GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-22, 03:00 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have not fooled anyone i think you never read my messages...
in the pictures you showed this is only toyota
Please start reading what i write.

There are no LEXUS dealership, all of these are Toyota they dont have people who have been in training for lexuses
they can fix your toyotas only, and if you read bg forums , most people are not happy from these places.

If you dont believe me you can use google translate https://www.lexus.bg here is bg site do you see anywhere into the site which shows lexus service or something there is nothing like that.
If you compare these toyota dealers to uk official lexus dealerships showroos repair services and everything its night and day.

None of the dealership where i have been ever saw gs 4th generation and specially full package with all of the options since these cars was never sold here in Bg.
They can sale you 2 brand new sedans with order for half a year or more imported, like ES and Ls and thats it .
Last time i have been with toyota sofia dealership they doesnt have transpit plate even to test toyota cars.

I can call that fake dealership.
There is only 1 showroom where you can buy limited cars right now you can pre order https://www.lexus.bg if you go to model u can pre order es/ls and thats all sedans you can pre order,
in their web site thers is never service,
there is not dedicated lexus service
and in the whole country they dont have even dealer plates, all of this is gimmick if you compared it to germany/uk or usa showrooms and service centers...
photos you showed are old.

I personally live in Sofia and i bet you never been there, to argue,

they even doesnt have most of lexus/ toyota stuff so i need to order them from abroad.
here is the order i received today...

Old 04-05-22, 12:23 AM
Lead Lap

Received 779 Likes on 528 Posts

I will have to disagree. Lexus as a car brand is established in BG. The dealership floor is real and not shared with Toyota. How they get the cars in is not for debate - sure they are imported but are to the BG spec including language and gps mapping.

They don’t just sell the ES and LS. They offer RX, NX and LC with full price list and trim options.

The Toyota service centre is listed by Lexus.bg to service Lexus vehicles. The photos being old just proves that they have been serving the Lexus brand.

Now your opinion that they are fake and don’t have parts, or don’t know how to service a Lexus - that is just an opinion. I’m not here to debate your opinion.

The cabinet you have shown are just Toyota fluids. They sell that at the Toyota service centre. There are no Lexus specific fluids.

Your old 2012 GS hybrid is nothing special that can’t be serviced by the same people who work on LC500h and Rx450h.

Old 04-05-22, 02:14 AM
bladest
Instructor

Again you never been in Bulgaria, so you dont know,
if you own maserrati for example will you go to small fiat dealership when there have 000 training to fix your car or if you own Ferarri ?
When i call lexus bg over phone no one replies same with the email same with toyota stealerships in Sofia,
You are wrong again i buy everything from abroad here is my 1st invoice.

Old 04-07-22, 04:33 AM
Lead Lap

I have provided evidence while your statements are circumstantial at best. I’ll leave it at that.
Old 04-07-22, 04:56 AM
bladest
Instructor

You never been in BG, u never serviced car, here and you never lived here i can tell same opinion regarding USA,
without any knowledge just by guessing and visiting usa online sites...
Old 04-07-22, 07:02 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 187 Posts

Why don't you ask all this in a local forum, then?
The following 3 users liked this post by Lwerewolf:
bclexus (04-09-22), Gr8 (04-07-22), Im2bz2p345 (04-07-22)
Old 04-08-22, 08:08 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bladest
You never been in BG, u never serviced car, here and you never lived here i can tell same opinion regarding USA,
without any knowledge just by guessing and visiting usa online sites...
irrelevant to the photographic evidence which all originated from BG, inside the service centre. People living in BG took those, of hybrid Lexuses much newer than yours being serviced by a Lexus authorised service centre in Sofia.

I also have the full price list with all models and options being sold from Lexus BG. Again debunking your statements.
The following 3 users liked this post by 703:
bclexus (04-09-22), bloodbean (04-09-22), Im2bz2p345 (04-12-22)
Old 04-09-22, 02:35 PM
bladest
Instructor

Most lexus owners i knew here use independent shops because for several reasons,
first you need to wait few months to book a hour with toyota,
2nd they doesnt do anything,some customers complained over bg toyota forum, they payed for something and it was never been done , and finally , there is a big difference between toyota dealerships in bg, for example in capital prices are 3-4- times higher compared to other smaller cities...
simply an oil change at capital price is around 120$ for labour only.
you can find price at about 40$ at small city toyota dealership.. and you dont need to wait 2-3 months...
and the final thing is they are not lexus certified so chances to not do anything for your car right is big, since they are not trained , they never worked on most lexus models since market here is non existing....

If you have everything show me price list for BG for my GS450h with all the options including night vision.
i doubt you will be able to show anything since it was never offered..
I would not say things for dealership which doesnt exinst , for country i never been and claim things...
Old 04-09-22, 06:13 PM
Astrokat
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think there is frustration in the thread, but the answer is very simple. You received the car that went 6 years w/o an oil change, and you changed the oil when you received it. The question is if there is anything in addition you can do to prevent engine damage and the answer is no. If there is any damage, it’s already done. Are there additives you could use to thin out some of the sludge, maybe. There are tons of YouTube videos of people trying to restore cars where oil hasn’t been changed for 20-30k miles where oil came out in chunks, but no consensus on if those cars went on to see 100-200k miles. The solution was more complex then pouring a magic solution into your car, and you may risk damaging your engine more.
Old 04-09-22, 06:29 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 187 Posts

So what you're saying is, a car that's been specced the same for the WHOLE LHD EU (& world) market was NOT offered with night vision over here because...

