GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-22, 08:16 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Taste is subjective.

Oil cap and the part under the oil cap look fine.

We can't say a thing without hearing those "weird noises", so either provide material (video recording & explanation of what exactly is weird) or we can't say anything. You may have noticed that people have already kinda given up anyway, but you can certainly try to be more informative.

Usually almost nobody services/swaps shocks until they're completely blown, at least on consumer vehicles. Doesn't mean that they don't deteriorate (look it up yourself, can't be bothered explaining only to have nothing reach the intended... destination).

Suspension - unless you wanna spend like 10k eur replacing every single rubber part (i.e. pretty much every single alu suspension component... and alu means $$$$$$)... don't touch it unless there's an ACTUAL issue. At most - change the front lower control arm big bushings, which have been documented for all concerned platforms - 2IS/3IS/3GS/4GS. I run GS-F LCAs, IS-F rear subframe bushings (yes, I dropped it lol) and full polyurethane on the rear. Surprise, surprise - the rear was completely fine, I was just crazy.

Errors:

TPMS - missing sensor data. Two seem gone? Fix later, not critical.

ABS - C1242 - can be caused by bad aux. battery. I'd go with that first, ESPECIALLY if the car brakes just fine when turned on.

All other codes:
-They are all marked as "history" - happened in the past sometime. They're also all conveniently Uxxxx errors (lost comms with whatever ECU) - could be that somebody forgot to connect something somewhere and started the car up, could be a drained aux battery event at some point, etc. Bottom line is - don't worry about them, clear them if you want, doesn't matter.

I'd check the aux battery first. In case it needs replacement - note the size, note the shape (including the lack of protrusions at the bottom), note everything, because the GSh (both 3rd and 4th gen) has a... very unique battery for Europe. It's supposed to be an AGM but a regular 12v will work just fine - the OEM spec is AGM since it's in the cabin and an AGM won't spill in case of a rollover accident.

Why exactly did you have to call roadside assistance? Car wouldn't move or something else?

Why did you have to wait 3 months for a car from Latvia?

I'd replace the tyres RIGHT AWAY if they have zero thread. By the way, bad/old tyres is a surefire way of spotting a not-so-well-taken-care-of vehicle, as everybody knows.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (05-01-22)
Old 04-23-22, 04:16 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Car battery is 10 years old should it be replaced or not? Also brakes are gone, waiting for the car because of shipping people, car starts but after few seconds its dead thats why was used roadside... not sure if its related to batteries
Old 04-23-22, 04:36 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 545 Likes on 396 Posts

You should get another 10 years out of that battery. No reason to replace it.
Old 04-23-22, 04:42 AM
bladest
Instructor

I just charged it yesterday on my ac/dc charger so its full but it doesnt hold a charge...
Old 04-23-22, 04:47 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 545 Likes on 396 Posts

Keep trying, eventually it will be good as new.
Old 04-23-22, 04:51 AM
bladest
Instructor

in my next new life it will be yes.
Old 04-23-22, 06:34 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,560 Posts

moderator edit

Bclexus
exit this thread and place bladest on your ignore list so there are no future conflicts. This trolling needs to end.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-23-22 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-23-22, 09:52 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
Car battery is 10 years old should it be replaced or not? Also brakes are gone, waiting for the car because of shipping people, car starts but after few seconds its dead thats why was used roadside... not sure if its related to batteries
Replace the 12v battery in the trunk, it's almost completely dead. That itself will fix a lot of your problems. The car can't operate or start without the 12v battery. STOP trying to forcibly charge the hybrid battery when you NEED to replace the 12v.

My original 12v lasted 7 years, your lucky to get 10 years.
Old 04-23-22, 11:16 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Just to reiterate, finding a compatible (in terms of form factor) 12v right now is very difficult over here.

Original hybrid batteries are known to last 10+ years - it definitely should be changed by that point, but hybrids are notoriously easy on them... and notoriously tolerant of 12v battery degradation - up to the point when the dash lights up for every possible error listed in the database
Old 04-23-22, 11:20 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
Just to reiterate, finding a compatible (in terms of form factor) 12v right now is very difficult over here.

Original hybrid batteries are known to last 10+ years - it definitely should be changed by that point, but hybrids are notoriously easy on them... and notoriously tolerant of 12v battery degradation - up to the point when the dash lights up for every possible error listed in the database
I put in a bigger AGM battery than factory, had to modify the battery retainer so it can fit. Any 12v AGM battery that fits will work.
Old 04-23-22, 11:39 AM
bladest
Instructor

i charged my battery last night, but today battery is around 25% life left
Old 04-23-22, 01:51 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Whatever the **** this is supposed to mean, I guess.
Old 04-23-22, 01:54 PM
bladest
Instructor

It means battery is old and exhausted , unfortunately it needs to be replaced i dont know how to modify the tray to fit agm battery. i think original battery for europe is lead acid not agm.
Old 04-23-22, 02:26 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bladest
It means battery is old and exhausted , unfortunately it needs to be replaced i dont know how to modify the tray to fit agm battery. i think original battery for europe is lead acid not agm.
Just put a new 12V battery in the truck. Doesn't matter agm or lead acid.
Old 04-23-22, 02:26 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
I put in a bigger AGM battery than factory, had to modify the battery retainer so it can fit. Any 12v AGM battery that fits will work.
I have been thinking about doing this too. I always use a larger and higher cca battery. Is the 450h battery placement and tray the same place and like the GS350?

Quick Reply: 6 years no oil change gs450h advice me please