GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-22, 04:35 PM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 401 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
Trust me i know my car better than you, car never had spark plug replacement gearbox oil change differential oil change etcs for the whole life and engine is in bad shape i dont want to replace it , i want to prevent for future issues and big repair bills thats why my topic is here, last onwner was simply driving without maintenance and thats all. I received the car with numerous errors in the dash etc...
Take a picture looking down the oil fill hole. I want to see how bad it is. It will be obvious. Either clean aluminum and cam gears or sludge. Simple, take a picture. It is worth a thousand words.
Old 04-02-22, 04:39 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Trust me i know my car better than you, car never had spark plug replacement gearbox oil change differential oil change etcs for the whole life and engine is in bad shape i dont want to replace it , i want to prevent for future issues and big repair bills thats why my topic is here, last onwner was simply driving without maintenance and thats all. I received the car with numerous errors in the dash etc...
Your car doesn't need the spark plugs replaced - EVER. Your spark plugs will last 20 years without losing any performance or fuel economy. The ONLY reason the spark plugs are recommend to be replaced is to continue to maintain the factory emission warranty. Your transmission fluid is not recommended to be replaced - EVER. Your differential gear oil is not recommended to be replaced - EVER.

Your engine is not in bad shape - it is most likely in excellent condition.

Whatever CEL errors your car once had when you first received it are gone now, right?

You're worrying about stuff you don't need to worry about. Quit being a chronic complainer and thinking something bad is going to happen. You're a borderline self-made psychopath! That's what you need to worry about - that you're making yourself a mental case.

Last edited by bclexus; 04-02-22 at 04:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
ItzFilyO (04-02-22), joedaddy1 (04-22-22)
Old 04-02-22, 05:57 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Places where i change my parts doesnt allow me to enter, or take pictures i dont do DYI jobs, i am not compentent enought , i dont want to be ripped off thats why we have this forum here.
I use only expensive shops and they charge me a lot for labour..

Due to Stupid UPs carrier which doesnt exist in bulgaria and their stupid franchiche my delivery with parts is lost so i made some scandal
and i expect they to find my parts in week or 2 they decided to loose my parts + my phone number and my adress.. i made big scandal and i am really pissed off i already expect to receive differential oil , gearbox oil genuine , antifreeze pink genuine , and also about the engine oil i still have not decided,
For now i will be using 0w 40 if i can find shop which allow me to take pictures i will i dont have equipment to service the car by my self and i am not a mechanic .
Old 04-02-22, 06:19 PM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Places where i change my parts doesnt allow me to enter, or take pictures i dont do DYI jobs, i am not compentent enought , i dont want to be ripped off thats why we have this forum here.

Due to Stupid UPs carrier which doesnt exist in bulgaria and their stupid franchiche my delivery with parts is lost so i made some scandal
and i expect they to find my parts in week or 2 they decided to loose my parts + my phone number and my adress.. i made big scandal and i am really pissed off i already expect to receive differential oil , gearbox oil genuine , antifreeze pink genuine , and also about the engine oil i still have not decided,
For now i will be using 0w 40 if i can find shop which allow me to take pictures i will i dont have equipment to service the car by my self and i am not a mechanic .
Can you open the hood? Do you know where the oil fill cap is? That's all it takes. This is not an engine swap. Either you are part of the solution or not.
Old 04-02-22, 07:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I think you should have bought a plug in All Electric car.

Only maintenance you would have is to plug the charger in.
Old 04-02-22, 08:38 PM
Gr8
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Is it me or this dude posts a question about his 450h every few weeks, ignore the responses fellow CLers post, gets all hissy pissy, leaves, just to come back to post another new question about his 450h, yet again?

Just checking to make sure I am not totally 100% insane. 😄
The following 5 users liked this post by Gr8:
bclexus (04-03-22), greys0uled (04-22-22), Im2bz2p345 (04-04-22), Knucklebus (04-03-22), NJLEXES (04-05-22)
Old 04-02-22, 08:39 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
I think you should have bought a plug in All Electric car.

Only maintenance you would have is to plug the charger in.
He will be back here saying the battery oil hasn't been changed in 6 years and needs to be changed.
Old 04-02-22, 08:39 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gr8
Is it me or this dude posts a question about his 450h every few weeks, ignore the responses fellow CLers post, gets all hissy pissy, leaves, just to come back to post another new question about his 450h, yet again?