...supposedly you couldn't find one over here with that option? (or perhaps it was a bit too unreasonable....?)

...and that there are no new Lexii being driven over here? (never mind like, say, the infrared LC500 next to my office, or the innumerable SUVs, or the IS/GS hybrids, or the even more plentiful LS's?)

Kinda like me saying the APSSS (active sway bars, meh) for the 3rd gen was never offered over here - well, spoiler alert - nobody bought it over here (miiiight have something to do with the runflats & removal of spare tyre) and almost (if not) nobody specced it worldwide.

The ONLY pre-2007-ish* Lexus model that's not been offered here and has been offered in other EU countries is the LFA.

*Toyota Bulgaria started representing the Lexus brand around that time, AFAIK.

And no, I can't be bothered to look up the brochure. The statement that a night vision option hasn't been offered in a certain country of the EU market, given that they share the same certification standards, and that mostly all EU cars were made to order in the Tahara/Motomachi plants, is well beyond ridiculous. Also, owners of brand new GS's sure were scared of a $120 oil change. Like, just the oil costs $97 equivalent (~167BGN at 25BGN/liter for a reasonably high-end oil or genuine oil at dealer markup)...

AAAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS, back to the original question:

-Change consumables acoording to service intervals.
-No car survives 100k+ km without an oil change without any signs whatsoever (like, for example, the oil that you're taking out being more of a sludge, and there being no oil whatsoever on the dipstick). Well, actually, some do, but they're called heavy duty trucks with bypass filters and slightly differently specced oil (and LOTS of it).
Old 04-21-22, 01:47 AM
Lead Lap

The title is just a click bait.

an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Specially the oil change or there lack of.
The following 3 users liked this post by 703:
bclexus (04-21-22), Im2bz2p345 (04-21-22), NJLEXES (04-21-22)
Old 04-21-22, 01:55 AM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bladest
I would not say things for dealership which doesnt exinst , for country i never been and claim things...
There is no requirement to physically be in a country to state facts about said country. Do you think a cartographer need to have visited every country in the world to draw a world map in detail? Living in a country does not automatically make you authoritative for the country on any subject matter.

Back on topic. I have yet to see how Lexus doesn’t exist in Bulgaria, which you have claimed where brand registration and physical store show otherwise.

The following users liked this post:
bclexus (04-21-22)
Old 04-21-22, 03:32 AM
bladest
Instructor

The topic is not bait, a lot of people due to chip shortage sale their junk cars and people who doesn have extremely big amount of cash like you , get them.
If you dont like my topic and you think they are bait you are free not to write inside them.

Yes lexus doesnt exist in bulgaria,
take a look into germany
uk or other country they have dedicated lexus service, not toyota for toyota yaris,
they have better service agreement etcs....
here we dont have dedicated lexus service, we can use toyota , and imagine a lot of people are with yaris and you need to wait few months to book a appointment, and non trainer and non qualified person to fix your car.

Take a example usa/uk / germany or other country you book appointment in lexus service very few cars there, and they have specialy trainer people who have seen and worked on these cars...

if i use your example i better go to bmw or mercedess dealership to service my car i will get better service compared to toyota.
Old 04-21-22, 10:07 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

This thread got me scratching my head for so many reasons...so many...

1. You can't prevent any damage that was already done, it's called maintenance to prevent any damage which the previous owner decided to neglect
2. Your oil type should be on the oil cap
3. You can check the condition of your engine by looking into the engine after removing said cap (I'm willing to bet it's sludged up and would be surprised if it manage to drive)
4. The car not having oil changes in 6 years is a red flag, why would you buy it? No matter how much you like the vehicle that was a huge red flag
5. You still didn't post pic of inside your engine through the oil fill, does your mechanic not have a phone?

I still can't believe the path this thread has taken
The following users liked this post:
NJLEXES (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 01:01 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
This thread got me scratching my head for so many reasons...so many...

1. You can't prevent any damage that was already done, it's called maintenance to prevent any damage which the previous owner decided to neglect
2. Your oil type should be on the oil cap
3. You can check the condition of your engine by looking into the engine after removing said cap (I'm willing to bet it's sludged up and would be surprised if it manage to drive)
4. The car not having oil changes in 6 years is a red flag, why would you buy it? No matter how much you like the vehicle that was a huge red flag
5. You still didn't post pic of inside your engine through the oil fill, does your mechanic not have a phone?

I still can't believe the path this thread has taken
Your talking to a wall with this guy.
The following 3 users liked this post by peasodos:
bclexus (04-22-22), Knucklebus (04-22-22), NJLEXES (04-22-22)

Quick Reply: 6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please