stock looking as possible, but mostly I didn't want to blind the **** out of on comers. For WinJet, they only make LED's for our GS's. They look like they have a cutoff point, but I can't verify. What I can eventually do is use the garnishes that come with the iJDMToy set and buy OEM LED's, but as far as fitment is concerned, I don't think it's the garnish that's the issue, but instead the actual fog housing. One guy on the IS forum said that the fix is to remove the factory brack (not even sure if I have one) and mount directly to the bumper cover. Honestly, for $140, it's not bad at all and I'm sure tons of engineering put into every Toyota part will keep me from blinding other. The Morimoto XB's seem to have a decent cutoff, but for $200, I'll buy OEM for less. Do you happen to know if the OEM fogs have H11 connectors? I guess it doesn't matter if I'm going to install an aftermarket harness.

The install shouldn't be an issue with the amount of tech literature on this site. I'm also a bit handy. I always know where to draw that line of what I should dive into and what I shouldn't.
Yep - my 2013 non F sport has the standard H11 bulbs for the fogs. I replaced the stock bulbs with PIAA yellow halogen bulbs: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10270196

For the OEM LEDs that were on 2014/2015 lux pkg GS's, i think the LED is built into the fog assembly so there isn't a way to replace it.

Another option would be to do the same as I did with the kit you bought and just replace the halogen bulb iJDMToy provides with a quality aftermarket set of LEDs.

Last edited by AJLex19; 02-15-22 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-15-22, 11:06 AM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Yep - my 2013 non F sport has the standard H11 bulbs for the fogs. I replaced the stock bulbs with PIAA yellow halogen bulbs: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10270196

For the OEM LEDs that were on 2014/2015 lux pkg GS's, i think the LED is built into the fog assembly so there isn't a way to replace it.

Another option would be to do the same as I did with the kit you bought and just replace the halogen bulb iJDMToy provides with a quality aftermarket set of LEDs.
Thanks again I'm thinking I'll want the LED's now haha. At least they weren't too expensive. It was like $86 with a promo code.
Old 02-15-22, 11:50 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,113 Posts

So I'm confused. Which Kit did you get?
Old 02-15-22, 11:57 AM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jgscott
So I'm confused. Which Kit did you get?
I bought the halogen kit with the harness and garnishes from iJDMToy. I'm going to see how it all fits and take it from there. If it's not perfect, I'll take the bumper off and engineer it to fit correctly.

If it's off, it will bother me. What I was saying though, is that if I don't like the halogen kit, I'm already installing the garnishes and harness. All I would have to do is swap the light assemblies.

I'm also looking for a rocker switch that will fit a blank slot next to the TPMS reset button under the day for the fogs. I still need to measure it out but refuse to cut a hole anywhere on my car.
Old 02-15-22, 02:53 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mtucci3
I bought the halogen kit with the harness and garnishes from iJDMToy. I'm going to see how it all fits and take it from there. If it's not perfect, I'll take the bumper off and engineer it to fit correctly.
If it's off, it will bother me. What I was saying though, is that if I don't like the halogen kit, I'm already installing the garnishes and harness. All I would have to do is swap the light assemblies.
I'm also looking for a rocker switch that will fit a blank slot next to the TPMS reset button under the day for the fogs. I still need to measure it out but refuse to cut a hole anywhere on my car.
@mtucci3 do you know if you're able to swap the halogen bub in the iJDMToy housing for an LED bulb? That would be the more cost effective route if the halogens they provide aren't up to snuff...
Old 02-15-22, 03:08 PM
mtucci3
Intermediate

@mtucci3 do you know if you're able to swap the halogen bub in the iJDMToy housing for an LED bulb? That would be the more cost effective route if the halogens they provide aren't up to snuff...
I absolutely can. It looks like an OEM housing with an H11 halogen. I have an extra set of LED H11 bulbs from my Camry, but they're pretty bright. I'll have to see, but will post pics of a side by side.
Old 02-15-22, 11:03 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 280 Likes on 242 Posts

I thought the JDMTOY kit has options for LED
The following users liked this post:
mtucci3 (02-16-22)
Old 02-16-22, 09:10 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

I never got flashed with my yellow LED fogs - I wired them to the parking lights and had them on whenever I drove. They gave off great light, but it's dispersed wide and not aimed high so there's no issues.

If you don't want to cut the dash piece for a new switch, try to find one on ebay so you can hack one up with no worries. There's plenty of Toyota style switches on Amazon that you can install to help make it look more oem.
Old 02-16-22, 05:30 PM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IcyBishop
I never got flashed with my yellow LED fogs - I wired them to the parking lights and had them on whenever I drove. They gave off great light, but it's dispersed wide and not aimed high so there's no issues.

If you don't want to cut the dash piece for a new switch, try to find one on ebay so you can hack one up with no worries. There's plenty of Toyota style switches on Amazon that you can install to help make it look more oem.
I see a ton of Toyota style switches, but is there a spot in our cars where it can just snap in?
Old 02-17-22, 05:18 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

I think the only spots would be where the HUD and Heated Wheel button are. So if you don't have one of those options, that may be a spot. Those buttons are about half size of the "standard" toyota button - I never searched for those sizes so I'm not sure if they exist.
Along those lines - it may be possible to add a factory hud or wheel button and just wire it to a relay to turn the fogs on/off.

Quick Reply: iJDMToy Projector Fog Lights (F Sport)