Just checking to make sure I am not totally 100% insane. 😄
Every week.
Old 04-02-22, 08:44 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
Ah, power racing oil with double ester technology!
Da hell is double ester? Will it increase horsepower? 1000HP?
Old 04-02-22, 10:27 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Hey Guys lets be nice. Don't start acting like me.
Old 04-03-22, 03:41 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by bclexus
Your car doesn't need the spark plugs replaced - EVER. Your spark plugs will last 20 years without losing any performance or fuel economy. The ONLY reason the spark plugs are recommend to be replaced is to continue to maintain the factory emission warranty. Your transmission fluid is not recommended to be replaced - EVER. Your differential gear oil is not recommended to be replaced - EVER.

Your engine is not in bad shape - it is most likely in excellent condition.

Whatever CEL errors your car once had when you first received it are gone now, right?

You're worrying about stuff you don't need to worry about. Quit being a chronic complainer and thinking something bad is going to happen. You're a borderline self-made psychopath! That's what you need to worry about - that you're making yourself a mental case.

This is called 000 maintenance
even on my manual gearbox i change my oil,
this thing sealed for life is marketing lie,
i have worked as diagnostic for many different brands 15 years ago at BOSCH.
But its your car if you like never change even your tyres i have friends which are using same tyres for 10-15-20 years no problems at all, should all be the same? I dont think so.
According to manual gearbox and transmission needs to be changed the oil in europe when u look into the service maintenance for the car let me show you

Here is example this is called service maintenance for 105.000km
here is what european dealership not in BG, do
Automatic gearbox oil. With severe use replace every 90,000 km.
Rear differential oil (API GL-5).
Oil, engine oil filter and sump plug gasket
Health Checkup and Hybrid Checkup
engine air filter
High efficiency air conditioning filter (GS 450h /300h / 250, from 2012)
Air conditioning filter.
Brake fluid.

let me again remind you that i was certificed Robert Bosch diagnostic person in year 2009.
And i already restored several classical cars, etcs.
So in order you dont understand the above things - dealership will change your automatic gearbox oil and differential oil in period of time depends in your years and milleage may be in usa they dont change anything i dont know this is From Official LEXUS dealership in Germany from where i got this information.
I have alll the mainence for every km until 200.000km,
at some km you need also to change battery fluid cooling yes, i know people dont do it but i will do it!

i cant afford fully electric car.
Old 04-03-22, 03:54 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 175 Likes on 135 Posts

This is my question. Why did you buy this car if you knew the oil wasn’t changed? I actually would applaud Lexus for building a car that still ran after not changing the oil for so long and so many miles (KM’s). You would think in that time, the oil level would have basically gone dry, seeing how it is acceptable for cars to use up to a quart of oil every 2000 miles or so. Don’t worry, be happy, you are saving the environment by using lifetime oil.

Do all GS’s have rear differential oil? I thought only the AWD ones did. Sorry for that noob question, it is early…..
Old 04-03-22, 04:03 AM
bladest
Instructor

Hi there i bought the car because i think its great car. Seat comfort brakes etcs... engine power fuel consumption hybrid is mine. Night vision camera etc, lifetime oil is scam from my previous experience i change it always at max 100.000miles when i received the car oil level was under the minimum. Coolant level same story etc.. i bought car. Because i like it but i never managed to see it before , it was bought online from other part of the world so i never manage to see the car in person only few pictures. Car has not been the cheapest it was in the middle
Old 04-03-22, 05:39 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hues10
This is my question. Why did you buy this car if you knew the oil wasn’t changed? I actually would applaud Lexus for building a car that still ran after not changing the oil for so long and so many miles (KM’s). You would think in that time, the oil level would have basically gone dry, seeing how it is acceptable for cars to use up to a quart of oil every 2000 miles or so. Don’t worry, be happy, you are saving the environment by using lifetime oil.

Do all GS’s have rear differential oil? I thought only the AWD ones did. Sorry for that noob question, it is early…..
The GS is a RWD vehicle so they all have a rear differential. Only the AWD has the front differential.
Old 04-03-22, 07:25 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

i dont do DYI jobs, i am not compentent enought
And i already restored several classical cars, etcs.
You're not competent to do your own DIY but you are competent to restore several classic car? Do you not restore engines during a whole vehicle restore?

Sorry, I joined the party late. I'm sorry but 6 years without an oil change is already causing damage to the engine. Incase you didn't know, oil becomes acidic after so long. Changing the oil out immediately, doesn't make it better and back to 100% health.

Quick Reply: 6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please