GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-22, 02:05 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Even without an oil change for 6 years, oil has been topped i guess, because with miles cars consume oils, here in europe and in BG, specially are holidays into the moment, if everything works according to the plan car will be returned to me today ,but we will see.... so i can post pictures, and mehanic is not mine, its far away from me.
Old 04-22-22, 09:00 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 187 Posts

If your car consumes oil and has only ever been topped up, the oil that's left in won't be oil anymore - it'll be somewhere between sludge & tar (read: worse than bubble gum).

So, once again - are there ANY symptoms? You had one before, you had a GS350 before, is there ANYTHING off? Fuel consumption, knocking sounds, metal shavings in the oil, whatever? Does it even have the startup knock high mileage 2GRs are known for (worn VVT-i actuator lockers)?

If I sell you mine, will you say that it hasn't had an oil change in 5 years & 220k km since that's the last time an official dealer saw it?

No, cars here don't regularly consume oil, unless it's a model known for such things - plenty of BMWs, VAG engines with low tension liners, so on. I have a 3ZZ (pretty much a destroked 1.6l 1ZZ) Corolla that I was driving like an idiot at 10k km OCIs with Mobil super 3000 off of the supermarket - 0.5l consumption per OCI with trash oil and no mercy on the car whatsoever. Manufacture date is before the updated pistons. Yes, some cars burn oil but you'd be beyond surprised how neglected most of those are/were. "Just rolled into the shop" type of stuff.
The following users liked this post:
bclexus (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 12:14 PM
Lead Lap

Received 779 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
The topic is not bait, a lot of people due to chip shortage sale their junk cars and people who doesn have extremely big amount of cash like you , get them.
If you dont like my topic and you think they are bait you are free not to write inside them.

Yes lexus doesnt exist in bulgaria,
illogical. Chips shortage have driven consumers to hold on to their cars longer which means they get better maintained.

chips shortage didn’t happen 6 years ago.

Hypothetically, let’s say you’re right, why did you buy a junk car then? According to you, the GS is high mileage, no oil change for 6 years, been towing for 200k miles, not serviceable by Lexus BG, makes funny ticking engine noises, has warning lights, consumes oil, been sitting in the dealers lot for 1 year, being a hybrid, concerns around batteries life and cats being stolen.

Whether I like your topic or not is irrelevant to me posting. On the same token, if you are not open to any line of thoughts other than your own, why are you even posting in the first place?

Last edited by 703; 04-22-22 at 12:26 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 703:
bclexus (04-22-22), Im2bz2p345 (04-22-22), NJLEXES (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 12:21 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Why are we even still responding to this anyway? He doesn't listen to anyone's advice and never will. He asked all these questions and when someone replies he would just argue with everyone.
The following 4 users liked this post by ItzFilyO:
bclexus (04-22-22), Im2bz2p345 (04-22-22), Neil64 (04-22-22), NJLEXES (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 12:25 PM
Lead Lap

Received 779 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Why are we even still responding to this anyway? He doesn't listen to anyone's advice and never will. He asked all these questions and when someone replies he would just argue with everyone.
I find it fascinating 😀 and so many holes in this stories. Like claiming to have subscribed to TIS but still need to ask the forum for parts.

Last edited by 703; 04-22-22 at 12:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 703:
bclexus (04-22-22), ItzFilyO (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 02:57 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Hey at least its not another F Sport Brake thread.
Old 04-22-22, 02:59 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Hey at least its not another F Sport Brake thread.
U want another one? I'll create one for u.
Old 04-22-22, 03:07 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
U want another one? I'll create one for u.
Just give it a min, save yourself the typing. I have Immunity so would not be surprised if by the end of the day...........

The 4th Gen GS leads CL in holding the record for brake threads started in record time. now, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! There are still a Ton of F Sport squeaky Brakes out there as we speak.
Old 04-22-22, 04:18 PM
bladest
Instructor

Default cap pictures and proof from missing 6 years oil change.

Hi everyone, sorry for my delayed reply, i got some issues with the car today i have been in several service /station for car repair, places.
So they charge me a lot of money, so i guess previous owner topped the oil.
For 200.000miles car never had any replacement it even have original genuine car battery from year 2012.

I hope someone of you will never walk in my shoes, to see how hard and complex is to deal 1 person with 1000 isues with car brand which doesnt exist in the country,car stopped starting today and it have a lot of errors...
on my oil cap it doesnt show any oil type so i can use my preference 5w 30.

i dont know how to upload pictures to the forum so i uploaded them over link please check them out where u can see my oil cap and under the oil...

also u can check out my car battery which is year 2012 i think...
https://postimg.cc/gallery/NKr8f6h
i also provided my car dealership service history i have, so since year 2016 my car doesnt have any maintenance records and trust me its been never serviced.

Car is still with original tyres from year 2012 dunlop sport something...
original battery,
original brakes
original shocks original suspension previous owner was very stupid and lazy person, he never have done any maintenance to the car so never differencial oil change or gearbox oil change ,also car is producing strange noises etcs...
right now when i start car it goes off, it have a lot of errors i also uploaded all of the error codes...
here , in case someone can help me how to fix them , i payed 100$ to be diagnosed by professional today..

