GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-22, 08:27 PM
TurnerS
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Seat

Hello everyone I’m not quite sure if this has been answered but I was looking into upgrading my base seats to the f sport/ luxury package seats. I have a 2013 with grey interior which I understand is relatively rare. Has anyone done this and what kind of work would it take if even possible? Is it even worth it? Thanks hope everyone has a great night!
Old 04-28-22, 12:05 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by TurnerS
Hello everyone I’m not quite sure if this has been answered but I was looking into upgrading my base seats to the f sport/ luxury package seats. I have a 2013 with grey interior which I understand is relatively rare. Has anyone done this and what kind of work would it take if even possible? Is it even worth it? Thanks hope everyone has a great night!
I upgraded my base seats to Luxury seats in my 2013 450h:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ispreloading=1

It cost me $1350 shipped to my door for the lux seats in flaxen. I forget exactly but I got at least $950 for my base seats. It took me 1.5 years to find luxury Flaxen seats at a reasonable price with shipping.

It was 100% worth it, my butt hurt after a couple hours on the base seat. The luxury seat is softer and has a lot more adjustment, my butt never hurt again, it was noticeably much more comfortable. You also need the correct ac amplifier to get the rear seat controls to work.

I eventually got a 2014+ AC amplifier for my 450h so front seats are auto heated/cooled and rear seats are auto heated, 3 zone climate control.

Last edited by peasodos; 04-28-22 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-28-22, 06:00 AM
TurnerS
Driver

Originally Posted by peasodos
I upgraded my base seats to Luxury seats in my 2013 450h:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ispreloading=1

It cost me $1350 shipped to my door for the lux seats in flaxen. I forget exactly but I got at least $950 for my base seats. It took me 1.5 years to find luxury Flaxen seats at a reasonable price with shipping.

It was 100% worth it, my butt hurt after a couple hours on the base seat. The luxury seat is softer and has a lot more adjustment, my butt never hurt again, it was noticeably much more comfortable. You also need the correct ac amplifier to get the rear seat controls to work.

I eventually got a 2014+ AC amplifier for my 450h so front seats are auto heated/cooled and rear seats are auto heated, 3 zone climate control.
great to know I already have heat/ ventilation. So hopefully that saves me some work I intend to just get the driver and passenger seats I’m not as concerned with the rear but that would definitely be greta to have all. For the most part they were plug and play ?
Old 04-28-22, 01:13 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

great to know I already have heat/ ventilation. So hopefully that saves me some work I intend to just get the driver and passenger seats I’m not as concerned with the rear but that would definitely be greta to have all. For the most part they were plug and play ?
Yes it's plug and play. I took it a step further and wired the passenger door memory buttons on the passenger door panel. I also wired LS seat controls on the side of the passenger seat so the driver can easily adjust the passenger seat position.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-buttons.html

Old 04-28-22, 04:17 PM
00goobs
Intermediate

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Yes it's plug and play. I took it a step further and wired the passenger door memory buttons on the passenger door panel. I also wired LS seat controls on the side of the passenger seat so the driver can easily adjust the seat...
I love this feature! I like having both my front seats in a similar position......
OP, I would trade my F-sport Flaxen front seats for a decent racing seat set if you were in Tx.....
Old 04-28-22, 08:14 PM
TurnerS
Driver

Yes it's plug and play. I took it a step further and wired the passenger door memory buttons on the passenger door panel. I also wired LS seat controls on the side of the passenger seat so the driver can easily adjust the passenger seat position.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-buttons.html

what are the function of the luxury seat I can’t remember all of them?
Old 04-28-22, 11:57 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

what are the function of the luxury seat I can’t remember all of them?
  • 18-way power front seats (F-sport has 16 way adjustable driver seat, 10 way adjustable passenger seat, base model only has 10 ways adjustable front seats)
  • Semi-aniline leather (softer than the standard leather)
  • Lexus Memory System for front-passenger seat
  • Three-zone automatic climate control
Below is everything included in the Luxury package.

LUXURY PACKAGE
(Includes all GS Premium Package equipment) + Drive Mode Select adds Sport S+
mode // Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) // 18-inch split-nine-spoke alloy
wheels with Superchrome finish // Semi-aniline leather interior trim // Linear
Espresso wood interior trim // Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel //
18-way power front seats // Lexus Memory System for front-passenger seat //
Three-zone automatic climate control // Rear-door manual sunshades //
Adaptive Front Lighting System // LED foglamps

The rear seat passengers get all the fancy controls, makes the GS more like a baby LS

Last edited by peasodos; 04-29-22 at 12:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bloodbean (04-29-22)

Trending Topics

Old 03-14-23, 12:54 PM
oraine16
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@peasodos Hey hopefully you're still around. I've been doing some of the mods you've done and I've gotten an 18way seat from a 2015 GS but only the original base movements work. I don't think even heated seat works but ventilation works. All I get are clicks when hitting the other buttons.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295537165673
Old 03-14-23, 02:14 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oraine16
@peasodos Hey hopefully you're still around. I've been doing some of the mods you've done and I've gotten an 18way seat from a 2015 GS but only the original base movements work. I don't think even heated seat works but ventilation works. All I get are clicks when hitting the other buttons.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295537165673
That's not the 18 way lux driver seat with semi-aniline leather. It's a 16 way f-sport driver seat. From this car:
https://en.bidfax.info/lexus/gs/1616...9fa000619.html

Should be plug and play, it was for me. This is were checking techstream would be helpful.
Old 03-15-23, 06:55 AM
oraine16
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh thanks, I'll get my tech stream up and running and check it out. Also, my car came with auto seat heater by default even tho the button wasn't there and I had to disable it in tech stream last year. It weirdly doesn't have that plug to hookup the rear seat buttons.