GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus gs450h safety vest location?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-22, 11:28 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lexus gs450h safety vest location?

Hi everyone i am having trouble locating my safety vest on gs450h i located fire extinguisher triangle first aid kit but safety vest i cant find, where is this secret location of this safety vest its yellow vest where each vehicle have since new,previous owner never used it and dont know the location.
Old 04-26-22, 12:17 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

In a dwelling located around isolated areas of rocks, mountains, or caves.
The following users liked this post:
bclexus (04-26-22)
Old 04-26-22, 12:26 PM
bladest
Instructor

Can you please provide real answer, because i looked almost everywhere front/center of the car back / and trunk ..
Old 04-26-22, 12:30 PM
MuaGS350
Pit Crew

Received 163 Likes on 68 Posts

I dont think there would be a "secret" compartment for it by itself.

If you have an emergency kit: "Lexus Emergency Assistance Kit helps drivers handle minor emergency situations and repairs. It includes items from booster cables to work gloves, plus essential emergency supplies such as pliers, wire cutters, screwdrivers, a reflective poncho, and a flashlight."

Heres the link to the kit: https://parts.lexusofsilverspring.co...T42048160.html

If you must have one, just get one off amazon or ebay...problem solved.

Old 04-26-22, 12:32 PM
bladest
Instructor

I have simular kit, but mine includes only triangle, fire extinguisher ,and first aid kit. Everything else i dont have... and i have some gloves...
Old 04-26-22, 12:47 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

disregard...

Last edited by bclexus; 04-26-22 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-26-22, 12:54 PM
bladest
Instructor

Not exactly, agencies / sales people who took all the cash + comission.
This is what i mean from previous owner, but they dont have a clue they told me to look around front seats but i found no one , i looked into front seats/back seats pockets/ all the glove boxes left and right... under the seats, trunk, rear seats but i have found nothing i also took around sub of mark levinson and again nothing.
i dont know even the name of previous owner.
So the car doesnt have standart location for all of these equipments i have seen for some cars there is special places like rear boot lit or something , i have such a bag but without safety vest, i have my spare wheel, floor jacket etcs..
I was thinking car have dedicated area for vest but i dont manage to find any information.
Old 04-26-22, 01:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

It's in a tiny envelope, it's more of a cheap single use reflective poncho than a big safety vest.

If you are really concerned about not having a safety vest in your car just get one for a couple bucks and stick in the bag. I don't think it's a bad investment given the history of your GS and the likelihood you will break down and get stranded somewhere.
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
bclexus (04-26-22), Im2bz2p345 (05-01-22)
Old 04-26-22, 01:06 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

We always take a couple bottles of whiskey for snake bites...and a snake.
bclexus (04-26-22)
Old 04-26-22, 01:11 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
It's in a tiny envelope, it's more of a cheap single use reflective poncho than a big safety vest.

If you are really concerned about not having a safety vest in your car just get one for a couple bucks and stick in the bag. I don't think it's a bad investment given the history of your GS and the likelihood you will break down and get stranded somewhere.

Thanks for the advice for all of these i got gloves + triangle ,fire extinguisher and first aid kit and thats it, all others are gone unless there is hidden space into the boot lit, on the right side i saw mark levinson class d amp on the left i saw car battery which mine is 10 years old, in the middle i have spare tyre again nothing around it, and some hooks.
I wanted to have safety vest with / lexus/toyota badge on it but if i dont have it i will probably buy some random one just in case
or other options is to transfer from one of my classical cars over here one but it wont again have the lexus badge .
My bag looks simular to the bag from the photos
On my triangle it shows toyota genuine parts made in china other things dont have lexus badge.
Old 04-26-22, 01:23 PM
Lead Lap

Received 779 Likes on 528 Posts

The original owner probably have thrown it out. People who drive a brand new Lexus GS in Latvia don’t change their own tires. They make a phone call, it’s part of the Lexus concierge service.

Old 04-26-22, 01:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by bladest
Thanks for the advice for all of these i got gloves + triangle ,fire extinguisher and first aid kit and thats it, all others are gone unless there is hidden space into the boot lit, on the right side i saw mark levinson class d amp on the left i saw car battery which mine is 10 years old, in the middle i have spare tyre again nothing around it, and some hooks.
I wanted to have safety vest with / lexus/toyota badge on it but if i dont have it i will probably buy some random one just in case
or other options is to transfer from one of my classical cars over here one but it wont again have the lexus badge .
My bag looks simular to the bag from the photos
On my triangle it shows toyota genuine parts made in china other things dont have lexus badge.
No offense intended, you've got a lot more serious and pressing issues to deal with on your GS450h than worrying about having a cheap disposable safety vest with a Lexus logo on it.

In terms of safety, I think you should get one since IMO you are highly likely to be stranded by your car should you be able to drive it. But don't spend time looking for a genuine vest - your GS isn't a numbers-matching collectors vehicle to worry about that sort of stuff.
The following 3 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
bclexus (04-26-22), bloodbean (04-29-22), Im2bz2p345 (05-01-22)
Old 04-26-22, 01:31 PM
bladest
Instructor

I dont have subscription to road assistance so they charge me a lot ... i also dont have concierge service assistance... is Concierge service transfered ?
From country to country?
Old 04-26-22, 01:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

No, you don't get it transferred. Typically get with a new vehicle or CPO purchase, which yours isn't.

If you say you don't have a Lexus dealer in your country, there is no possible way you could expect this. I'd invest in some sort of roadside service though with your car's sketchy history for sure.
bclexus (04-26-22)
Old 04-26-22, 01:38 PM
Lead Lap

Received 779 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
your GS isn't a numbers-matching collectors vehicle to worry about that sort of stuff.
depends, if the GS ends up not being drivable and all you can do is to look at it, you would want all original matching accessories to look at as well. 😀
Hues10 (04-27-22)

Quick Reply: Lexus gs450h safety vest location?