For haters i can say that exellent car will cost at least 30-40 .000 euro in europe with same specs and low mileage and full deallership records etcs...
All of this is due to chip shortage so prices are artificially increased.
For people who think my topics are bait trust me they are not i will not loose my time and others people time to write over forums....
i simply have issues with the car and i try to fix them the best way i can,.

i bought this junk car because i like it i am not mehanic or pro repair shop,
car has been bought without been seen from many miles away...
i have no idea how many miles car towed and i dont care about this anymore but i am concern about engine damage or other issues i may have due to not been changed oil on time,
i am grown man i dont like to argue.

About Tis, i dont have ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION,

Please tell me what these errors mean and how to fix them,
https://postimg.cc/gallery/gcxzycH

Last edited by bladest; 04-22-22 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-22-22, 06:16 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Your car appears to have been serviced regularly through 2016, then no further records were kept which is very common, especially after the warranty expires. No further records after 2016 is by no means an indication there was no further servicing after 2016.

16,548 - 02-07-2013
31,963 - 08-06-2013
45,650 - 02-03-2014
64,692 - 01-26-2015
79,125 - 07-17-2015
94,741 - 06-10-2016

The underside of your oil cap looks good. Inside the oil fill hole looks normal. Your engine has not been damaged because it is clear the car has been serviced regularly. You are worrying yourself to death over absolutely nothing.

Your car appears to be a typical used vehicle that was serviced and recorded while still under warranty, then no records were kept thereafter which is very common. Chances are your car will be running just as good in 2035 as it does today.

Please stop this psychopath madness!

Last edited by bclexus; 04-22-22 at 06:26 PM. Reason: grammar
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (05-01-22)
Old 04-22-22, 06:31 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by bclexus
Your car doesn't need the spark plugs replaced - EVER. Your spark plugs will last 20 years without losing any performance or fuel economy. The ONLY reason the spark plugs are recommend to be replaced is to continue to maintain the factory emission warranty. Your transmission fluid is not recommended to be replaced - EVER. Your differential gear oil is not recommended to be replaced - EVER.

Your engine is not in bad shape - it is most likely in excellent condition.

Whatever CEL errors your car once had when you first received it are gone now, right?

You're worrying about stuff you don't need to worry about. Quit being a chronic complainer and thinking something bad is going to happen. You're a borderline self-made psychopath! That's what you need to worry about - that you're making yourself a mental case.
Your car appears to have been serviced regularly through 2016, then no further records were kept which is very common, especially after the warranty expires. No further records after 2016 is by no means an indication there was no further servicing after 2016.

16,548 - 02-07-2013
31,963 - 08-06-2013
45,650 - 02-03-2014
64,692 - 01-26-2015
79,125 - 07-17-2015
94,741 - 06-10-2016

The underside of your oil cap looks good. Inside the oil fill hole looks normal. Your engine has not been damaged because it is clear the car has been serviced regularly. You are worrying yourself to death over absolutely nothing.

Your car appears to be a typical used vehicle that was serviced and recorded while still under warranty, then no records were kept thereafter which is very common. Chances are your car will be running just as good in 2035 as it does today.

Please stop this psychopath madness!
Unfortunately i cannot agree with you,
car battery has never been replaced,shocks, rear dif or gearbox oil was well, brakes as well, 99% of the things in the car are in terrible and bad shape...
even the headlights, they are burned from the sun...
car gives a lot of error codes as well, because its perfect like you said so,
i used today road side assistance in order to bring perfect car back to the space where it lives...
because its in great shape,
according to mehanics, oil has not been changed as well several service stations confirmed and previous owner used cheap oil to top it up, also tyres are from year 2012 10 years old, do this sounds like good maintenance no treads left on them so its dangerously to use them.
Old 04-22-22, 06:52 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately i cannot agree with you,
car battery has never been replaced,shocks, rear dif or gearbox oil was well, brakes as well, 99% of the things in the car are in terrible and bad shape...
even the headlights, they are burned from the sun...
car gives a lot of error codes as well, because its perfect like you said so,
i used today road side assistance in order to bring perfect car back to the space where it lives...
because its in great shape,
according to mehanics, oil has not been changed as well several service stations confirmed and previous owner used cheap oil to top it up, also tyres are from year 2012 10 years old, do this sounds like good maintenance no treads left on them so its dangerously to use them.
Yep, your car is a worthless piece of crap. You were foolish to purchase the junker. Chances are good it will totally fall apart on you within 6 months. I just hope you are able to sell the damn thing for scrap metal, or to some other fool before it drives you (and us) totally crazy...
Old 04-22-22, 06:58 PM
bladest
Instructor

For now i dont plan to sale the car, i will fix it, only the things that really needs fixing, but i am afraid about engine/gearbox/differencial/tracktion battery i think these are the most critical things which are in bad shape...
if my car battery dies in the middle of the road, is there a way to drive the car ?
Can the car be driven with bad car battery i can get jump starter ?
Old 04-22-22, 07:16 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

For now i dont plan to sale the car, i will fix it, only the things that really needs fixing, but i am afraid about engine/gearbox/differencial/tracktion battery i think these are the most critical things which are in bad shape...
if my car battery dies in the middle of the road, is there a way to drive the car ?
Can the car be driven with bad car battery i can get jump starter ?
It sounds like a piece of crap junker to me. Who 'in their right mind' would even own such a car? Oh, wait!
Old 04-22-22, 07:21 PM
bladest
Instructor

It sounds like a piece of crap junker to me. Who 'in their right mind' would even own such a car? Oh, wait!
MY wife recently separed from me so thats the only great memory i had from her , i mean we have choosen the car together, so we have same great taste.
People call me crazy for a reason.

Quick Reply: 6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please