GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Fuse Panel 'Decoding' - 2019 GS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-22 | 10:48 AM
Spacehog
10th Gear

Default Fuse Panel 'Decoding' - 2019 GS350

Hello everyone,

I've spent a few hours lurking around the site but haven't gotten lucky yet in finding an answer as specific to what I'm looking for so I hope y'all don't mind the call for help. I'll 'bullet point' it as briefly as I can.

2 pics attached for reference.

There are 3 wires from a dash cam I'm looking to install:
Black - Ground
Yellow - Power/Hot all the time
Red - Accessory-on power only (a.k.a. 'Switched Power' only)

1 - Black wire's easy. I'm good on that.
2 - There's at least one empty slot in the fuse block which is hot all the time for the yellow wire as verified with my test light so good on that too.
3 - ?
I'd love a full decoding of the martian-ese dialect that labels the fuse box cover but I'd still be happy if anyone even simply knew which fuse would be the best pick for accessory-only power (acc +).

Some of the descriptions I think I can guess at but not sure about the rest (majority) of them. It'd be nice to know what they ALL mean so a best-decision can be made for which circuit to install an 'add-a-fuse' for the cam's acc-only power.

Also, to be specific, I'll be hooking up what's known as a Power Magic Pro unit to the fuse box with the dash cam itself going to the PMP box. Reason for installing the PMP box in between the fuse block and dash cam itself is because the PMP has a switch on it which allows for completely disabling parking mode. If the Blackvue is connected directly to the car w/o the PMP box installed, there's no way to completely disable parking mode within the dash cam menu. As per call to Blackvue, the camera's menu is not designed with the option to completely kill parking mode. Rather, you're forced to select a timer/low voltage mode from within the menu which I don't want. I simply want to kill parking mode completely.

Camera: https://shop.blackvue.com/product/dr750x-3ch-plus/
PMP unit:

So, in short, which fuse for the acc+ yellow wire?

Also, any recommendations for the best brand add-a-fuse (like this:
Amazon Amazon
). I believe the '19 GS350 takes the low profile mini. There are so many 1-star complaints on Amazon about the cheapies they sell which break, don't fit right, etc.

Thanks to everyone for help. No problem with buying a round at the pub if I ever run into any of you. Hopefully I can help out as well with something once I'm a little more intimately familiar with the car.
Let's just hope I don't set off the side pillar air bag when running the cables.. : p

Driver side under dash

Cover
Old 04-07-22 | 11:54 PM
Robertcave
Pit Crew

I used the wiper fuse works perfect mind thats in the UK
Old 04-08-22 | 09:54 AM
Spacehog
10th Gear

Thanks. After Googling many of the position descriptions, I was thinking either the wipers (Wiper) too or the sunroof (S/Roof). I might go for the sunroof just in the event the dash cam blows the circuit for any reason. I'm assuming the S/Roof should be hot only with the car's ignition on but will check with test light to be sure. If not, the Wiper fuse will be my 2nd choice.
Thanks again.